[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #4,216 of 9,288
Weird, on my S10 I could download it instantly.

Was that via the play store? M11 does not have this feature.

I was trying to install via APKPure, I will see if the other install app give any other results.

OK the other installers that are on the M11 are CoolApk and Yingyongbao and both look like they are in chinese, I'm sorry cant read a word so of no use.

Juj

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #4,217 of 9,288
The file ordering of the M11 is strange these type of errors are all over the library and while I can live with it as I like to listen on shuffle for other it needs to be fixed asap.

Juj

I really hope it's fixed in the next firmware update. If there's an album I want to listen to and it has tracks that aren't in the right order I have to use my X5II and it's a pain removing the SD cards so I really don't bother with it.

Other than that problem I really like the M11 a lot, especially listening to my Sendy Aiva and Tin T2 in the 4.4mm balanced output. I need to get cables for my Elear and HP-3 and luckily they use the same 3.5mm connection. I see that Meze makes a 2.5mm cable for the 99 that would work and it's only $50 so I might try that.

The only other small downside is the battery goes down pretty quick when listening to flac files on high gain in balanced mode. I don't think it's any better in that regard than my X5II.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #4,218 of 9,288
I really hope it's fixed in the next firmware update. If there's an album I want to listen to and it has tracks that aren't in the right order I have to use my X5II and it's a pain removing the SD cards so I really don't bother with it.

The only other small downside is the battery goes down pretty quick when listening to flac files on high gain in balanced mode. I don't think it's any better in that regard than my X5II.

I was thinking about this and maybe just a cue file for each album might be the fix, I'm gonna do some tests over next few days :)

Have you got the Wifi or bluetooth enabled as these will suck the life outta the M11, I have used a little over 30% 5 via line out and using the Neutron player.

Juj

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #4,219 of 9,288
The battery life gets better after some cycles too. Pretty good battery life for me since I have it on high gain with balanced out with eq on. I'd say I get about 9-10 hours. Not much screen usage for me though, I might do a rundown test just out of curiosity but it's longer than m6, sr15, u8, and dx220 for sure.

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #4,220 of 9,288
How much battery life is sacrificed when Bluetooth or Wi-fi is used? Do you guys leave it on of off?

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #4,221 of 9,288
How much battery life is sacrificed when Bluetooth or Wi-fi is used? Do you guys leave it on of off?

I cant truly say buddy as I only use wifi for 5 mins each morning to check for updates sorry.

Juj

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #4,223 of 9,288
More than 10 hours with BT only. :wink:
I just read on FiiO's site that battery life is around 13 hours so if using Bluetooth only cuts it to 10 that's not too bad. Wish it was longer though

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #4,224 of 9,288
I have a massive, growing digital music collection, all ripped lossless or downloaded as such, for which myself or friends have paid for. And libraries, too. Except bootleg Grateful Dead via file sharing. I am rather a curator of music I adore. Also an archivist. This makes it intimately personal to me, as opposed at streaming at will or randomly. The processes of seeking, sampling, collecting, filing, paying and caring for it increases my appreciation and enjoyment. And listening!

You sound like me. The cataloging and organizing of my digital collection is so therapeutic to me.

Whenever I tell them they go even crazier and think I'm stupid for buying such a thing. Unfortunately the Gen Z people I'm surrounded by (with the exception of just one person) don't quite understand the hobby of Hi-fi so whenever possible I try not to draw any attention with my ZX300. I wish I could be reclusive as well but with school that's not possible lol

As I say all the time when it comes to contemporary music consumption: different strokes for different folks. I'm a fiend, so I love my personal digital collection, but I also love my CDs and Vinyl records, and I've found streaming is a great way to try out new music that I can then purchase in one format or another. Hi-fi is one of those things you either get or you don't. There's no real in-between, in my experience.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #4,225 of 9,288
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #4,226 of 9,288
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #4,227 of 9,288
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #4,228 of 9,288
Bad luck ?
Perhaps, battery life is something that is different for every person depending on their use case. I can achieve up to 25 hours on my ZX300, while I know some others who barely get anything over 12.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #4,229 of 9,288
Wait, if Bluetooth supposedly provides 48 hours of playback, why would Sven get only something like 10?
I would ask... what type of Bluetooth? LDAC? AptX? aac etc etc. each will vary a lot Inwould think... Also how bright is the screen set for and how often is it used? Also is Wi-Fi enabled and downloading/streaming? What filters are being used? All to dsd on? Lots of little variables to consider. And I’m sure I’m missing out on a few other things that may affect battery life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back