1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Next

Last
  1. oldmate
    :princess:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. stanleyshmanley
    @FiiO @audiophilefan Same audio cut out issue just happened when I was using the 3.5mm port in line out mode. Turns out pausing the music and resuming brings sound back. I think at this point, we have enough information to confirm it's firmware related and affects both local files within the FiiO music app and Spotify at least.

audiophilefan likes this.
  3. abirdie4me
    Does anyone find the M11 vocals to be a bit recessed?

4. twister6 Contributor
    Does M11 has a balanced 4.4mm Line Out? And if so, does it has a variable gain adjustment?

5. EvilJesus
    I'm desperately looking for an M11 to replace my Pioneer xdp100r. My question is should I be?

6. audiophilefan
    Thanks for the valuable info! Now at least we're leaning more towards it being a firmware issue, particularly the Fiio Music app (if not within the operating system, ie Android). @FiiO more and more users are confirming the same observation. Kindly take heed.

7. audiophilefan
    I presume that the Fiio Music app in the M11 is specifically designed for the M11. It is similar to the Google Play app that everyone can constantly update in looks and features but thinking that it's built to be compatible with a stripped down version of Android 7 made me come up with this assumption. It is "tied" to the firmware and will only be updated "together with" the firmware. Unfortunately (or not), the Google Play version is more "updated" in a sense that it is now optimized for Android 9. That's two Android versions up BUT that app may not be optimized to run in the M11's Android 7. An educated guess but still a guess nonetheless.

8. audiophilefan
    Nope. But also depends on where you're coming from. DAPs and phones with Wolfson DACs sound warmer (e.g. Lenovo K4 Note with Wolfson 8281). Texas Instruments sound cleaner (e.g. Fiio X1 1st gen, E12 Mont Blanc, A3 Kilimanjaro). No experience with ESS Sabre but they say it sounds richer. AKM sounds the most neutral/flat among them to my ears. To your experience, it may give you that impression BUT it may also mean that you're getting a less colored sound. Not that differences are huge but enough to be heard at first listen.

Try switching to HIGH Gain (if you're not in high gain already). Your earphones/headphones may need more drive, thus the recession. But as I said on my review, 99% of what you're hearing are your headphones. DAPs' FR are essentially flat (warmth or coldness just depends on the DAC used). Hope this helps, if at all. :)

abirdie4me likes this.
  9. gLer
    No, but the dap has far less impact on FR than the IEMs/headphones you're using. M11 is neutral and resolving, very transparent.

10. Jujoe
    Thanks for an Idea of whats going on, I am in no rush for an firmware update but hope that when its comes we'll all see the benefits:)

Juj

11. Renpetra
    The issue when i’am playing wav files and the next soung is up a little noise is heared between the songs.
    This issue is for me only with wav files not with hires files or flac files.

And i want to say the combination fh7 with m11 is an good match in sound and feel.

12. aseem123
    @FiiO When will the M11 be releasing in India? Thank you.

13. nekromantik
    would this be a worthy upgrade over x5 3rd gen or is hiiby r6 better?

14. Asdf6
    For the balanced 4.4 should I get cables with the 4.4 connector or get a 4.4 to 2.5 adapter and just have 2.5 balanced cables?
    Since the M11 is kind of large, Not sure what would fit best in the pocket but also be the best overall.

I replaced my XDP-300R with the M11 and I'm happier now. I just enjoy having a similar smooth experience but with modern advantages like 4.4 balanced, USB C w/ quick charge, and a really nice screen that doesn't completely destroy my battery. Nothing wrong with my old DAP, and it would still get the job done, but now I'm just having a better overall experience.

CackalackyKen likes this.
  15. jmills8
    Mmmm, the Hugo 1 and 2 with a phone fits my jean pocket.

First

Back
215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Next

Last