[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 31, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #6,301 of 9,288
Well damn, after hearing a fe others report this issue, I'm starting to have thoughts myself. Should I return my unit? can we get @FiiO to comment? I have been using the player just fine, but not that often recently. as I mentioned the first time I noticed it was when I was doing an IEM burn in with the 1MORE app, left it on over night, plugged in so it would remain charged, and next morning I wake up to find them buzzing. Pull the jack out and replug, plays fine, or turn all to DSD off just incase, but I don't want to continue the long burn in if it happens again, as I guess that sound will be damaging my brand new Fiio FH7's :frowning2: is this something @FiiO can address with a firmware update, or is it a hardware issue? I could see many unhappy customers, myself included if I had my headphones on and got that tone blasted into my ears :frowning2:

We are risking our hearing and for an audio product thats a poor showing :frowning2:

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #6,302 of 9,288
We are risking out hearing and for an audio product thats a poor showing :frowning2:

Yeah thats what I'm thinking too, I just emailed the store I purchased from (Minidisc Australia) to see what they think may be the issue, as it seems to be something that cant be isolated. It sucks, as I want to listen to my player, but not worry about having my hands at the ready to put my cable if that tone goes off in my ears.

If anyone wants to replicate and test the issue, I was using the 1MORE burn in app that just plays a sound on a loop , then strop for a while and continues the burn in , takes about 72 hours or so, but I noticed it happen 4 times already, so now I let the player play next to me to keep an eye on it, I cant be risking hearing damage while listening to music, lol

@FiiO please respond asap :frowning2:

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #6,303 of 9,288
We are risking out hearing and for an audio product thats a poor showing :frowning2:
I've had mine since May, and in hundreds of hours of listening (while charging, not charging, 100%, 5%, mostly balanced, sometimes SE), haven't had this issue even once. Often use play/resume. So would be interesting to know what causes it, and if it's a general issue or isolated to a handful of devices. I can only imagine thousands of users have been using the M11 by now, and if it was a widespread problem we'd have heard about it from more than 2-3 people?

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #6,304 of 9,288
I've had mine since May, and in hundreds of hours of listening (while charging, not charging, 100%, 5%, mostly balanced, sometimes SE), haven't had this issue even once. Often use play/resume. So would be interesting to know what causes it, and if it's a general issue or isolated to a handful of devices. I can only imagine thousands of users have been using the M11 by now, and if it was a widespread problem we'd have heard about it from more than 2-3 people?

Totally agree, I had this issue in the 1.0.5 firmware and its been gone since 1.0.6.

Just a little concerning that it could come back and that some people are still having this issue.

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #6,307 of 9,288
Sep 1, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #6,308 of 9,288
Hi all. I am selling interested in either selling or trading my EE Phantom or Earsonics Grace IEM for an M11 or Q5s. If any of you want to trade his M11/Q5s (please no other DAPs or DACs) either for a Phantom or a Grace (of course +money for both), let me know. EU only. Links in my signature.

Thanks
Apparently you are not allowed to post sale items in threads like this, post them in the buy/sell/trade section :)

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #6,309 of 9,288

It is tricky to get a sample group, but 2 or 3 people so far on a single thread on 1 forum, means it may be an issue. Let's see what @FiiO have to say. Because it is an issue that doesn't happen all the time, it could be tricky to locate the cause, I listened to 3 albums last night with no issues, but that off time it does happen, I'll just have to be ready to pull those IEM's out of my ears, or the cable pretty fast :frowning2:

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #6,310 of 9,288
So far it’s me and another user that has an issue when resuming from sleep.

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #6,312 of 9,288

First of all i would like to thank you for your response. I tried to find the anker charger but i could not find it anywhere i believe this happens because supports quick charge 2.0 and i can find only quick chargers 3.0 and 4.0. I would like to ask if i can use my xiaomi mi 8 charger (i believe it is quick charger 3.0).

charger xiaomi.jpg

Many thanks again

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #6,313 of 9,288
Ooo no , more how to charge a dap !

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #6,314 of 9,288
First of all i would like to thank you for your response. I tried to find the anker charger but i could not find it anywhere i believe this happens because supports quick charge 2.0 and i can find only quick chargers 3.0 and 4.0. I would like to ask if i can use my xiaomi mi 8 charger (i believe it is quick charger 3.0).

Many thanks again

I personal would not use that charger as its 5v 2.5a and the M11 is rated for 5v 2a

https://www.amazon.fr/Aukru-Adaptat...23301&s=gateway&sprefix=5v+2a+,aps,156&sr=8-4

Sorry in the UK and I could only find this on amazon france :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back