[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 2, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #3,646 of 9,288
Lol np mate :) I only know about it from having the x5iii which had the same 'drawer' system. I hold no earthly idea how to get them out myself lol. Ok tray system is the proper term ha ha, I still like the old spring loaded ones myself- although they can shoot the card across the room if your not careful.
Yes, thats exactly what the X5 2nd Gen has. I have only read limited things on this M11 and I gotta say this tray system feels like a step backwards. I have 4 400gb cards and a bunch of 200gb cards that I rotate thru quite frequently and will now have to carry the little metal clip when I want to change cards which we all know we be lost on a train or on a sidewalk somewhere in NYC.:dt880smile: Its a great player so far but swapping cards is going to get old fast..!! LOL

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #3,647 of 9,288
Yes, thats exactly what the X5 2nd Gen has. I have only read limited things on this M11 and I gotta say this tray system feels like a step backwards. I have 4 400gb cards and a bunch of 200gb cards that I rotate thru quite frequently and will now have to carry the little metal clip when I want to change cards which we all know we be lost on a train or on a sidewalk somewhere in NYC.:dt880smile: Its a great player so far but swapping cards is going to get old fast..!! LOL

I just keep one of those clips, in my wallet. Not really a big deal.

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #3,648 of 9,288
I have 4 400gb cards and a bunch of 200gb cards that I rotate thru quite frequently

You should embrace streaming!

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #3,649 of 9,288
You should embrace streaming!

I still stream but I use this player as reference with my clients in a recording studio. Nowadays A LOT of mixes we do are specifically done for small and cheap headphones. Back in the day when we used to mix the final test was to run out to the car and make sure it sounded good there. LOL Now we substitute car speakers for phones.

Jul 2, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #3,651 of 9,288
Im pretty discouraged by the equalizer in Fiio music and would like to try the Hiby Music app. Is it possible to download it and how would I do this without the Google play store?

Install apkpure from the fiio apps section and use that to download hiby music, and it has a nice dsp suite plus eq.

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #3,653 of 9,288
I hope @FiiO is working on updates of the Fiio Music.

The app does not support cue files and as a result FLACs play as one file and also the DLNA incorporation is poor. It can only see twonky servers in the network so I'm unable to browse my NAS via the smb protocol.

I just downloaded FiiO music to my Galaxy Note 8 and recognizes cue files normally.
Is there anything I should check within my M11? Any chance that I got a faulty unit?

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #3,654 of 9,288
Is the M11 a good option to serve as TRANSPORT + DAC for my hi-fi system?

I guess I'd go: M11 -> RCA in's on my stereo's amp?

Wondering if this would sound better than going laptop -> Scjiit Modi 3 -> RCA in's on my stereo's amp?

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #3,656 of 9,288
Reset your device? Ensure the cue files were not corrupted by the transfer? Works fine on mine.
I reset my device to factory settings and now plays cue sheets as normal. I should have probably tried it myself first thing but what made me to ditch the idea was the fact that my unit was like this from the first moment.
Thank you.

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #3,657 of 9,288
I use both Fiio and Hiby players in my M11 and I would love to see Fiio add the capturing of Album art from Wifi on a firmware update that the Hiby App does flawlessly.I now have all my album art when I use Hiby player but Fiio has lots of left out art. Would be great if fiio were able to use the art that Hiby captured but don't think that's possible. Album art looks so damn good on the M11 that I don't want to miss any of it on my 5000 songs I have loaded. Both players sound great with their own sound signature so I keep going back and forth.

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #3,658 of 9,288
Yay - it's here. Amazon are usually flawless but with this order (placed a week ago in the UK) I was getting messages to the seller bounced and other weirdness I had never seen before. Given they are in short supply here and I am away on holiday tomorrow, I convinced myself the seller had oversold them :wink:

Anyway, does anyone know of a 'getting started' type resource with must have apps and recommended settings etc ?

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #3,660 of 9,288
I use both Fiio and Hiby players in my M11 and I would love to see Fiio add the capturing of Album art from Wifi on a firmware update that the Hiby App does flawlessly.I now have all my album art when I use Hiby player but Fiio has lots of left out art. Would be great if fiio were able to use the art that Hiby captured but don't think that's possible. Album art looks so damn good on the M11 that I don't want to miss any of it on my 5000 songs I have loaded. Both players sound great with their own sound signature so I keep going back and forth.
+1

Hiby music sometimes can also find the lyrics of the song playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back