[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 9, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #2,506 of 9,288
Just got my M11. It's enormous! I'm mostly pleased so far. I've figured out how to sync playlists onto it.

Am I restricted to accessing the onboard memory and SD cards via MTP unless I take the cards out?

Is it just me, or does the "jump to a letter" strip on the right side of the FiiO music app not work when browsing by folder?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #2,507 of 9,288
Done some more "hiss" listening tests with my sensitive 8ohm SE846's.

Listening to soft tracks with plenty of near silent pauses in a totally silent room and its as Fiio indicated earlier in the thead.

Connected via balanced there is amp hiss between tracks and still slightly noticeable in track. As Fiio stated, the balanced output is boosted to gain higher power output.

When connected by 3.5mm SE its as good as gone. Good news for me is SE sounds as good as balanced with my SE846's. (or marginal anyway)

If your really annoyed by background hiss with sensitive earphone you may not want to go balanced with certain types of music if your listening in a totally silent room.

Good listening volume for me balanced on low gain with SE846's is only 42. About 8-10 steps higher via 3.5mm.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,508 of 9,288
AND AGAIN! BUY BETTER hardware!

btw: Volume @75 with pre-gain -4 dB AND replaygain 89 dB! You see, the M11 IS loud.... you drive me crazy apple fanboy! LEARN about bluetooth, amps and other things BEFORE you are posting here!
Hey calm down buddy. That attitude has no place around here.

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #2,511 of 9,288

btw: Volume @75 with pre-gain -4 dB AND replaygain 89 dB! You see, the M11 IS loud.... you drive me crazy apple fanboy! LEARN about bluetooth, amps and other things BEFORE you are posting here!
Looks like someone decided to ignore my previous post...Like gLer said you should probably chill out lol

And this is probably going too far but this is coming from someone who considers something like the ZX300 a waste of money just because it doesn't support EQ over Bluetooth (when DAPs like these (including the M11) are meant to be mainly used wired) and calls things such as Hi-Res audio, burn in, and balanced output "BS" and "gimmicks". If I were you I'd do some learning myself before trying to call out others.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #2,512 of 9,288
I have spent 3 hours trying this and to no luck as the M3U file is never found when importing playlist that I have in any folders.

I'll keep trying to get my playlists from my pc.

Juj

I haven't tried M11 yet, but in my experience, external playlists have never imported into Fiio Music's playlist section when you do a collection scan. The only way to get them to play is to manually dump them onto your SD, navigate to them in Folder mode, and select them them by hand (if you select one a list of music in the playlist will appear and you can just click any song to play it. It works with random play all as well, as the player will read the list like it's an album).

Also, if you are having trouble with M3U, try M3U8. I had some instructions on creating playlists a few pages back in this thread, but they were written for the x5iii. I don't know if they will work with the M11.

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #2,513 of 9,288
I haven't tried M11 yet, but in my experience, external playlists have never imported into Fiio Music's playlist section when you do a collection scan. The only way to get them to play is to manually dump them onto your SD, navigate to them in Folder mode, and select them them by hand (if you select one a list of music in the playlist will appear and you can just click any song to play it. It works with random play all as well, as the player will read the list like it's an album).

Also, if you are having trouble with M3U, try M3U8. I had some instructions on creating playlists a few pages back in this thread, but they were written for the x5iii. I don't know if they will work with the M11.

Actual hero bro DSC_0245[1].JPG DSC_0247[1].JPG DSC_0248[1].JPG DSC_0249[1].JPGDSC_0250[1].JPG

Hope these help for others

Juj

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #2,514 of 9,288
Did you sync using a MAC? Could you share how you did this ? Thanks

I did it on Linux, using a Python script I wrote myself. I had to plug the SD card directly into my computer mount it as a normal filesystem instead of MTP--not exactly optimal, but luckily I don't plan on syncing this player too often. The two SD card slots map to the directories "/storage/external_sd#" on the M11's filesystem, so I generated .m3u8 files accordingly. They will end up looking like this:

#EXTM3U
\storage\external_sd1\Path\On\SD\Card\01 Track.flac
\storage\external_sd2\Path\On\Other\Card\1-02 Track2.ogg

Jcar is correct, the playlists created in this way don't show up in the main "Playlists" list (I can't find where these are stored). You have to navigate to them in folder view. (Although once you are there, there does appear to be an option to add them to the internal list of playlists--I assume this copies them rather than create a shortcut)

I've been using my own script to sync playlists to my computer ever since I abandoned iTunes years ago, so I don't know what kind of support there is on preexisting software for the M11 (or even what software most audiophiles use to sync playlists to their devices).

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #2,515 of 9,288

and i am posting questions to learn?

how am i a fan boy when i obviously have and purchased an M11?

i know when headphones is loud dude,
i already said its loud via wired and going 90,100+ is already insanely loud.

again im playing my audio Bluetooth on
SBC quality yes,

1. its on SBC,
2. max volume to 120 (max incase u didnt know?)
3. having the bluetooth itself set to max audio
4. high gain
all that together and to me its not loud, and it doesnt hurt my ears.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #2,517 of 9,288
and i am posting questions to learn?

how am i a fan boy when i obviously have and purchased an M11?

i know when headphones is loud dude,
i already said its loud via wired and going 90,100+ is already insanely loud.

again im playing my audio Bluetooth on
SBC quality yes,

1. its on SBC,
2. max volume to 120 (max incase u didnt know?)
3. having the bluetooth itself set to max audio
4. high gain
all that together and to me its not loud, and it doesnt hurt my ears.
Maybe your best bet is to just contact FiiO directly, if anything they're the ones who would actually be able to help out

Jun 9, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #2,518 of 9,288
I haven’t heard those IEMs myself so can’t say. But synergy is very important and like any amp/IEM/headphone the synergy needs to be there for them to sing together. Maybe give the M11 a few solid days of break-in time and go from there. Sibilance and brightness are definitely not in the vocabulary with the IEMs and headphones I’ve used with the M11 so far.

Since then, I've swapped the stock silicon tips of the XBA N3 for a Silicon/Foam hybrids. The foam seem to have helped bring the bass a bit forward and specially helped tame the high frequencies that were literally killing me.

So far I'm more pleased with the change. i also have some comply tips that bring the bass even more forward at the cost of being a hint boomy, but let's see how it goes with these hybrids.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #2,520 of 9,288
Maybe your best bet is to just contact FiiO directly, if anything they're the ones who would actually be able to help out

High gain doesn't effect bluetooth, the amp is in the headphones or speaker, not the m11. The dac or amp of the dap doesn't do squat in bluetooth.

Oh sorry quoted the wrong person. I know you know this leetransform25 :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back