[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 17, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #4,188 of 9,288
90% dont care so expect that response.

Exactly right, we are the minority by a long shot. Most people are absolutely satisfied with a pair or beats, skull candy and a phone. Walkmans, Discmans, minidisk, and daps are all overtaken by smart phones now.

I think us 'older' folks spent way more on audio when we were younger, amps, receivers, huge speakers and expensive discman. All my friends and me had sweet audio systems when I was young- McIntosh, marantz, pioneer, technics, infinity, Nad, crown, Naim, Nakamichi, on and on.

I bought an anniversary discman for a load of cash and my parents thought I was nuts. And then minidisk and mp3 players came and then I was really hooked.

I'm sure it was similar for some of you guys also. Audio now- you can get a Bose soundbar and some satellite speakers and be done with it. Oh and of course we cranked the hell out of our systems :)

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #4,189 of 9,288
I get why do I use daps rather than stream off my phone all the time. I'm 41 and I couldn't care less what everyone thinks. They buy expensive camera, shoes.....
We are all different.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #4,190 of 9,288
My Wife has 20+ hand bags, A DAP and 3 headphones and she thinks I'm crazy lol

Juj

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #4,193 of 9,288
"wHy doNT YOu Just sTReAM MUsIC oN yOuR PhONE INsteAD oF USiNg THAt oLd 10 DOlLAr pIeCe oF gaRBaGe???"

What do they say when you tell them it's actually a $700 device? lol

Although I'm on the young side too, my reclusive nature means I don't have to deal with that dumb nonsense. You either get it or you don't. From my experience, most people in my generation and Gen Z look at music as more of a commodity than anything else, honestly. It's just background dressing to whatever it is they're doing.

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #4,195 of 9,288
I have a massive, growing digital music collection, all ripped lossless or downloaded as such, for which myself or friends have paid for. And libraries, too. Except bootleg Grateful Dead via file sharing. I am rather a curator of music I adore. Also an archivist. This makes it intimately personal to me, as opposed at streaming at will or randomly. The processes of seeking, sampling, collecting, filing, paying and caring for it increases my appreciation and enjoyment. And listening!

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #4,197 of 9,288
Screenshot_20190717-202025.png

:jecklinsmile::jecklinsmile:

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #4,199 of 9,288
What do they say when you tell them it's actually a $700 device? lol

Although I'm on the young side too, my reclusive nature means I don't have to deal with that dumb nonsense. You either get it or you don't. From my experience, most people in my generation and Gen Z look at music as more of a commodity than anything else, honestly. It's just background dressing to whatever it is they're doing.
Whenever I tell them they go even crazier and think I'm stupid for buying such a thing. Unfortunately the Gen Z people I'm surrounded by (with the exception of just one person) don't quite understand the hobby of Hi-fi so whenever possible I try not to draw any attention with my ZX300. I wish I could be reclusive as well but with school that's not possible lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back