[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 1, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #6,316 of 9,288
I've used all sorts of Anker chargers and cables and had never any issues

Sep 1, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #6,317 of 9,288
Is anyone using their M11 with Roon? Specifically with the Roon app? Just installed the Roon trial and playing around with the app on the M11. Not convinced about the sound quality. A good example is 'Fireflies' by Owl City - sounds so bright and 'harsh' through Roon, and so 'right' through FiiO Music. I wonder if Roon resampling the files has anything to do with it? If you look at the M11 settings on the app when a song is playing, you can trace back what's happening to the file. You get a choice between 16 and 24 bit and 48Khz and 96Khz. I wonder if that's the Android limitation - because I thought every app should support the full native resolution of the M11. Doesn't seem to be the case with Roon. Also, all DSDs are transcoded to PCM on the fly it seems, so no DSD support from Roon on the M11. Anyone else experience SQ issues with Roon, or have any thoughts about the transcoding going on here?

I just played some high-res material, and it shows as being re-sampled by Roon before going out through the OS Mixer. It doesn't sound harsh or bad though.

I personal would not use that charger as its 5v 2.5a and the M11 is rated for 5v 2a

Using a charger with higher current isn't a problem. The voltage has to be correct.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #6,319 of 9,288
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #6,320 of 9,288
Hello,

Anyone of you having problems with Favourites playlist? It seems that for some reason it did not work. I am able to add's songs to it from Now Playing screen using heart symbol, and added track is visible in Favourites playlist, but I am unable to play anything from in. Tracks are displayed without covers, and when trying to play all tracks or selected track from it I have an Android toast message that File is not found. Also, there is a high possibility that Fiio Music app will hang up when trying to select a track from a playlist.

I keep my music on a mSD card, port 1.

Just tried this myself and working fine. Artwork shows and track is selectable from the Fave list

Unfortunately I lost all my favourites tracks, meh. Be aware of these steps:

1. Firstly, I exported my favourites playlist (you cannot select where to store it, so it is just exported somwhere).
2. Secondly, I scaned database to remove some files and add a new ones (using scan folder option and selecting my main music folder on mSD card).
3. After that, I tryied to play some music from my favourites playlist, still without success. Images was still not visible.
4. Today, playlist was exported again.
5. I reset database of Fiio Music using internal option 'Reset database'. After that, my favourites playlist is still visible in database.
6. I went to application settings (main android settings for an app) and cleared data of it.
7. I went back to an app and scaned selected folder (my main music folder on my mSD card).
8. After scanning, favourites playlist is empty.
9. After trying to import it (again, there is no possibility to choose a file, only confirming importing process), my favourites playlist is still empty :frowning2:

I will try to use scan all function and check if it helps, otherwise all my favourites tracks were lost.

Edit:
I will try to use scan all function and check if it helps, otherwise all my favourites tracks were lost. Does not help. I added some files to favourites playlist and tryies to find where it is stored - it is stored in a main memory, in 'Android/Data/com.fiio.music/files/playlist'. Pity that I does not checked it before clearing app data (which I believe caused removing my corrupted file).

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #6,321 of 9,288
Unfortunately I lost all my favourites tracks, meh. Be aware of these steps:

1. Firstly, I exported my favourites playlist (you cannot select where to store it, so it is just exported somwhere).
2. Secondly, I scaned database to remove some files and add a new ones (using scan folder option and selecting my main music folder on mSD card).
3. After that, I tryied to play some music from my favourites playlist, still without success. Images was still not visible.
4. Today, playlist was exported again.
5. I reset database of Fiio Music using internal option 'Reset database'. After that, my favourites playlist is still visible in database.
6. I went to application settings (main android settings for an app) and cleared data of it.
7. I went back to an app and scaned selected folder (my main music folder on my mSD card).
8. After scanning, favourites playlist is empty.
9. After trying to import it (again, there is no possibility to choose a file, only confirming importing process), my favourites playlist is still empty :frowning2:

I will try to use scan all function and check if it helps, otherwise all my favourites tracks were lost.

Sorry you are having this issue.

I use musicbee to import/sync all music and playlists to my M11 and when I do this it give the option to save the playlist to the divice aswell.

The playlist will not show up in the playlist section of FiiO app but it will show up in the local music , microsd card 2 (where my files are), playlists.

To import the saved playlist to the playlists select list.m3u8 then on the top right hand side there are 3 little ticks pick this then on the left hand side it will show select all pick this then pick the +with 3 line and it ask you to confirm the imported playlist (can freeze here just wait a few mins :) )

If this is not what your issue is I am sorry cant help further.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #6,322 of 9,288
Sorry you are having this issue.

