[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 28, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #5,131 of 9,288
Question about organizing your music for optimal FiiO M11 player app use.

So I have nicely ripped flac albums, all well and good. I also have about 25,000 unorganized single tracks, mostly with file names of 'Artist - Title' and reasonable tag metadata. The directory structure for these is crap, in fact half the files are in a single directory. When I did all my streaming from linux I actually organized my music with symbolic links. My playlist, of sorts. Directory of 'jazz' links to jazz tracks. Directory of 'classical' links to classical tracks, and so on.

If I just import all the raw tracks as is into the FiiO app, it's hard to find anything. So I'm wondering if you have any advise on how to organize things for FiiO M11 app. Maybe adding directory structure does it. Maybe I need to master MP3 friendly playlist syntax. I have no idea, thus this message looking for pointers.

I tried playing around with 'beets' and 'Picard' yesterday to bolster my tagging and perhaps rename some files, but wasn't a good time. 'beets' didn't seem to like my single tracks, and Picard would put in the wrong metadata from MusicBrainz. So scratch that. Not that it would have helped the FiiO M11 music app, though that's an experiement still in progress.

Thanks for any tips.

I think it's looking at file names.

I have a folder structure as
Genre
Artist
Album
artist - album - track no - song

....and if artist is differently capitalized as the file name in each album, it'll show up as multiple artists in the artist list.

Renaming the file names, reset database, and rescan should work, but it doesn't.

Example:

INXS
Inxs

will be in the file list as two different artists in the list if the file names are different, regardless of the file hierarchy.

Just my best guess and I try to work out a solution.

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #5,132 of 9,288

Thats the way its saved for me.

I read that the fiio app that is installed on the m11 is compatible with Itunes, have you tried using itune to manage your M11 library and playlists? https://www.fiio.com/app

5. Sync with iTunes; automatic language settings - Easily import your iTunes library with one tap. FiiO Music automatically recognizes which region your device is from and sets the language accordingly, for a seamless experience no matter where you are in the world.

isyncr is an Android app with Windows desktop companion that syncs both directions with M11 to and from Itunes in Windows (untested on Mac), including play counts and smart playlists. I did not expect to be able to do this with my new M11, and was a happy surprise.

Download Amazon store apk from the amazon website, and install it from there. A few bucks, but the support is outstanding and the app works with Itunes, if the M11 wireless sync is a bit slow.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #5,133 of 9,288
isyncr is an Android app that syncs both directions with M11 to and from Itunes, including play counts and smart playlists. I did not expect to be able to do this with my new M11, and was a happy surprise.

Download Amazon store apk from the amazon website, and install it from there. A few bucks, but the support is outstanding and the app works with Itunes, if the M11 wireless sync is a bit slow.

thanks for the info, I was trying to help another M11 owner using a Mac when I dont have Mac LOL.

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #5,134 of 9,288
Apologies if this has been covered, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm using the M11 with a set of Campfire Andromedas (using the stock cable at the moment but I have a balanced EA Lionheart on the way). Loving the pairing so far.

When using the single ended output the bass is heavy and full but not bloated or uncontrolled. I can't wait to hear them with the balanced Lionheart.

My question is this. Why are Fiio's specs for output impedance shown as imprecise values? When I look at other devices I see values like 1.6 ohms, while the M11's are rated at <1 and <2 ohms (SE and Balanced respectively).

Is the output impedance of ANY DAP variable as described in Fiio's specs, or is there something unique about the M11 that prevents an exact value from being provided?

Or is it just a matter of Head-Fi members needing to do their own measurements to get more precise results?

If anyone has done their own measurements I'd love to know what you have found.

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #5,135 of 9,288
Apologies if this has been covered, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm using the M11 with a set of Campfire Andromedas (using the stock cable at the moment but I have a balanced EA Lionheart on the way). Loving the pairing so far.

When using the single ended output the bass is heavy and full but not bloated or uncontrolled. I can't wait to hear them with the balanced Lionheart.

My question is this. Why are Fiio's specs for output impedance shown as imprecise values? When I look at other devices I see values like 1.6 ohms, while the M11's are rated at <1 and <2 ohms (SE and Balanced respectively).

Is the output impedance of ANY DAP variable as described in Fiio's specs, or is there something unique about the M11 that prevents an exact value from being provided?

Or is it just a matter of Head-Fi members needing to do their own measurements to get more precise results?

If anyone has done their own measurements I'd love to know what you have found.

Could it be to do with gain and with high gain the output impedance will change?

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #5,136 of 9,288
isyncr is an Android app that syncs both directions with M11 to and from Itunes, including play counts and smart playlists. I did not expect to be able to do this with my new M11, and was a happy surprise.

That’s iTunes on windows or iTunes on a Mac ? You should be specific as Android behaves differently on the platforms.

Jul 28, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #5,138 of 9,288
Anyone know what replay gain setting is in the FiiO music app ? The M11 manual is basic to say the least and doesn’t cover the app
It will even the volume of the songs when checked.

Jul 28, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #5,139 of 9,288
Jul 28, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #5,140 of 9,288
thanks for the info, I was trying to help another M11 owner using a Mac when I dont have Mac LOL.

I haven't tried isyncr on Mac, only from Win Itunes to Android.

Jul 28, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #5,141 of 9,288
AFAIK Sony and Apple are really the only companies who nail perfect gapless on lossy files. FiiO's players in the past have had issues with this, so this doesn't come as a surprise to me.

ALAC a is a lossless file format as you know and yes, iOS nails gapless on both AAC and ALACs, this is flawless on iPods and TVOS Apple TVs

Jul 28, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #5,144 of 9,288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back