[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 29, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #5,236 of 9,288
Today I purchased a new microSD card which I would like to use for my new M11. So what's involved in getting music onto the SD card? Does the SD card need to be formatted? If so, how do you format it? Can you format the card in the player?

Sorry for the noob question but I was unable to find anything about formatting SD cards in the M11 manual. Thanks!

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #5,237 of 9,288
Today I purchased a new microSD card which I would like to use for my new M11. So what's involved in getting music onto the SD card? Does the SD card need to be formatted? If so, how do you format it? Can you format the card in the player?

Sorry for the noob question but I was unable to find anything about formatting SD cards in the M11 manual. Thanks!
For both of my cards I formatted in the player then did all of my transferring via USB micro SD reader

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #5,238 of 9,288

yes card can be formated in the M11

If you use a pc music can be managed via usb in explorer or using a player like foobar2000 or musicbee.

Hope this helps

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #5,240 of 9,288
That's terrific that you can format the SD card in the M11. However, once the card is inserted into the M11 how do you actually format the SD card?

It will ask you if you would like to format.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #5,242 of 9,288
Really? I didn't notice that but I'll give it another whirl.

Will ask if you want to use as an external or internal storage.
  1. After you insert the SD card, you'll get a notification.
  2. On the notification, tap Set up.
  3. Tap the kind of storage you want.
    • Portable storage:
      You can move the SD card and its files, like photos and music, to another device. You can't move apps to portable storage.
    • Internal storage:
      You can store apps and data only for this device. If you move the SD card to another device, the SD card will be erased ('formatted'). After the SD card is erased, you can use it with the other device.
  4. To set up your SD card, follow the on-screen steps.
  5. When complete, tap Done.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #5,244 of 9,288
I loaded the SD card into the M11 and I did not receive any prompt to format the card. Is there another way in the SETTINGS to do so?

If the sd card installed you should be fine to start moving music.

If not tho select the sd in the storage setting then using the top right hand 3 dots select storage settings and format the card, then its should prompt you to set it up as portable or internal

I will post pics soon

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #5,245 of 9,288
Alright since I couldn't figure out how to format this card I simply loaded some songs from my iMac by using the card reader and copying directly from my music files from the computer onto the SD card. I put the card back into the M11, scanned for music and lo and behold the 24 songs I copied onto the SD card were there. No idea about how the SD card was formatted though.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #5,246 of 9,288
Alright since I couldn't figure out how to format this card I simply loaded some songs from my iMac by using the card reader and copying directly from my music files from the computer onto the SD card. I put the card back into the M11, scanned for music and lo and behold the 24 songs I copied onto the SD card were there. No idea about how the SD card was formatted though.

not to worry it'll be fine happy listening buddy

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #5,248 of 9,288
Not falling for the hype of the M11 Pro and waiting for the M11 Pro Ultra

Smart man! :joy:

ALAC a is a lossless file format as you know and yes, iOS nails gapless on both AAC and ALACs, this is flawless on iPods and TVOS Apple TVs

My apologies. For some reason when I read your original post I read it as AAC. That's a bit weird then. I wonder if anyone else is having a similar issue.

https://www.moogaudio.com/en/fiio-m11-black

Makes the M11 seem like a real beast. No questions asked.

What's with the price jump on that site? It looks like the standard M11 to me...

If FiiO uses always the same Samsung specified BT chips, I always will have the same problem with every newer FiiO model until FiiO supports another SoC / Bt module in future.....

Wait, so your poor gapless experience is related to BT and not a wired connection? I vaguely remember people saying they were having BT syncing issues around the time of the M11's release, but I don't remember if that was audio or video related.

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #5,249 of 9,288
Best bang 4 your buck is better iems or cans. I'd love to try FH7, the Tin audio p1 paled compared to my akt8ieii. I thought I could get a comparable replacement and sell the i8es but no. I just think the FH7 would hurt my ears.
Why would you think that? What sort of music do you like?

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #5,250 of 9,288
Why would you think that? What sort of music do you like?

Lol no, I mean physically hurt my ears. They're very sensitive- probably from wearing iems for so many years that I look for tiny light iems. If they are too big, too heavy, or the nozzle is too thick I just can't tolerate them.

akt8ieii are tiny and very light, so I'm very limited unfortunately. That's why I tried the tin audio p1s- they looked small. But they were a bit too heavy and didn't sound close to my beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back