[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 29, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #5,176 of 9,288
Hello,

Im thinking to buy M11...
Which IEMs or Big cans do you recommend ?
The best sound I hear was HD800 with Hugo 2 and TT (1gen)..
And HD800 + Erzetich Deimos.

So something close to that...

But I prefer a little more bass.
I listen Jazz, Blues and some Rock music.

regards,
Simon

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #5,177 of 9,288
could you just use cross fade set to lowest number to avoid and gaps ?
Remember.
X fade is not to prevent gapless problems, it's just a "fade our / fade in mechanism" for files with non-gapless support, normal MP3 encoded files for example. But, many SW player supports gapless playback, also for MP3
You can X fade as gimmick, but not for correct gapless playback method.

In addition, it seems Samsung's implemented (SoC) BT module has issues!

My M11 has micro gaps, too (not so much as the pre-decessors, but I can hear it from time to time).
It's interessting - the original FiiO app makes trouble with all my M devices, but ALSO my preferred music app makes trouble at my M11 (in limited cases from time to time).
I know, my preferred music app, all my original encoded FLAC files are playing VERY fine with different tablets, hardware devices (Sony Walkman, AP80, squeezeboxes atc. pp) since many, many years, just the M7, M9 and NOW the M11 has trouble with micro gaps!

If FiiO uses always the same Samsung specified BT chips, I always will have the same problem with every newer FiiO model until FiiO supports another SoC / Bt module in future.....

Does anyone have the spec. of Hidisz AP80? Maybe, it's another, different BT module implemented....

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #5,178 of 9,288
Hello,

Im thinking to buy M11...
Which IEMs or Big cans do you recommend ?
The best sound I hear was HD800 with Hugo 2 and TT (1gen)..
And HD800 + Erzetich Deimos.

So something close to that...

But I prefer a little more bass.
I listen Jazz, Blues and some Rock music.

regards,
Simon

I definitely want to recommend Fiio FH5 headphones. FH5 paired with the M11 gives a very good realistic sound with a good working out of instruments, realistic voice (vocals), and low frequencies are powerful and deep. This headphone is well suited for building an "imaginary scene." You can also look at the new Fiio FH7.

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #5,179 of 9,288
I definitely want to recommend Fiio FH5 headphones. FH5 paired with the M11 gives a very good realistic sound with a good working out of instruments, realistic voice (vocals), and low frequencies are powerful and deep. This headphone is well suited for building an "imaginary scene." You can also look at the new Fiio FH7.

+1 for the M11 FH5 combo my out and about setup :p

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #5,182 of 9,288
Remember.
X fade is not to prevent gapless problems, it's just a "fade our / fade in mechanism" for files with non-gapless support, normal MP3 encoded files for example. But, many SW player supports gapless playback, also for MP3
You can X fade as gimmick, but not for correct gapless playback method.

In addition, it seems Samsung's implemented (SoC) BT module has issues!

My M11 has micro gaps, too (not so much as the pre-decessors, but I can hear it from time to time).
It's interessting - the original FiiO app makes trouble with all my M devices, but ALSO my preferred music app makes trouble at my M11 (in limited cases from time to time).
I know, my preferred music app, all my original encoded FLAC files are playing VERY fine with different tablets, hardware devices (Sony Walkman, AP80, squeezeboxes atc. pp) since many, many years, just the M7, M9 and NOW the M11 has trouble with micro gaps!

If FiiO uses always the same Samsung specified BT chips, I always will have the same problem with every newer FiiO model until FiiO supports another SoC / Bt module in future.....

Does anyone have the spec. of Hidisz AP80? Maybe, it's another, different BT module implemented....

So you are having problems just with bluetooth and gapless? I understand the issue should be fixed, but in the meantime, x fade might be a temp fix

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #5,183 of 9,288
So you are having problems just with bluetooth and gapless? I understand the issue should be fixed, but in the meantime, x fade might be a temp fix

Where are you finding the crossfade function in the fiio app? Looked this morning could not find it lol

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #5,185 of 9,288
But someone’s say that the FH7 is a bit bright or clinical ...with M11

That's their opinion and some say its endgame no one is right or wrong it all just opinions and like bums we all got one :)

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #5,188 of 9,288
I don't have the M11 yet, but I would assume that 3rd party apps should have crossfade, or perhaps we can ask Fiio to add crossfade till they can possibly get the issue fixed, they seem responsive to comments and requests

LOL for a moment I was thinking my M11 was missing some functions.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #5,190 of 9,288
I don't have the M11 yet, but I would assume that 3rd party apps should have crossfade, or perhaps we can ask Fiio to add crossfade till they can possibly get the issue fixed, they seem responsive to comments and requests
Poweramp has crossfade by default. Sounds awesome. Like bringing a car to a gentle stop instead of slamming on the brakes. That’s one feature sorely missing from FiiO Music. @FiiO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back