[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 9, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #2,476 of 9,288
Mine now sounds good with the daft punk track after some burn in the bass tightened up. Or if you don't want to wait just use another player like hiby music or the eq. The tuning of the fiio music app is a weightier bass. If you really want a thinner short bass, use hiby msbe.

Honestly even with fiio music the bass on mine is well separated and defined on bass heavy tracks. And I'm using iems and headphones that produce lots of low end.
I’m with you on this. Random Access Memories is one of my favorite albums. I’ve played it countless times on my desktop rig, and the mobile rig doesn’t leave me wanting at all. If anything the bass is more visceral with the M11 and FH5 than with the HD800 for example. I’m also not hearing any ‘soup’ in the bassline of ‘Lose Yourself’. It’s clear and vast and I can hear the separation of rumble and bass just fine. Honestly if you’re looking to put a magnifying glass on your music to that degree on a mobile rig, I just don’t know... (And if you are, the answer lies in different IEMs, not a different dap).

Yes mine sounds fantastic and resolving on the low end. Also the 2 tracks have very simple bass parts, nothing complex so idk. And I had the sr15 for a good while and the m11 is more defined on everything than the sr15 was with my gear.

And it's not that the m11 is warm or bass heavy, it does nice sub bass through. Idk I haven't heard anyone complain about it other than one person so far.

And you can easily change the sound with eq or mseb in hiby music.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #2,477 of 9,288
Found another track that very clear demonstrates the issue. Pharrell Williams - Can I have it like that.

On the M11, it's a bassy soup in the low end. On SR15 or even M11 with external amp all the different low frequency instrument layers more well defined.

I'm sure with lots of music types, this isn't so much of an issue. But if you listen to bass heavy music it gets tiring as it it's difficult to decipher what's going on.
Just had a listen. What exactly are you trying to decipher? Seems to be a well textured rumble that underlies different parts of the track, which is nicely separated and doesn’t bleed into the rest of the track. Adds a steady rumble that’s never overwhelming but adds good weight to the track with the FH5 (which has superb sub bass extension and detail). Not my type of music at all, so I may well be listening to it all wrong :wink:

Jun 9, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #2,478 of 9,288
Also the 2 tracks have very simple bass parts, nothing complex so idk.
Yeah normally when we talk bass detail and texture it’s in reference to strings and drum bass in classical/jazz recordings, although you need a fast and detailed transducer to make the most of electronic bass as well. And I stress ‘transducer’ because the M11 is resolving the bass on just about any track impeccably, depending on the IEM or headphone I use. Not sure how much more detail is possible to extract from a simple bassline like those in the Daft Punk and PW tracks mentioned above, but I suspect what the OP is meaning is separation, which again is more a factor of the transducer’s capabilities (and as you say can easily be tweaked with EQ if it’s not to your liking).

Jun 9, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #2,479 of 9,288
Hello anyone have problems with the qubuz app very unstable on my fiio m11 ofline library does’nt work half the time app stops working tels me to wait
And then shuts down completely.

Jun 9, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #2,480 of 9,288
It's not totally neutral, it's got a touch of warmth and bite. I would say it's neutralish compared to warmer daps. The sr15 and zx300, wm1a sounded in the same vein to me. Very open sounding.

The sound stage is wider and music sounds clearer, cleaner? than other players I've heard. The UI is well laid out and easy to navigate, a joy to use really. Just hope for the price quality is up there with more expensive DAPs.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #2,481 of 9,288
About the bluetooth volume setup, we will suggest you turn the volume in M11 to Max and adjust the volume in your bluetooth headphones or receiver to get the best S/N and min distortion.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 9, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #2,483 of 9,288
DOESNT matter dude, the fact i am USING SBC with my bluetooth device thats SBC
and AT MAX VOLUME AT 120 it SHOULD BE REALLY LOUD,

again ITS SBC AND I AM ABLE TO PLAY IT AT 120 VOLUME AND VOLUME IS LOW.

WHEN I GO 120 VOLUME VIA WIRED MY EARS ARE ABOUT TO EXPLODE
Your described problem is not the normal behaviour. Maybe your M11 is defect (I don't believe that) or your BT devices are worst! Check it as warranty case! If the next M11 has the same "problems" check all your BT devcies....
Don't forget: the BT headphones has the amp and decoder on board NOT the M11!

Jun 9, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #2,485 of 9,288
Just tested mine with bluetooth. using Fiio RC-BT over aptx HD, volume is at 96 and is equivalent to my normal listening volume. I can go up to 120 and not blow my eardrums, but audio quality is still great. I can see where on some older BT hardware this could be too low of volume for some. Doesn't effect me much as I don't really use bluetooth with it and am primarily using coax or 3.5 for now.
Are you using pre-gain or other things like replaygain with a lower file gain for example? Normally, if I use the FiiO app WITHOUT -4 / -5 dB pre-gain (and replaygain OFF), the BT volume control is much, much lower ~60-70 .... don't forget to check all the other settings (pre-gain, replaygain, volume of the BT device as this and so on).
In addition, buy another / better BT device... :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #2,486 of 9,288
Jun 9, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #2,487 of 9,288
Your described problem is not the normal behaviour. Maybe your M11 is defect (I don't believe that) or your BT devices are worst! Check it as warranty case! If the next M11 has the same "problems" check all your BT devcies....
Don't forget: the BT headphones has the amp and decoder on board NOT the M11!

its not my bluetooth devices because i have used these same devices on my iphone.

Jun 9, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #2,488 of 9,288
its not my bluetooth devices because i have used these same devices on my iphone.
Read what @JamesFiiO says above. Turn the M11 to 120 (full volume) and adjust the volume on your BT devices (headphones/car stereo etc.). Basically the way line out works. That works for me. I still don't see why the M11 is designed this way when other BT devices (like the iPhone) have equal wired/BT loudness, but that's just the way it is. Thankfully the M11 remembers the volume setting for wired and wireless separately, so when you plug in your IEMs its not going to blow your head off with max volume.

Jun 9, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #2,489 of 9,288
I think so.

This is from the M11 specs on Fiio site, USB power adapter - QC2.0/3.0 quick charger,PD2.0 charger,DC 12V/1.5A、9V/2A、5V/2A recommended

Hope this helps

Juj
Thanks.
May I ask you about importing playlists?
In the playlist window, tapping on the top right menu: import playlists, confirm: I cannot choose a location. Nonetheless, at the bottom the text appears "Playlists imported successfully". But I see nothing. I copied one playlist file as a test, named SET.M3U, to the internal drive. Clearly that did not work. Do you know what I should do?

Jun 9, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #2,490 of 9,288
Thanks.
May I ask you about importing playlists?
In the playlist window, tapping on the top right menu: import playlists, confirm: I cannot choose a location. Nonetheless, at the bottom the text appears "Playlists imported successfully". But I see nothing. I copied one playlist file as a test, named SET.M3U, to the internal drive. Clearly that did not work. Do you know what I should do?

I havent spent much time lookinig into playlist creation but plan too this afternoon :) Once I have tried with a few apps like MusicBee and Foobar I'll report back.

Found this https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/69497/1133604.html but its for the X5 .

Juj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back