[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 25, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #4,756 of 9,288
Audio_Test_CDs_Software_Ultra_Burn-in_CD3000_-_System_Burn-in_CD_grande.jpg

Use this its gotta help @ www.bestbang4buckDAP.FiiO.M11

Juj

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #4,758 of 9,288
Battery is really good, it says it will use more but it cant be much, i also have dither on for maximum sound quality, also supposed to use more battery but I think the m11 cpu is both efficient as well as powerfull (for a dap)

on 384khz i find i have to drop the software latency slider from 20 to 10 to avoid any blips, perfect after that.

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #4,759 of 9,288
Battery is really good, it says it will use more but it cant be much, i also have dither on for maximum sound quality, also supposed to use more battery but I think the m11 cpu is both efficient as well as powerfull (for a dap)

on 384khz i find i have to drop the software latency slider from 20 to 10 to avoid any blips, perfect after that.

Ok thank you, I enjoyed Neutron but the trail ended before I could get deep :p

Juj

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #4,760 of 9,288
One of the good things about 1.0.6 is that I was just searching to see if it is OK to upgrade as the nag message is getting on my nerves and saw someone refer to Nova launcher. I had no idea we could have other launchers and love Nova but the problem would be that my M11 would look the same as my phone and tablet. That is why I pray we don't get Play Store support as it has been a breath of fresh air not having to sign on to the Big G and being nagged by him all the time for not doing this and that. My M11 contains all I need to escape real world $hit and everyone else can keep their hands off lol

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #4,761 of 9,288
In preparation for tomorrow when hopefully the M11 arrives, few newbie questions
1. What format do the SD Cards need to be in ?
2. Can you import predone playlists (I did this on the Opus in m3u format) and if so where do you place them ?
3. Can you output hires via the coaxial adapter to a receiver (Marantz 6012) ?
4. My SD Cards are formatted in folders like
Music folder > Jackson Browne >Albums
> Rush>Albums
> Yes>Albums
Is that correct for this device ?

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #4,762 of 9,288
In preparation for tomorrow when hopefully the M11 arrives, few newbie questions
1. What format do the SD Cards need to be in ?
2. Can you import predone playlists (I did this on the Opus in m3u format) and if so where do you place them ?
3. Can you output hires via the coaxial adapter to a receiver (Marantz 6012) ?
4. My SD Cards are formatted in folders like
Music folder > Jackson Browne >Albums
> Rush>Albums
> Yes>Albums
Is that correct for this device ?
Format the card right in the player before you start loading it up with anything.
Most music player apps I have used allow for playlist importing. Fiio, Poweramp, Neutron all allow importing playlists and you can search through your files and find the folder they're saved in.
Not sure about 3 and 4

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #4,763 of 9,288
Format the card right in the player before you start loading it up with anything.
Most music player apps I have used allow for playlist importing. Fiio, Poweramp, Neutron all allow importing playlists and you can search through your files and find the folder they're saved in.
Not sure about 3 and 4

Both my 400 GB cards are formatted and already have my music on them that’s why I wanted to know the “format”, I don’t want to redo them if at all possible, it takes a long time to transfer 800 GB

I also have copies of my m3u playlists which worked on the Opus which is why I asked if there is a folder on the internal drive where they are kept (the Opus had a Playlist folder)

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #4,765 of 9,288
Damn my Neutron keeps crashing at the end of songs before the next one starts in an album. Then I have to restart the app, I might go back to 1.5 **** it won't let me install the previous firmware, What

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #4,766 of 9,288
One of the great advantages of the M11 is that with Plex and access to Wi-Fi I have full access to my entire library from anywhere in the world. And at home I just use FiiO’s DLNA access for anything I don’t physically have on the player. I guess it’s a bit different for DSF albums that generally don’t stream over DLNA, but with two slots you should have plenty of space for all your DSF files. That’s assuming the M11 is your only/primary source of music, which for me it isn’t.

Yeah I tried Plex, but am more Roon based for music :) - though they don't do DLNA yet. Actually I've got all my music in the cloud in a dropbox account, unlimited, but the Cloudplayer's not playing ball with the M11 which is a bummer. Basically, I was saying 2 slots is ok but I'd love more. Taking it back to 1 slot is really not a good idea, imho. Folk who buy players are a special breed, they're buying them because they're looking for everything on the go, maximum sound quality really as priority (otherwise why even bother looking past a "hifi phone" like the V30?), great physical inputs and outputs, maximum storage for local files accumulated over the years/decades, internet access for streaming, best bluetooth codecs. Really 2 slots is a no brainer for an upper-mid fi tier product.

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #4,768 of 9,288
Just updated mine. Though haven’t really tested it as I shut it down after successfully installing the new firmware.

Jul 26, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #4,769 of 9,288
Personally, I also have not noticed significant changes when changing filters. I first encountered the filters on Aune daps.

Jul 26, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #4,770 of 9,288
Hello folks,

it happened to me yesterday that the m11 in StandBy has completely emptied over a short time (1 to 2 hours) and has shut down. Had left the hiby music app open. Battery level had been at 40% at the last use. Then connected the charger and the battery had actually been completely empty. Has anyone had similar experiences? Was it on the hiby music player? Has been for the first time and so far there have been no problems with the battery. Thanks for answer...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back