[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 21, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #736 of 9,288
@maira , @cr3ativ3

Well, I am very new to the world of dedicated DAPs (I just got an R6 Pro, my last one was an iPod years and years ago, and in between I just used my various phones).

As a new user I don’t see it as a question of SQ or features/bling-bling. I see it as SQ AND features/bling-bling. If something is easy to use and a joy to use it will probably be used much, much more than if it is just very good, but awkward to use or has limited capability. I think of my smartphone and my Nikon camera... I use the smartphone for photos MUCH more, though the quality is not as good (but these days much, much better!).

As much as I love the SQ and power out of my R6 Pro, I really like its other “smartphone” like capabilities, and it keeps me glued to it more. If only the form factor were more like my smartphone I would really be enthralled with it. But the brick-like form factor... what were they thinking? After using my R6 Pro, it makes my LG v30 look like a work of technological art from the 22nd Century...

By the way, even though I own a competing product, I really, really want the M11 to succeed wildly. I think it is a stellar price point and awesome value for what you get. Personally I would want Android 8 or 9, along with Play Store support, but that’s really just me and what I am used to, nothing fundamental.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #740 of 9,288
I think I will try out the m11 as well .
I think it will be like Ibasso Dx150 sq wise ( with stock amp) maybe a little below

I had the DX150 and amp6 and went to the M11. I actually find the M11 to sound better. I think it is a little bit more neutral but found it has a wider soundstage and better imaging and airyness with my HE560 and HE1000.

Apr 21, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #744 of 9,288
I have the D2 and I must say it's like 10x better than the M6 and the M9 together. And if I remember well it was cheaper than the M6.
I don't suppose you evaluated this with perfectly volume matched blind tests

Apr 21, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #746 of 9,288
I am a bit late to the party maybe, but what about the reported defective 4.4mm output? I was that close to pull the trigger yesterday night, but after having read problem with the 4.4mm output, I would appreciate positive returns from current owner and users. Thanks in advance.

Apr 21, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #747 of 9,288
I am a bit late to the party maybe, but what about the reported defective 4.4mm output? I was that close to pull the trigger yesterday night, but after having read problem with the 4.4mm output, I would appreciate positive returns from current owner and users. Thanks in advance.
Looks like that's a one off. The rest are reporting their 4.4 connection is working just fine.

Apr 21, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #748 of 9,288
Looks like that's a one off. The rest are reporting their 4.4 connection is working just fine.
Ok, thanks for your answer.

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #749 of 9,288
Yes, my 4.4 jack is working fine.

I'm actually looking forward to my morning commute for my first extended listening session. Lots of Qobuz HiRes downloads to check out!

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #750 of 9,288
I have a few "green" questions I'd like to ask. All of my daps have been straight, wired only music players. Currently I have the Opus #1s. I'm contemplating selling it to help fund the M11. Correct me I'm wrong, but it sounds like we aren't certain if when this dap gets released in the States, if it will have 1 or 2 card slots? Also, with this dap I can download lossless files from places like qobuz directly to the SD card? To download apps, do you get them using Chrome while on Wi-Fi? I really have no need for all of the other stuff. I have my V40 for that. I don't need to be able to heat a burrito in the microwave or flush the toilet from my dap, but if anyone would be so kind to sort of touch on all the features this dap has, and what they do, I'd greatly appreciate it. Like I said, very green. I've always been one for simplicity, and have always stuck with a basic, good sounding dap, but this device looks pretty incredible. Thx head fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back