[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 22, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #751 of 9,270
I have a few "green" questions I'd like to ask. All of my daps have been straight, wired only music players. Currently I have the Opus #1s. I'm contemplating selling it to help fund the M11. Correct me I'm wrong, but it sounds like we aren't certain if when this dap gets released in the States, if it will have 1 or 2 card slots? Also, with this dap I can download lossless files from places like qobuz directly to the SD card? To download apps, do you get them using Chrome while on Wi-Fi? I really have no need for all of the other stuff. I have my V40 for that. I don't need to be able to heat a burrito in the microwave or flush the toilet from my dap, but if anyone would be so kind to sort of touch on all the features this dap has, and what they do, I'd greatly appreciate it. Like I said, very green. I've always been one for simplicity, and have always stuck with a basic, good sounding dap, but this device looks pretty incredible. Thx head fi

Hi mate,
The M11 is due to be released worldwide during May, no further details. I didn't followed 100% of the thread but the concern for the 2 slots becoming only one will only take place on following DAPs, M11 will be sold with 2 micro SD slots (if you search this topic, you'll find the micro SD card brands that are not recommended to be used).
Downloading media such as lossless music from streaming app has been reported as fully functionnal from users on the topic, even on SD card so yes, it works.
You are right, you browse the web through Chrome to get .apk files to download, then click on them and they install smoothly. Just be carefull from where you get the files, try to always use the official ones.
The possibilities on the DAP are huge, even more depending on music apps you'll use. So if you got any further specific questions please let us know.

Apr 22, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #752 of 9,270
This looks better than the AK SE100 I just ordered, should I cancel and wait for this ? lol
Probably not in terms of sound quality, but this looks much more usable since it'd be quite close to a mobile?

Apr 22, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #753 of 9,270
This looks better than the AK SE100 I just ordered, should I cancel and wait for this ? lol
Probably not in terms of sound quality, but this looks much more usable since it'd be quite close to a mobile?

Haven't heard the AK SE1000 but the consensus around here is the M11 is the most versatile and an ok entry level DAP. Then again if you're only focusing on SQ, choose a different brand.

Apr 22, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #757 of 9,270
84CB57ED-71AF-41EF-B8BE-5D1B9B36F9C9.jpeg According to FiiO official, they might consider removing card slot #2 in the future.

There were problems with full real out for Lexar 512g cards on one of the slots due to bandwidth overload, exynos apparently was designed for 1 card due to low power chip.

They remedied it by reducing read speed on slot 1 with firmware 1.0.3, but they’re also considering removing 2nd slot from future productions.

Apr 22, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #761 of 9,270
Going in to work, an hour of listening on my Sony wireless headphone to Qobuz HiRes offline tracks. Coming home, an hour on the Shure iems. I’m very pleased with the sound in both. Wide soundstage, excellent detail, bass that is strong without being boomy. Vocals have just the right amount of sibilance and presence.

I don’t think I can do justice to an A/B comparison with the M9. I like the sound of that too, and upgraded mainly for more storage, faster processor, wider app availability, and 5ghz WiFi. And it’s too long since I sold my AK240 to say anything meaningful. But this definitely puts a smile on my face with some favorite familiar tracks!

Apr 22, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #762 of 9,270
Hi mate,
The M11 is due to be released worldwide during May, no further details. I didn't followed 100% of the thread but the concern for the 2 slots becoming only one will only take place on following DAPs, M11 will be sold with 2 micro SD slots (if you search this topic, you'll find the micro SD card brands that are not recommended to be used).
Downloading media such as lossless music from streaming app has been reported as fully functionnal from users on the topic, even on SD card so yes, it works.
You are right, you browse the web through Chrome to get .apk files to download, then click on them and they install smoothly. Just be carefull from where you get the files, try to always use the official ones.
The possibilities on the DAP are huge, even more depending on music apps you'll use. So if you got any further specific questions please let us know.
Awesome. Thank you.

Apr 22, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #763 of 9,270
Hi mate,

As I see you had both the X5-iii and Hiby R6. How would you compare the M11 to those?

Apr 22, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #765 of 9,270
We had decided not to remove the TF2 from M11, but for the future model we will remove the TF2 and may add the build in memory size to 64g or 128g.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back