[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 29, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #5,191 of 9,288
Haha. Now now Juj, you know IEMs make by far the biggest difference :wink:

You are right :p and I'm asking Santa for these as my wife missed my Bday due to working away, fingers crossed I've been a good audiohobo

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #5,192 of 9,288
To me is only important that M11 and some IEMs or headphones are very good for Jazz and Blues music...
And sometimes for Rock..
Probably the best IEMs I’ve heard for jazz, classical and rock. And pop. And acoustic. And electronic. And...

There’s a special synergy between the M11 and FH7 that’s hard to explain, and isn’t always there with other sources (judging by the reviews I’ve seen). Hopefully it’s there with the M11 PRO and M15 too.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #5,193 of 9,288
Probably the best IEMs I’ve heard for jazz, classical and rock. And pop. And acoustic. And electronic. And...

There’s a special synergy between the M11 and FH7 that’s hard to explain, and isn’t always there with other sources (judging by the reviews I’ve seen). Hopefully it’s there with the M11 PRO and M15 too.

Yes you would hope the FiiO to FiiO synergy continues

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #5,194 of 9,288
Yes you would hope the FiiO to FiiO synergy continues
Now the moment i am thinking to get these as when i listened them in the shop for me seemed that they really shined and sounded the best with fiio daps. Havent tested with m11 but even with m9 they sounded amazing and not bright at all. So hope they will be the same with m11, as this price iems will be end game for me at the moment. So from qler words seems they really have synergy as it is expected from the same brand

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #5,195 of 9,288
Now the moment i am thinking to get these as when i listened them in the shop for me seemed that they really shined and sounded the best with fiio daps. Havent tested with m11 but even with m9 they sounded amazing and not bright at all. So hope they will be the same with m11, as this price iems will be end game for me at the moment. So from qler words seems they really have synergy as it is expected from the same brand
To me they're not too bright at all. The highs extend nicely and are super smooth, and the bass is all there when called for. Mids are beautifully balanced too. It's a very balanced, refined sound, especially with the M11. They are also very honest, as in if your recording sucks, you'll hear every flaw. You have to take into account the type of music people listen to when reading reviews, and also the source files... I've been disappointed listening to some of my albums with the FH7, not because of the FH7, but because the combination of FH7 and M11 doesn't hide very obvious flaws in the recording. Chistina Perri's 'Head or Heart' is a great example. Gorgeous album, one of my favourite artists, but the recording quality of her voice on some of the tracks (and I have the high-res 24-bit Flac album) leave much to be desired, something I never noticed before on less resolving, more forgiving headphones and speakers. I guess if you like gooey, warm, laid-back, thick-ish sound, the FH7 probably aren't for you, and indeed might sound 'bright' compared to that type of IEM/headphone.

Hopefully not off topic, just expanding on the details of the synergy between M11/FH7. Will be posting more details on the FH7 thread/official review soon.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #5,196 of 9,288
Poweramp has crossfade by default. Sounds awesome. Like bringing a car to a gentle stop instead of slamming on the brakes. That’s one feature sorely missing from FiiO Music. @FiiO
I don't have the M11 yet, but I would assume that 3rd party apps should have crossfade, or perhaps we can ask Fiio to add crossfade till they can possibly get the issue fixed, they seem responsive to comments and requests

I downloaded Poweramp through the apkpure app for free. How long does it last, do you have to pay for it ?

