[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 5, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #3,721 of 9,288
I'm getting really frustrated with the M-Line from Fiio. I had the M9 and thought it was a great player untill the screen started to act funny. I returned it and upgraded to the M11 and now I'm stuck with a player that won't turn the display on. If I can't get this to work I might have to look for another manufacturer. and return the M11. Is there a good alternative to the M11 at the moment? I'm usig Tidal and Hires Flac and DSD-Files and I need some power for my headphones. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I really liked the sound as long as it was working
Have you tried a master reset? I think its holding down the power button for over 15 seconds.

Jul 5, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #3,725 of 9,288
I wanted to thank you, for all the help, but sadly nothing works. I held the button for 20 seconds, nothing changed:disappointed_relieved:

Are you able to see the M11 when its connected to a pc? As you might be able to see what the battery level is, letting the M11 to fully drain to a zero battery and then try recharging it.

Sorry your having issues hope this helps.

power and back on the track works but always puts me back to the start of the file.
Screenshot_20190705-165640[1].png Old tune but still gets me bouncing every time.

Juj

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #3,726 of 9,288
I thought, that charging may help. So your idea is a long time from now, how long does it take for the player to run out of battery in stand by? Also is there a shortcut to activate Bluetooth. I thought maybe I can get in via Fiio-link

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #3,729 of 9,288
Jul 5, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #3,730 of 9,288
For some reason I was listening to my music on m11 using Fiio player when the volume jumped up so loud I lowered it but even at minimum volume it was still blaring.Perhaps I hit something by accident but I cant figure it out.So loud its unlistenable..Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I reset it to factory settings and how do I do this. Thanks

Jul 5, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #3,731 of 9,288
You might have set it to line out go to settings audio and then then switch back to headphone

Hope this helps

Juj

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #3,733 of 9,288
I’m confused about charging now.
It’s usb type C which requires a charger with certain minimum power tolerances, ie DC 5V/2A recommended. Otherwise there’s potential fire hazard, no? I researched it some when first owned M9. I’d like some clarification on this. I’m sympathetic to slower charging if this preserves battery life. I mean can I simply use the charger that comes standard with iPhones, although it seem to get pretty hot.
Thanks

I'm sorry, I forgot to consider your location. US, Europe, Asia (my location) may have different power standards. I don't have the M9. Is it type C? If yes, are you able to charge it safely with your current charger? If yes then it's probably safe to use with the M11 too. BUT if it's getting "hot", might as well stop using it and consult with an electronic/hardware store on what's best to use. It's ok to get "warm" but "hot" is not a good sign. :)

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #3,734 of 9,288
Thanks xkoo, abitdeef & ojisean - you have made my morning and I can't wait until the M11 arrives in a few days time :)

I have not had my X5iii very long and have hardly used it yet. I had a real problem trying to decide whether to get it or the M11 which had only just been released. I chose the X5 as it had Google Play Services and it seemed to have an active group of people tweaking it and playing with custom ROMs etc. Very soon after it arrived I realised I had made a mistake as it was just so slow compared to the other devices I use on a day to day basis. I would have been happy with it 3 or 4 years ago but now, even my budget Lenovo tablet seems like greased lightning in comparison. Also things like no 5GHz wifi meaning it could not take full advantage of our new mesh system have made me realise that I will never be fully satisfied with it. An expensive mistake as I have gone from zero Hi-Res players to owning two in the space of just a few weeks !

I should say I have no complaints about the sound of the X5iii. I have pair of vintage Shure E500 IEM's and they sound absolutely amazing with it and is hard to imagine that anything could be better so I can't wait to try them with the M11.

One other question if I may - I have an A5 amp which I got to use with the X5 - is it a suitable companion for the M11?

I Imagine the A5 to be a perfect companion for any DAP. But do you really need it? If you're only driving IEMs, the M11 will be more than enough to drive them cleanly (no noise). Plus the M11+A5 stack will weigh like a brick. I tried stacking mine with my trusty E12 Mont Blanc and it is quite heavy. I mostly have full sized headphones though. Hope this helps. :)

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #3,735 of 9,288
Why is the bluetooth connection so quiet? If I connect to headphones, I can turn the volume up on the player and it remains quiet. The only way to get any volume is by turning it up on whatever bluetooth device you are connecting to, and at least thus far, I have to adjust it every time I connect, which is awkward.

Plus, the volume difference in songs can be really distracting sometimes, as newer songs will be ultra loud, and older ones too quiet. Does the M11 have the feature that some audiplayers like JMedia, where it will analyze all of your songs and normalize the volume without actually changing the audio files themselves?

I only use it for a bluetooth speaker (Oontz Angle 3) as I don't have bluetooth headphones. I just max out the volume on the speaker and control the volume on the M11. Works like a charm.

Are you using the Fiio Music app? If yes then just switch on REPLAY GAIN. That should address your problem and differences in volume will be subtle to not noticeable. Hope this helps. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back