[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 28, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #5,146 of 9,288
I'm asking for insight here please.
Anybody has ever felt like an external portable high quality DAC AMP could work great with a modern Android 9 smartphone like Samsung Galaxy Note 9?
After all, that external DAC AMP, portable or otherwise, does the same thing the M11 does, right? Don't I have more flexibility with my Android device playback both with WiFi and Cellular plus a DAC AMP? All the apps are attainable, Tidal, etc. in apk or Google Play. DAC AMP has balanced output too. Right now My Note 9 is being pushed by Fiio K3 to Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee. Sounds amazing!
Ok, what is the actual top benefits of owning the M11 based on that criteria, please?

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #5,147 of 9,288
Anybody has ever felt like an external portable high quality DAC AMP could work great with a modern Android 9 smartphone like Samsung Galaxy Note 9?
After all, that external DAC AMP, portable or otherwise, does the same thing the M11 does, right? Don't I have more flexibility with my Android device playback both with WiFi and Cellular plus a DAC AMP? All the apps are attainable, Tidal, etc. in apk or Google Play. DAC AMP has balanced output too. Right now My Note 9 is being pushed by Fiio K3 to Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee. Sounds amazing!
Ok, what is the actual top benefits of owning the M11 based on that criteria, please?

FiiO Q5s coming soon if just dac amp needed:) M11 has no google play services

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #5,148 of 9,288
+1 to this, wish it can be disabled or just keep it showing everytime. Not like its current one so disturbing. @FiiO

Wish we could disable the vertical alphabet scroll - hardly ever works successfully or first time and in album view judders the album art ( this doesn’t happen in the Hiby app version )

But speed scrolling is fast enough, it’s an ugly clumsy UI/UX

Jul 28, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #5,153 of 9,288

I should have read the specs little more carefully. It says recommended impedance greater than 16 ohms. All my IEMs were below that Andromeda (12.8 ohms), Oriolus Mk2 (14-16 ohm), and Hyla CE-5 (8.9 ohms) ... and they all hissed with M11. Works beautifully with all my full size headphones. No wonder :) Just a word of caution for people considering M11. And always thank @Jujoe !

Jul 28, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #5,154 of 9,288

Speaking as a DAP user, not an M11 owner- Depends on your use case- if you're content with your phone stack, then maybe no advantages and some disadvantages (no Play store, no cell data, though you can bluetooth phone audio to the DAP or run a wifi hotspot from your phone to DAP).

Advantages: Playback buttons, volume control (some dac/amp don't have or android default 16 steps), conserving phone battery life, don't have to strap an amp to your phone or worry about interference noices or the usb connection coming loose on the go. With other DAPs there's also the dedicated music specific interface, but I guess this doesn't really count for M11 (no 'pure music mode' unlike x7ii from what I gatheroops, guess it was added in update, sorry)

btw the price on that store you linked is like $200 over Fiio msrp (*edit nvm, just realized it's Canadian, though switching to US still $30 over)

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #5,157 of 9,288
Speaking as a DAP user, not an M11 owner- Depends on your use case- if you're content with your phone stack, then maybe no advantages and some disadvantages (no Play store, no cell data, though you can bluetooth phone audio to the DAP or run a wifi hotspot from your phone to DAP).

Advantages: Playback buttons, volume control (some dac/amp don't have or android default 16 steps), conserving phone battery life, don't have to strap an amp to your phone or worry about interference noices or the usb connection coming loose on the go. With other DAPs there's also the dedicated music specific interface, but I guess this doesn't really count for M11 (no 'pure music mode' unlike x7ii from what I gather).

btw the price on that store you linked is like $200 over Fiio msrp (*edit nvm, just realized it's Canadian, though switching to US still $30 over)

Jul 28, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #5,160 of 9,288
Funny - I have asked the EXACT same question yesterday!
Personally, I am still on the fence... and for the record: I love FiiO and own several of their (older) products!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back