[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 5, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #3,692 of 9,288
USB was, originally, only 5V. Newer USB specs allow charging at multiple voltages. If you have a charger and device that supports them, before charging begins the charger and device will communicate and the charging will be at the correct voltage.

Voltage is still 5V everywhere.
Ampere is the variable here, not Volt.

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #3,695 of 9,288
Jul 5, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #3,699 of 9,288
Things have changed quite a lot with the diferent Charging Methods.

The M11 is compatible with QC3 and USB PD which can put out up to 20v if needed. The DAP probably uses an in between setting of 12v.

Charge M11 with my QC, it charges quite fast, I think it could take maybe 18W (12V 1.5A or 9V 2A, just my guessing on how quick it charged)

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #3,700 of 9,288
Wha?! :astonished: If this is the spec for the M11 Pro, what will the rumored M13 have in it? (Rhetorical question...) At this point I’m gonna have to wait to see what’s in all these DAPs. It’s overwhelming. Lol!
The M15 will have dual AK4499 dacs (like the new AK SP2000!). No word yet on the amp section, but it’ll no doubt surpass the M11 and M11Pro. FiiO is cutting the legs off the TOTL daps this year it seems, starting with the M11 :wink: BTW all of the higher end FiiOs will be based on the same Exynos hardware as the M11, so no Google Play etc. in case that’s what you’re waiting for (unless FiiO and Samsung somehow make a deal with Google).

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #3,702 of 9,288
Hold down both Power button and vol+ does take screenshot on M11, works for me.
Nope, just tried it again now. Every combination, vol first then power, power then vol, both together, short press, long press. No notifications and no screenshots. I have developer settings active, not sure if that makes a difference?

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #3,703 of 9,288
Nope, just tried it again now. Every combination, vol first then power, power then vol, both together, short press, long press. No notifications and no screenshots. I have developer settings active, not sure if that makes a difference?

I also have Dev settings active (to turn off annoying slow animation), maybe the firmware? I'm on 1.0.5. Or maybe restart it? Or any software you install interfere with that android function?

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #3,704 of 9,288
It’s happening again. After the player goes to sleep, I try to wake it up with power button and I can see the background light going on, but the screen stays dark. Power and play won’t work. Does anybody have any ideas? I can listen to music, when I press the play button, but nothing on the screen. This happens again, after I charged it, the last time it was the same. I used to cable, which came with the player

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #3,705 of 9,288
I also have Dev settings active (to turn off annoying slow animation), maybe the firmware? I'm on 1.0.5. Or maybe restart it? Or any software you install interfere with that android function?
Could be other software. I have Nova launcher software installed, could be that. In any case the external screenshot app works better for me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back