[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 4, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #3,661 of 9,288
I still stream but I use this player as reference with my clients in a recording studio. Nowadays A LOT of mixes we do are specifically done for small and cheap headphones. Back in the day when we used to mix the final test was to run out to the car and make sure it sounded good there. LOL Now we substitute car speakers for phones.
I am glad that is the trend of using headphones and/or iem for final test. Too many tracks are made for speakers and makes me wanna invest in a SPL Phontior.

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #3,663 of 9,288
Remember that Hiby is a software company first and Fiio is a hardware company.

Maybe a collaboration on a future product?

Don't have any major complaints about FiiO to be honest while I had for Hiby but that's another story.....

With regards to FiiO, I had the original X1, X5iii and now M11 and have been very happy with quality and support in terms of frequent and long-term software updates. So more like feature requests are those than anything else.

FiiO is the.... XIaomi of personal Audio to my eyes and ears in terms of pure value for money and performance.

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #3,664 of 9,288
eek 192kbps, yeah I know - what a bogan :robot:, actually it sounds the best I've heard it.

20190704_173829.jpg

Bogan: Australian term donating person of high taste and culture :relaxed:

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #3,666 of 9,288
Remember that Hiby is a software company first and Fiio is a hardware company.

Maybe a collaboration on a future product?

Hiby used to do fiio's software, then they broke away from them to do their own. So I doubt any collaboration will ever happen.

And after using my new colofly U8 for a few days I will NEVER complain about fiio's software and player :wink: And actually the android implementation and mango music player of the dx220 were also pretty bad, although updates helped.

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #3,667 of 9,288
This is how I personally rate software for daps, top 5.
1 Sony- always solid and a good eq and dsp settings. The UI is the gold standard of ease of use imo.

2 AK- solid and good functionality. EQ is useless but the UI like Sony is well thought out and easy to use.

3 Hiby- solid and has a great dsp suite.

4. Fiio- pretty solid, could use some dsp effects but overall pretty good.

5. Shanling- another company that broke away from hiby, their firmware is maturing nicely.

What do you guys think? I had a hard time putting AK above hiby but now that their 'base' model has the same firmware as their flagship- well it's a joy to use.

Also of course all can be improved.

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #3,673 of 9,288
Jul 4, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #3,675 of 9,288
Just gotten my M11 and noticed a few things.

1. With the leather case, my 2.5mm balanced port gets blocked a little. I need to slide out the player a little for the 2.5mm jack to sit in fully. Also thinking if i shld just reterminate my 2.5mm to 4.4mm.

2. Any way to change position of back and last view button on player? Prefer back to be on right rather than left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back