[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #5,206 of 9,288
Haha. Now now Juj, you know IEMs make by far the biggest difference :wink:

Best bang 4 your buck is better iems or cans. I'd love to try FH7, the Tin audio p1 paled compared to my akt8ieii. I thought I could get a comparable replacement and sell the i8es but no. I just think the FH7 would hurt my ears.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #5,207 of 9,288
I look forward to your review.

I feel where a reviewer paid for the item a review is more honest and I'll allow the reviewer some influence, like watch youtube with sound.

Where a reviewer recived this item for free in return for a fair and honest review is pure bullsh1t and dont count, youtube muted and looking just at pics.
It is probably better to look at each review and reviewer on an individual basis. Sure, there are reviewers out there who will try too much to please manufacturers (I am putting it mildly here), but people who buy gear can also get carried away a little too much.

I received the M11, FH7 and LC-2.5D free of charge, doesn't prevent me from writing an honest review. If there is something I don't like, I will say so in a constructive way because that is important feedback not just to people who read my reviews, but the manufacturer as well. And that is not just important, it is rewarding as well to see a manufacturer implement a change based in part (probably a very small part) on that feedback. As for the "free" gear? I sent the M11 over to Twister6 so he could answer questions from readers I can't answer and the FH7 and LC-2.5D are in storage for future comparisons.

My point is, not every reviewer cares for free gear. I have declined items considerably more expensive than the M11, the M11 was just more interesting.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #5,208 of 9,288
Any reason not to bring in the new firmware update on the M11? Seems like mixed reactions to it in this thread. The pure music setting and the low dispersion short delay have peaked my interest but if they amount to nothing special I'm not going near it.

New update is not bad. But there are both pluses and minuses. Pluses for me - 1.new filter that really changes the sound; 2. mode "Pure music" which I do not use. That's all :)

Minuses - 1. all pre-installed applications are placed on the main screen; 2. it is impossible to remove widgets from the main screen (I don’t need a clock widget on my device)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #5,211 of 9,288
New update is not bad. But there are both pluses and minuses. Pluses for me - 1.new filter that really changes the sound; 2. mode "Pure music" which I do not use. That's all :)

Minuses - 1. all pre-installed applications are placed on the main screen; 2. it is impossible to remove widgets from the main screen (I don’t need a clock widget on my device)

How is pure music a pro for you if you don’t use it ?

My main screen is blank apart from the bottom row of 4 applications with the rest including clock etc on screen two

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #5,212 of 9,288
It is probably better to look at each review and reviewer on an individual basis. Sure, there are reviewers out there who will try too much to please manufacturers (I am putting it mildly here), but people who buy gear can also get carried away a little too much.

I received the M11, FH7 and LC-2.5D free of charge, doesn't prevent me from writing an honest review. If there is something I don't like, I will say so in a constructive way because that is important feedback not just to people who read my reviews, but the manufacturer as well. And that is not just important, it is rewarding as well to see a manufacturer implement a change based in part (probably a very small part) on that feedback. As for the "free" gear? I sent the M11 over to Twister6 so he could answer questions from readers I can't answer and the FH7 and LC-2.5D are in storage for future comparisons.

My point is, not every reviewer cares for free gear. I have declined items considerably more expensive than the M11, the M11 was just more interesting.

Fair point

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #5,214 of 9,288
No.
A FiiO player has many problems.
1. Micro gaps via BT connect
2. Gapless playback probs via BT connect
3. EQ issues

1. It seems the HW architecture makes several problems such little gaps IN a track NOT between two tracks. You CANNOT fix that issue with another music app. It seems, it's hardware based... My preferred music app (used since more than 5 years) is perfect in music playing of FLAC and MP3 but also the app cannot handle this kind of little gaps. I found that kind of micro gaps only at FiiO devices! Maybe a SoC / BT module problem by Samsung - cannot fix by FiiO?!
2. The FiiO music app has problems with gapless playback at M7, M9 and M11 devices. You CAN fix this issue with another music app. It seems, it's software based. FiiO can fix it with a better algo.
3. The internal EQ is just a software issue.... same as 2.

X fade is another kind of music effect...

I think you may have misinterpreted the question I was asking, was is this gap issue only found in BT connection, as in listening with bluetooth devices?
Yes the device may not be perfect from what I hear, but it is pretty good and cheap compared to other offerings. I recently sold both an AK100ii and AKMK70II, they both had very poor EQ, only very small adjustments, and hard to hear much difference, they cost be about 1k aud each, the M11 is about 500-600 aud here, and sounds far fore capable player. Nothing is perfect.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #5,215 of 9,288

Missed the "pure music" update, that is interesting and I will need to try that out once the M11 gets back.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #5,216 of 9,288
. it is impossible to remove widgets from the main screen (I don’t need a clock widget on my device)

try factory reset buddy fixed for me :)

Also hide the apps in a folder (app tray )

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #5,217 of 9,288
I definitely want to recommend Fiio FH5 headphones. FH5 paired with the M11 gives a very good realistic sound with a good working out of instruments, realistic voice (vocals), and low frequencies are powerful and deep. This headphone is well suited for building an "imaginary scene." You can also look at the new Fiio FH7.
thank you for your answer

thanks to

Jujoe

and

gLer

too

regards,
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back