I use musicbee to import/sync all music and playlists to my M11 and when I do this it give the option to save the playlist to the divice aswell.

The playlist will not show up in the playlist section of FiiO app but it will show up in the local music , microsd card 2 (where my files are), playlists.

To import the saved playlist to the playlists select list.m3u8 then on the top right hand side there are 3 little ticks pick this then on the left hand side it will show select all pick this then pick the +with 3 line and it ask you to confirm the imported playlist (can freeze here just wait a few mins :) )

If this is not what your issue is I am sorry cant help further.

Thank you, but I does not need additional application to manage music, I have a good folders magament (created by myself) and I does not need anything else :) Just need to make a backup of this file from time to time.

Btw, could someone provide informations about additional options of Fiio Music app, I mean:

1. Resume - I found that resumes last played track when Fiio Music app is freshly opened - for e.g. after shuting down dap).
2. Auto-acces to - ?
3. Play through folders - when and how it works?
4. USB output (DoP, D2P, Native, and can be turned off)

Thanks!

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #6,323 of 9,288
Thank you, but I does not need additional application to manage music, I have a good folders magament (created by myself) and I does not need anything else :) Just need to make a backup of this file from time to time.

Btw, could someone provide informations about additional options of Fiio Music app, I mean:

1. Resume - I found that resumes last played track when Fiio Music app is freshly opened - for e.g. after shuting down dap).
2. Auto-acces to - ?
3. Play through folders - when and how it works?
4. USB output (DoP, D2P, Native, and can be turned off)

Thanks!

Resume:
In Song mode, when turned on again the FiiO Music will resume playing at the beginning of the song being last played before being turned off.
In Position mode, when turned on again the FiiO Music will resume playing from the exact position of the last song being played before being turned off.

auto access to:
off : if you play a song, it'll will simply play and highlight the song, the window you view doesn't change
on: if you select a song, it'll open up the new playing screen

play through folders:
depending on where you select your song to play (like artists, albums, or directory), once you reach the end of the album, it'll play to the next folder (or next artist, or next album)

USB output:
There are three modes of using the USB Out: D2P (DSD to PCM) and DoP (DSD over PCM). or native.
Under D2P mode, you play the PCM signal and will get the original PCM signal out. When playing the DSD signal, system will convert the DSD signal to PCM signal and output. Under DoP mode, PCM signal can be directly outputted and so does DSD signal. However, to have the signal output, the coaixal device connecting with the DAP needs to support DSD.

hope this helps

Sep 2, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #6,324 of 9,288
Resume:
In Song mode, when turned on again the FiiO Music will resume playing at the beginning of the song being last played before being turned off.
In Position mode, when turned on again the FiiO Music will resume playing from the exact position of the last song being played before being turned off.

auto access to:
off : if you play a song, it'll will simply play and highlight the song, the window you view doesn't change
on: if you select a song, it'll open up the new playing screen

play through folders:
depending on where you select your song to play (like artists, albums, or directory), once you reach the end of the album, it'll play to the next folder (or next artist, or next album)

USB output:
There are three modes of using the USB Out: D2P (DSD to PCM) and DoP (DSD over PCM). or native.
Under D2P mode, you play the PCM signal and will get the original PCM signal out. When playing the DSD signal, system will convert the DSD signal to PCM signal and output. Under DoP mode, PCM signal can be directly outputted and so does DSD signal. However, to have the signal output, the coaixal device connecting with the DAP needs to support DSD.

hope this helps

WOW, thank you man!

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #6,325 of 9,288
I had the M11 for almost 3 months now and never used the 3.5mm output since my IEMs and MDR-Z1 cans are terminated in 2.5mm or 4.4mm. Is there a setting somewhere that mutes the 3.5mm port? Balanced work fine but when I unplug it and the plug a 3.5mm-nothing! Have I got a dud M11 unit?

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #6,326 of 9,288
I had the M11 for almost 3 months now and never used the 3.5mm output since my IEMs and MDR-Z1 cans are terminated in 2.5mm or 4.4mm. Is there a setting somewhere that mutes the 3.5mm port? Balanced work fine but when I unplug it and the plug a 3.5mm-nothing! Have I got a dud M11 unit?
possibly set to Spdif out? Needs to be PO or LO (if you are connecting to amp for example)

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #6,329 of 9,288

Sorry you are having this issue, I had an issue similar this weekend and it was due to the EQ being enabled but once I disabled it sound was fine again it was also via 3.5 hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back