[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 1, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #3,616 of 9,288
I like the UI, it supports the M11 directly, and it handles scanning the library differently )on the fly vs initiated). I use both when I add lots of music and FiiO is busy scanning, or when I’m in a UI-must-be-nicer mood.
Sound wise they are similar. Poweramp may be a touch more neutral but hard to remember right now.

Does the latest poweramp support bookmarks ok?

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #3,617 of 9,288
What’s everyone listening to with their M11’s, both IEM and over ear?

I have HD 6xx’s and Moondrop Kanas Pro right now. It drives both plenty well. The HD 6xx’s are usually with my desktop setup and the M11 doesn’t do as good as that, but I’m not as concerned with it perfectly driving those. However, I’m already feeling like the Kanas Pro are outmatched by the M11, so starting to look around to see where to go.

What’s everyone listening to with their M11 on the IEM front. My last higher end IEM’s were CA Vegas, but they were just a bit too one dimensional. I love the Kanas Pro and looking for something with the same basic signature (Harmon curve-ish with a bit of excitement and slight sub-base boost), just better.

Empire Ears Legend X are what I actually want, but I just can’t justify that much right now and would have a lot of explaining to do if I dropped $2k on IEMs right now. Looking more in the 300-800 range (new or used) that will pair well with the M11. FH7’s seem like an obvious choice from reviews but I haven’t heard them. What else is everyone using in the general signature range of Kanas Pro/FH7/EE Legend X?

Fearless Audio S8F sound beautiful :)

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #3,618 of 9,288
So now the wait begins.... Have the M11 and a pair of FH7s arriving Wed. I have not had any problems with my X5 2nd gen which this will be replacing so I hope I have the same experience with the M11.
Cant wait!!!!

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #3,620 of 9,288
Does the latest poweramp support bookmarks ok?

I'm not a Poweramp expert, but I just bought and downloaded it from their website and turned on the Store/Restore per Track Progress, then set the minimum track length to 2 minutes. If you pause a track, then kill the app, when you reopen the app, it takes you to where you were. If you just kill the app while music is playing, this doesn't seem to work.

If you're referring to something else, let me know and I can try it.

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #3,621 of 9,288
I am also someone who likes flip cases, please consider it FiiO!

sorry, it is too difficult to us to make so many different accessories for our products.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 2, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #3,622 of 9,288
I'm not a Poweramp expert, but I just bought and downloaded it from their website and turned on the Store/Restore per Track Progress, then set the minimum track length to 2 minutes. If you pause a track, then kill the app, when you reopen the app, it takes you to where you were. If you just kill the app while music is playing, this doesn't seem to work.

If you're referring to something else, let me know and I can try it.
Thanks for trying. It's mainly for audiobooks. Basically if you leave a track, go to another track listen to that and then go back to the previous track (say it's swopping between music and audiobooks) does it remember?

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #3,623 of 9,288
Is there a way to use the M11 with an external amp without losing the 3.5mm headphone socket ? I ask because i have the X5iii connected to an A5 using Line/coax out on the X5iii thereby still leaving the headphone socket available for when I don't want/need the amp. When I look at the connections on the M11 (I am still waiting for mine to arrive) the 3.5mm headphone out seems to have been replaced by a 4.4mm balanced out.

I do not use a wired connection a lot as I have wireless earbuds and headphones. However I do have a set of wired IEM's - these are a somewhat vintage pair of Shure E500pth and although old have a wonderful sound. Although much better (to my ears) than my wireless Sennheiser Momentum TW earbuds I have to treat them with care as many long haul flights and alcohol have taken the toll on their wires and I don't want them to break. However, could I get an adapter cable to be able to use them with the balanced out sockets on the M11 and if so, would they be compatible with a balanced connection ? Also, would it then be OK to connect the A5 to the 3.5mm headphone out on the M11?

The red case looks really bright......
It is quite loud and I would have never seen myself with a red case but nevertheless I got one and now really like it as it stands out amongst all the black cases on other assorted gadgetry

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #3,624 of 9,288
Thanks for trying. It's mainly for audiobooks. Basically if you leave a track, go to another track listen to that and then go back to the previous track (say it's swopping between music and audiobooks) does it remember?

I just checked this and it works perfects. Started playing Track A, then browsed to Track B without pausing Track A. Started playing Track B, then went back to Track A without pausing Track B. Track A started playing from where it was when I switched to Track B. Added a Track C and D, then just jumped around a bit and it worked fine each time.

Jul 2, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #3,625 of 9,288
for those of you who were using the dk1 docking station, and are looking for replacement ideas, at least temporary. I customized a 3d printed phone stand to fit. It holds the m11 securely and allows access to the bottom of the player. its a little rough and i am still working on it but i am pleased how sturdy and functional it is. So if you can get at a printer and you have an interest https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3725259

20190702_053945[2].jpg

20190702_051314[1].jpg

20190702_051330[2].jpg

20190702_063942.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #3,626 of 9,288
I just checked this and it works perfects. Started playing Track A, then browsed to Track B without pausing Track A. Started playing Track B, then went back to Track A without pausing Track B. Track A started playing from where it was when I switched to Track B. Added a Track C and D, then just jumped around a bit and it worked fine each time.

Great. Thanks for trying. Seems such a simple thing for most app developers to do but they miss it everytime. You've no idea how many "high" end players I've dismissed because of this.

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #3,629 of 9,288
I hope @FiiO is working on updates of the Fiio Music.

The app does not support cue files and as a result FLACs play as one file and also the DLNA incorporation is poor. It can only see twonky servers in the network so I'm unable to browse my NAS via the smb protocol.

Weird. Cue files work without problem on my M11 (FiiO music)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back