[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 18, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #646 of 9,288
I was able to get it working. There was one folder on my SD card that I guess was corrupted or something. It was causing Hiby to quit when trying to add it. So there are 8 songs I can't add will look into it later and maybe try importing those 8 later

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #647 of 9,288
I want the Neutron player for this m11. When I search their site there are a lot of different options to download. Which one do I download for the m11??

Or can I just download the trial version on apkpure and pay for the pro version?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #648 of 9,288
I want the Neutron player for this m11. When I search their site there are a lot of different options to download. Which one do I download for the m11??

Or can I just download the trial version on apkpure and pay for the pro version?
Having just installed Neutron on my Chinese R6 Pro, I can tell you that it is possible to install and activate without Google Play Services or Google Account services. It's a pain and a tad sketchy, though

1. Purchase Neutron Music Player on PayPro. This process is a bit annoying. I paid with PayPal and had to reply to an email to confirm my purchase. Make sure to remember which email you used to make the purchase. This may be different from your PayPal/etc. email.

2. Install the app from Neutron's website. ARM64 I believe. http://neutronmp.com/downloads/category/1-generic-android.html

3. The worst part is soon to be upon us! Go to settings > help > account. You should see some information about the evaluation period. Next, hit the + to add an account.

Screenshot_20190418-222557_Neutron.jpg Screenshot_20190418-222802_Neutron.jpg

4. Here's the awful part. Add your email by setting up the email server and login information. I used a gmail account with 2-factor authentication as well as a temporary app password, but there are obvious security concerns involved here. You'll have to consult your email service for the server information. You may also have to do additional configuration. For example, with gmail, I had to enable the POP3/IMAP connections to my mailbox. Your email must be the one you entered when purchasing the app via PayPro.

Example for gmail:

Server: pop3s://pop.gmail.com
Username: #####@gmail.com
Password: #####

5. After entering the info, hit the check mark. This will bring you back to the ACCOUNT menu. You should see your email here.

If the email is yellow and stays yellow after waiting for a short while, then Neutron is having difficulties connecting to your email. Something is not configured correctly, in this case.

If the email turns white, then it has successfully connected and should soon process the registration. You can confirm this by returning to the settings > help menu. If the evaluation period information has disappeared, then your license has been successfully registered on the device.

Edit: As I do not own an M11, I cannot verify that Neutron nor this process will work on the M11.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #649 of 9,288
Wow, that is kinda complicated for me. :ksc75smile:

I purchased the non-eval version of Neutron few years back and I forgot how easy or difficult it is to activate on an Android phone. What I did is, I extracted the apk on my phone, saved it on the cloud, downloaded and installed the apk on my M11. That worked for the Neutron. Didn't work for UAPP and BubbleUPnP. The last two were looking for Google Play to be activated.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #651 of 9,288
Ok looking forward to the reviews between M11 and R6 Pro, £382 from ap3 this weekend for us UK lot
I’m failing to understand the logic of comparing a £382 dap to one that costs £799. The R6 is the direct competitor. The Pro is approaching A&K territory/budget.

Apr 19, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #654 of 9,288
Not sure why we use budget to quality of sound, so because something is more expensive it has to be better ?
Ofcourse NOT ! But if its not out yet it will be the best.

Apr 19, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #656 of 9,288
Not sure why we use budget to quality of sound, so because something is more expensive it has to be better ?
The two aren’t always related, but generally you get what you pay for. And SQ, while being very important, is not the only criteria. Look, feel, speed, features...all important aspects of a dap.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #657 of 9,288
Price is half the sound quality!

The other half is how it sounds, of course. :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #659 of 9,288
Any news about upcoming M13?
Wow, M11 hasn’t ‘officially’ released yet and we’re already thinking of 13. I’d like to know what the 15 will have and more importantly how it compares to the R6 Pro because, you know, that’s the benchmark around here :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back