[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 21, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #3,332 of 9,288
@morndewey Ive driven my iSine 20 and today listened to my Hifiman HE4xx headphones with the M11. I think it has the power aplenty but I’d need to check the impedance and so forth of the P1. I can’t imagine it’s more than the two sets I’ve mentioned.

They had a typo of 200 ohms but it was 20 ohms it was just typed 200hms, so I think that's part of the confusion. They're 20 ohms so they should be easy to drive.

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #3,333 of 9,288
Right with Neutron installed and its Audio Hardware setup correctly I am upsampling everything to 384khz dither enabled, outputting everthing at 32bit and using 64bit for dsp. I have an LPGT as my reference DAP, ( I EQ everything so Fiio app was disabled within minutes) i've transferred my LPGT peq settings like for like to a 5 band peq on the Neutron M11 and its not too far behind at all. I sold my dx220 (which sounded better than my previous dx150/dx200) as it was just too slow, so using neutron with highest quality audio zapped cpu and battery and wasn't a fun experience. Ok so same Neutron settings on Hiby R6Pro, very close with hiby having a little more power. I think a little more accurate detail from m11. R6pro crackles for the first few secs on neutron upsampled to 384khz but fine at 192khz. Speed of the devices pretty much identical. Better than plenue L for me (its eq is limited. freq only goes to 62hz, i use 33hz also and you are stuck with a couple of preset bands and Q width. It would be a killer dap if the eq was more configurable. Colorfly U8 is a different analogue sounding beast, awesome peq/eq. Cant really compare as its so different (in a good way) Cayin N6ii, not sure yet, i sent it straight back due to a crap light bleeding screen. replacement due in a few weeks. will be doing the Neutron test with same settings. WM1A/Z lowish power and can't get the eq to my liking. Shanling M5s - the EQ was done by fisherprice. Modded Xuelin ihifi990 - on par with fiio m11 neutronned.

That colorfly u8 little screen on top reminds me of cool stuff Sony used to do. I'd love to hear that little beast.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #3,334 of 9,288
Profile says you're from Texas... waiting for your BBQ... you're such a stereotype! :wink:

BTW, I sure hope you have enough BBQ for all of us... :angry:

Haha yeah :) But not big enough in Texas, certainly not big enough to feed y'all until something like this!
https://cdn0.wideopencountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/bbq-smoker-793x526.jpg

My listening session tonight
img0140.jpg

Happy Friday, happy listening!

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #3,335 of 9,288
Hello,

I'm on firmware 1.0.5 and it has only happened three times with the 4.4mm output. I haven't encountered the issue on the 3.5mm port but I'm using the 4.4mm port most of the time.

The file that was playing was a flac file that would play normally in its entirety on the FiiO Music app on the M11 and on Foobar2000 on my PC. So I know the file can play back fine on the FiiO M11 but once in a while, sound will cut out before the song is finished.

I don't think it's a hardware issue since I can resume playback on another app like Spotify and sound will return. @audiophilefan reported the same issue and we both think it's related to the FiiO Music app and can be corrected through firmware updates. Thanks again!

@FiiO @audiophilefan Just had this same issue regarding the audio cut out while a song was playing again but this time it was on Spotify.

I was using the 4.4mm port as usual. I noticed @audiophilefan 's review mentioning him using the 3.5mm port exclusively so this is likely a firmware issue and not hardware related. I'm testing the 3.5mm port now myself in line out mode. Doesn't happen often but wanted to bring it to your attention.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #3,337 of 9,288
@FiiO @audiophilefan Just had this same issue regarding the audio cut out while a song was playing again but this time it was on Spotify.

I was using the 4.4mm port as usual. I noticed @audiophilefan 's review mentioning him using the 3.5mm port exclusively so this is likely a firmware issue and not hardware related. I'm testing the 3.5mm port now myself in line out mode. Doesn't happen often but wanted to bring it to your attention.

Yup. Most likely firmware. I don't remember having the issue when I was using the Hiby app but I already uninstalled it. Just using the Fiio app now. Sorry I don't use streaming services. Can't confirm regarding that.

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #3,338 of 9,288
Yup. Most likely firmware. I don't remember having the issue when I was using the Hiby app but I already uninstalled it. Just using the Fiio app now. Sorry I don't use streaming services. Can't confirm regarding that.

I think we are still on firmware 1.1.1 in the FiiO app and build number 1.0.5.

The APKPure app shows that the FiiO app is at 1.1.2 but I can not update to it as I only have the option to open the app and I am unwilling to uninstall and reinstall trying getting the newer version.

Has anyone been able to update the app, if so have they seen any improvements?

Juj

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #3,340 of 9,288
They had a typo of 200 ohms but it was 20 ohms it was just typed 200hms, so I think that's part of the confusion. They're 20 ohms so they should be easy to drive.

Thank you both for the replies.
Yes I understood it to be 20, not 200 ohms. However I saw another measurement presented which I’m not sure how to interpret in relation to properly driving p1:

• Sensitivity: 95 dB +/- 3dB
Is this relevant to amping considerations?

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #3,342 of 9,288
Thank you both for the replies.
Yes I understood it to be 20, not 200 ohms. However I saw another measurement presented which I’m not sure how to interpret in relation to properly driving p1:

• Sensitivity: 95 dB +/- 3dB
Is this relevant to amping considerations?

Yes it's not the most sensitive iem, but that's good in a way. M11 will dive them fine. More sensitive iems take less volume, but can hiss.

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #3,344 of 9,288
Anyone tried the FH7 with M11? I just got the FH7 recently and may go and test/get the M11. Really liking my XDP300R currently though, so tough call...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back