[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 25, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #4,741 of 9,288
Ok I only have a 5v - 2700mA but I will still see what happens and report back

Juj

Cool dude! Good luck! Make sure you plug in some cheap headphones!!! I have a feeling it only effects balanced though...

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #4,743 of 9,288
Cool dude! Good luck! Make sure you plug in some cheap headphones!!! I have a feeling it only effects balanced though...

I'll use my FiiO FH5 (looking at getting fh7 I wanted solaris but I'm audiohobo)

Juj

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #4,744 of 9,288
I'll use my FiiO FH5 (looking at getting fh7 I wanted solaris but I'm audiohobo)

Juj

I got the FH7 a couple of weeks ago! They are sooooo good!

Oh, when the bug happened I hit play from the lock screen by tapping on the Fiio Music app widget thing...

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #4,745 of 9,288
After the update, Fiio Music seems it can’t scan some of my songs. It doesn’t seem to be an issue with poweramp though.

I just added 5 songs no problems, Maybe your M11 needs a reboot

Juj

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #4,746 of 9,288
I remember when fiio first started, they had a tiny, hissy black amp- or was it white , can't remember and too lazy to look up. But it sounded pretty good and was cheap.

I has their first dap, and back then there firmware and support were um lacking. Heck even when x5iii came out firmware was slow and three were many problems and lots of haters.

But they've hung in there and now they're schooling other companies on how to make a proper mid price dap that sounds more like a flagship

Still got my Fiio X1 (with upgraded opamps) keep it in the car for those emergency get to gym and dap has no charge left times. Still sounds good.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #4,747 of 9,288
Bad news - eardrum killing big is still there!

Charged my M11 to 100%, pressed play whilst still connected to charger...

Dangerously loud modem sounds blasted through my IEMs (using 4.4).

I’m just glad they weren’t in my ears at the time!!!
Did you happen to leave it on LO instead of PO?

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #4,748 of 9,288
For those who use Tidal, is it actually identical to a flac file? What size of file would be an improvement from Tidal?

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #4,749 of 9,288
I got the FH7 a couple of weeks ago! They are sooooo good!

Oh, when the bug happened I hit play from the lock screen by tapping on the Fiio Music app widget thing...

So full charge with 2.5 and FH5 and using the fiio app from the lockscreen I get no LOUD noise but thats not to say it might not happen at some point later.

The charger I used was less powerfull and I dont know if this is playing a large part of your problem or if its an issue we'll all have at some point.

Juj

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #4,750 of 9,288
Hello of all the strange things I read here problems with the dac funtion ,loud noises whilst recharging never encounted them.

Love the m11 in combination with fiio fh7.
I am a long time audiofile with experience with high end audio systems I like the sound of the m11 a lot.

Btw you can,t judge the sound of the m11 when it is brand new give it some time to “burn in”.
I have mine now for 4 weeks of so and i remember the first time to hear a soung it sounded
Not good for me but afther a couple of days the sound was getting up to par.
It's the same sensation after few hours listening to it.. Now it sounds not so dynamic and I miss some sparkle..
What did you noticed after burn in?

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #4,751 of 9,288
It's the same sensation after few hours listening to it.. Now it sounds not so dynamic and I miss some sparkle..
You mean it got worse for you??

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #4,753 of 9,288

Sounds like the honemoon period is over :ksc75smile: use a different player. Neutron sounds best to me, it also now fully supports the m11 without having to manually configure the audio driver :L3000:

Get it outputting everything at 384khz 32bit

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #4,754 of 9,288
Sounds like the honemoon period is over :ksc75smile: use a different player. Neutron sounds best to me, it allso now fully supports the m11 without having to manually configure the audio driver :L3000:

Get it outputting everything at 384khz 32bit

Nice does it sound better or destroy the battery? :p

Juj

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #4,755 of 9,288
Face it guys, we're just delusional, this thing sounds weak sauce. I mean crap, I just doubled the ram in my laptop and it's running sloooooooowwwweeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In fact it's running so slow I think it's running backwards. Oh no, my eyes have gone crossed.

She falls down a well and her eyes go crossed. Got kicked in the head by a mule, and they go back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back