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #5,197 of 9,288
I downloaded Poweramp through the apkpure app for free. How long does it last, do you have to pay for it ?
It's a 15-day trial. You have to buy a license for $3.50 from the official site and register it on your M11. You might have to re-download the non-Google Play version.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #5,198 of 9,288
To me they're not too bright at all. The highs extend nicely and are super smooth, and the bass is all there when called for. Mids are beautifully balanced too. It's a very balanced, refined sound, especially with the M11. They are also very honest, as in if your recording sucks, you'll hear every flaw. You have to take into account the type of music people listen to when reading reviews, and also the source files... I've been disappointed listening to some of my albums with the FH7, not because of the FH7, but because the combination of FH7 and M11 doesn't hide very obvious flaws in the recording. Chistina Perri's 'Head or Heart' is a great example. Gorgeous album, one of my favourite artists, but the recording quality of her voice on some of the tracks (and I have the high-res 24-bit Flac album) leave much to be desired, something I never noticed before on less resolving, more forgiving headphones and speakers. I guess if you like gooey, warm, laid-back, thick-ish sound, the FH7 probably aren't for you, and indeed might sound 'bright' compared to that type of IEM/headphone.

Hopefully not off topic, just expanding on the details of the synergy between M11/FH7. Will be posting more details on the FH7 thread/official review soon.

I look forward to your review.

I feel where a reviewer paid for the item a review is more honest and I'll allow the reviewer some influence, like watch youtube with sound.

Where a reviewer recived this item for free in return for a fair and honest review is pure bullsh1t and dont count, youtube muted and looking just at pics.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #5,199 of 9,288
I don't have the M11 yet, but I would assume that 3rd party apps should have crossfade, or perhaps we can ask Fiio to add crossfade till they can possibly get the issue fixed, they seem responsive to comments and requests

its in the Hiby player app but it doesn't work. I loved crossfade in my old iPod nano. Fiio needs to add this--nothing I hate more than the long loud silence between tracks

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #5,200 of 9,288
its in the Hiby player app but it doesn't work. I loved crossfade in my old iPod nano. Fiio needs to add this--nothing I hate more than the long loud silence between tracks

..................................................................Awkward

yup sucks

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #5,201 of 9,288
I look forward to your review.

I feel where a reviewer paid for the item a review is more honest and I'll allow the reviewer some influence, like watch youtube with sound.

Where a reviewer recived this item for free in return for a fair and honest review is pure bullsh1t and dont count, youtube muted and looking just at pics.
I paid for mine, although FiiO did give me a slight break on the price. You’ll always only get an honest review from me, even when I get something sent to me for free. Watch out for an upcoming review of a not-inexpensive IEM where I don’t hold back any punches, and rightly so.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #5,202 of 9,288
I paid for mine, although FiiO did give me a slight break on the price. You’ll always only get an honest review from me, even when I get something sent to me for free. Watch out for an upcoming review of a not-inexpensive IEM where I don’t hold back any punches, and rightly so.

Discount aint bad I always try get one LOL

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #5,203 of 9,288
Any reason not to bring in the new firmware update on the M11? Seems like mixed reactions to it in this thread. The pure music setting and the low dispersion short delay have peaked my interest but if they amount to nothing special I'm not going near it.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #5,204 of 9,288
So you are having problems just with bluetooth and gapless? I understand the issue should be fixed, but in the meantime, x fade might be a temp fix
No.
A FiiO player has many problems.
1. Micro gaps via BT connect
2. Gapless playback probs via BT connect
3. EQ issues

1. It seems the HW architecture makes several problems such little gaps IN a track NOT between two tracks. You CANNOT fix that issue with another music app. It seems, it's hardware based... My preferred music app (used since more than 5 years) is perfect in music playing of FLAC and MP3 but also the app cannot handle this kind of little gaps. I found that kind of micro gaps only at FiiO devices! Maybe a SoC / BT module problem by Samsung - cannot fix by FiiO?!
2. The FiiO music app has problems with gapless playback at M7, M9 and M11 devices. You CAN fix this issue with another music app. It seems, it's software based. FiiO can fix it with a better algo.
3. The internal EQ is just a software issue.... same as 2.

X fade is another kind of music effect...

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #5,205 of 9,288
Any reason not to bring in the new firmware update on the M11? Seems like mixed reactions to it in this thread. The pure music setting and the low dispersion short delay have peaked my interest but if they amount to nothing special I'm not going near it.

I think people only had issues with the update as it looks like the M11 needs a factory reset after to clear some conflicts. I could be worng tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back