[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 5, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #3,736 of 9,288
Is there a way to use the M11 with an external amp without losing the 3.5mm headphone socket ? I ask because i have the X5iii connected to an A5 using Line/coax out on the X5iii thereby still leaving the headphone socket available for when I don't want/need the amp. When I look at the connections on the M11 (I am still waiting for mine to arrive) the 3.5mm headphone out seems to have been replaced by a 4.4mm balanced out.

I do not use a wired connection a lot as I have wireless earbuds and headphones. However I do have a set of wired IEM's - these are a somewhat vintage pair of Shure E500pth and although old have a wonderful sound. Although much better (to my ears) than my wireless Sennheiser Momentum TW earbuds I have to treat them with care as many long haul flights and alcohol have taken the toll on their wires and I don't want them to break. However, could I get an adapter cable to be able to use them with the balanced out sockets on the M11 and if so, would they be compatible with a balanced connection ? Also, would it then be OK to connect the A5 to the 3.5mm headphone out on the M11?

It is quite loud and I would have never seen myself with a red case but nevertheless I got one and now really like it as it stands out amongst all the black cases on other assorted gadgetry

The M11 has a 3.5mm port that also acts as the lineout port. Just switch it on the settings (LO) after connecting to an amp (A5) and you're good to go. You can even try regular headphone out (HO) directly to the amp and still sounds amazing (though this is essentially double-amping). In addition, you can set the setting to "adjustable volume at lineout". Then you can adjust the volume even at lineout (LO). Hope this helps. :)

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #3,737 of 9,288
I just downloaded FiiO music to my Galaxy Note 8 and recognizes cue files normally.
Is there anything I should check within my M11? Any chance that I got a faulty unit?

What firmware version are you at? Try upgrading to 1.0.5, the latest one. Or try the following:

1. Clear cache for the Fiio Music app.
2. Clear data for the Fiio Music app.
3. Re-scan all songs again. It should be able read cue files properly. Mine's working fine.

Hope this helps. :)

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #3,738 of 9,288
Just got M11 and purchased 500 dollars in Hi . res and Flac Albums and cannot play in Player...They also don't show in Library, and wont play from file search, What can be the Problem?....

Silly question but have you scanned the songs already from the Fiio Music app? Takes a while to scan them all and added to the app. Just wait for "Scan completed" then tap "Confirm". :)

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #3,739 of 9,288
For others experiencing "black screens", please try the following first:

1. Reboot (a.k.a restart) your unit first. Usually does the trick.
2. Turn it off, remove the SD card then turn it back on. Reading the SD card slots is part of the boot up sequence. If it's having a hard time reading an SD card, it can't get through the boot process correctly, thus the black screen. If it turns out ok after removing SD cards then try reformatting the cards in the M11 (inconvenient but worth a try). SD card could be the problem.
3. Turn off screensavers and power-off timers (these could be causing the bugs) then reboot (restart) again.
4. Have you installed a recent app then observed this problem? If yes, then go to that app's settings, clear cache, clear data, and uninstall. Also delete any residual folders that app has. Reboot again.
5. Update to the latest firmware (1.0.5).
6. IF ALL FAILS, then maybe do a factory reset. If that fails, most likely a hardware problem. Avail of warranty or return policy.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #3,740 of 9,288
I have a question about side loading of APK's.

I have bought so many players on Android, Player Pro, UAPP, Poweramp, etc etc. Of course, the Playstore registers my past purchases and so I can reinstall on subsequent devices with my Google login. Question is how can install previously purchased apps on the M11? Do I simply download latest version from APK repositories and install via file manager and not worry about the playstore recognising me as a prior purchaser at all?

Specifically am thinking of UAPP which I'd like to have on the M11 and possible Poweramp, assuming M11 supports casting?

Jul 6, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #3,741 of 9,288
I had the black screen the whole day and in the evening it simply worked again. No solution, reboot etc. helped. I even had the SD card in my player as it started to work again. Now I turned screensaver an sleep of, did a firmwareupgrade(it already was on 1.0.5) a full reset and changed the language to English. Hopefully this works. Thank you all for your ideas and help. Without you I might have given up an send it back. For now it works and it sounds good too:gs1000smile:

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #3,742 of 9,288
I have a question about side loading of APK's.

I have bought so many players on Android, Player Pro, UAPP, Poweramp, etc etc. Of course, the Playstore registers my past purchases and so I can reinstall on subsequent devices with my Google login. Question is how can install previously purchased apps on the M11? Do I simply download latest version from APK repositories and install via file manager and not worry about the playstore recognising me as a prior purchaser at all?

Specifically am thinking of UAPP which I'd like to have on the M11 and possible Poweramp, assuming M11 supports casting?
Unfortunately not. The M11 doesn't support Google Play so anything you bought with Google Play won't be recognised on the M11, especially UAPP which you can't run at all on the M11 because it needs Google Play to activate. You'll need to start from scratch I'm afraid, although PowerAmp will work well (and supports high-res playback on the M11), and at $3.99 won't exactly break the bank.

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #3,744 of 9,288
Unfortunately not. The M11 doesn't support Google Play so anything you bought with Google Play won't be recognised on the M11, especially UAPP which you can't run at all on the M11 because it needs Google Play to activate. You'll need to start from scratch I'm afraid, although PowerAmp will work well (and supports high-res playback on the M11), and at $3.99 won't exactly break the bank.

Ok no worries. I can live with the "good" version of the Fiio music app. It's ok.

I was thinking more of smth good for casting.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #3,746 of 9,288
Aaaaaand the screen is black again. I enjoyed two hours(it really sounds great), I shut it down and now it's black again.(All powersettings disabled: Sleep, Deep Sleep, Screen saver etc.), tried booting it without Sd-Card as well. I think, I have to send it back and get a replacement. But the sound got me hooked. I'll try to get a replacement and hopefully it works.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #3,747 of 9,288
Aaaaaand the screen is black again. I enjoyed two hours(it really sounds great), I shut it down and now it's black again.(All powersettings disabled: Sleep, Deep Sleep, Screen saver etc.), tried booting it without Sd-Card as well. I think, I have to send it back and get a replacement. But the sound got me hooked. I'll try to get a replacement and hopefully it works.
Yeah looks you are better off asking for a replacement. So many headaches already and for a new device, you shouldn’t have to through all that hassle.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #3,748 of 9,288

Nightmare bro fingers crossed this is that this a fast fix and its all over soon and you can get back to head banging :)

Juj

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #3,749 of 9,288
Sorry to hear. Yeah just send it back and get a replacement. Hopefully Fiio research your dap and find what is causing the problem and implement a solution to prevent this in future products/productions.

Was thinking it could possibly be a faulty ribbon cable to the screen or connection.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #3,750 of 9,288
I am sitting hear in awe ... Listening to my M11 with bgvp DM7's using a balanced 2.5mm FIIO cable ... I prefer having a right angle connector so things fit better in my pocket.

I purchased the M11 because I wanted an additional device which has coaxial digital output and Bluetooth.

I also have two QP1R's and two Opus #1S's .. they are very good as well ... I prefer devices with 2 card slots due to the size of my music library.

I am very content and can't see why I need anything more.

Thank you FIIO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back