[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 29, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #3,586 of 9,288
Thanks! Good to hear I was able to give a description that others agree with. It is always challenging to describe what I hear in such a way that others can understand and agree with when they demo for themselves.
Based on our forum discussions, it sounds like we have a similar sound preference, as well as some of the same IEMs.

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #3,587 of 9,288
Anyone know how to get album art on my music CD rips. I am using Windows 11 media player. Don't know why but I can't add it. It shows up in windows but when I move it to the m11 it is not there. Is there a way to fix it from the fiio player in the app?

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #3,589 of 9,288
Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #3,590 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO Is the next firmware update going to fix the issue with having bit perfect from the usb?

The USB output has not SRC issues , and I have not idea what is the bit perfect your are refer to ? any detail description?

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 29, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #3,592 of 9,288
I can’t find the M11 listing on Amazon again. Good golly.

Yea, I noticed that the other day too. I remember seeing on one of FiiO's social media pages that their sellers were OOS and should get more in July. I think they're still producing everything in relatively small batches.

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #3,594 of 9,288
I went to the park and I played some Basketball. I didnt order anything.

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #3,595 of 9,288
Thanks xkoo, abitdeef & ojisean - you have made my morning and I can't wait until the M11 arrives in a few days time :)

I have not had my X5iii very long and have hardly used it yet. I had a real problem trying to decide whether to get it or the M11 which had only just been released. I chose the X5 as it had Google Play Services and it seemed to have an active group of people tweaking it and playing with custom ROMs etc. Very soon after it arrived I realised I had made a mistake as it was just so slow compared to the other devices I use on a day to day basis. I would have been happy with it 3 or 4 years ago but now, even my budget Lenovo tablet seems like greased lightning in comparison. Also things like no 5GHz wifi meaning it could not take full advantage of our new mesh system have made me realise that I will never be fully satisfied with it. An expensive mistake as I have gone from zero Hi-Res players to owning two in the space of just a few weeks !

I should say I have no complaints about the sound of the X5iii. I have pair of vintage Shure E500 IEM's and they sound absolutely amazing with it and is hard to imagine that anything could be better so I can't wait to try them with the M11.

One other question if I may - I have an A5 amp which I got to use with the X5 - is it a suitable companion for the M11?

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #3,596 of 9,288
Hope Fiio also alow use of google services in future any possible way, either OEM unlock,root or mod.
This has probably been said before in this thread but from what I understand, Google will not allow the use of Play Services in any version of Android lower than 8 and I think I have read this will be soon changed to 9.

Jun 30, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #3,597 of 9,288
Based on our forum discussions, it sounds like we have a similar sound preference, as well as some of the same IEMs.
Always helpful to know a few people who have similar preferences. I have a few friends around here who do and I ended up blind-buying the Phantom while they were still in a prototype stage, based purely on feedback from one of my friends. Never regretted that decision. :D

Jun 30, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #3,599 of 9,288
... any chance to create / get a flip cover for the M11. All the "leather cases" are not good in protecting the M11 front...
I am also someone who likes flip cases, please consider it FiiO!

Jun 30, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #3,600 of 9,288
... at the moment, I'm using a camera hard box cause, we have thousand of HiRes player but not a simple belt case... it's a shame.....
in addition, the leather cases are too unflexible, I mean, the buttons are not really working while using a leather case (tried it @old models but I always came back to the silicone case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back