[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 19, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #661 of 9,288
Any preliminary thoughts or listening impressions how the M11 compares to A&K SR15? Fair comparison considering the SR15 costs more?
There is some comparison only between m11 and x5III that says it is basically the same sounding. Made by user like me and you. And yet no other more profesional review so only guys who has both can answer you about sr15 differences at this moment. And this is hard to find i guess.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #662 of 9,288
Wow, M11 hasn’t ‘officially’ released yet and we’re already thinking of 13. I’d like to know what the 15 will have and more importantly how it compares to the R6 Pro because, you know, that’s the benchmark around here :p

I saw a couple of official posts here like M13 will be available within a few months just after M11 release.

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #663 of 9,288
As a person who loves random play all the time ,does the M11 have a crossfade or a volume leveler like iPod Nano for random play? They are the best features of any random play experience. Gapless is not what Im talking about here.

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #664 of 9,288
As a person who loves random play all the time ,does the M11 have a crossfade or a volume leveler like iPod Nano for random play? They are the best features of any random play experience. Gapless is not what Im talking about here.
If Fiio Music doesn’t do it I’m sure you can find an app that will...

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #665 of 9,288

Poweramp has Crossfade. I have added this app to M11 and it works well. Both the Onkyo and Teac players have Crossfade as well. I have sideloaded these players and they run fine. Is Volume Leveler like Replay Gain? If so, yes they all have that too.

Apr 19, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #669 of 9,288
Excuse me guys, he's asking a legit question, what is this, a fanboys thread? A infiltrated FiiO agents thread? I don't get such answers.

Replying, I'd say it's a really good deal accounting sound quality and features Vs price.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #670 of 9,288
Excuse me guys, he's asking a legit question, what is this, a fanboys thread? A infiltrated FiiO agents thread? I don't get such answers.

Replying, I'd say it's a really good deal accounting sound quality and features Vs price.
The OP wasn't asking about value and features. His rather terse comment/question was that the M9 and X7ii did not sound good to his ears. Since most people here have not heard the M11 yet, getting the answer to his question is going to be hard, as I would think only someone who has heard the sound of the new M11 and the other two units can differentiate the way they sound accurately. Do you have all three (or at least two)? Maybe you can describe the sonic differences for the OP?

Lastly, if asking for actual help in finding out if the M11 might work for him, the OP could have asked the question much differently. I think the prior replies were deserved simply based on the phraseology of the question.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #672 of 9,288

I hope your comment isnt directed towards me cause that question is not a legit question to me. I am not a fanboy by any means but all answers are pretty much in this thread!! Meaning, the sound of this has already been mentioned compared to the X7. There are a lot of comments on how Fiios firmware is buggy and their support stinks...etc... News flash..... So are many many other daps. Just because someone has a great experience with one brand doesnt mean everyone will.. but c'mon already!! I am in the music industry.. My profession required me to own a dap that wasnt top end but not junk either. I bought one {NOT Fiio} based on the reviews and comments and had nothing but issues with it. It was embarrassing explaining to clients that the software is buggy..etc. so that company replaced it for me and within a week had same issues and then battery issues!! It was absurd that they would even release such a buggy player. Tech support was great but that wasnt going to fix it. I decided to go with Fiio and sure it wasnt 100 percent but was soooo much better than my previous dap from the other company. Try telling a client that can be spending upwards of $200 an hr. that your digital player has bugs and they are working on it..!! LOL

My point is every single player I have demoed has never been 100 percent. Doesnt matter what brand it is there will always be "something".... Go with what you like, whatever brand it is.. but to come in here and add nothing to the discussion is pointless.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #673 of 9,288
I hope your comment isnt directed towards me cause that question is not a legit question to me. I am not a fanboy by any means but all answers are pretty much in this thread!! Meaning, the sound of this has already been mentioned compared to the X7. There are a lot of comments on how Fiios firmware is buggy and their support stinks...etc... News flash..... So are many many other daps. Just because someone has a great experience with one brand doesnt mean everyone will.. but c'mon already!! I am in the music industry.. My profession required me to own a dap that wasnt top end but not junk either. I bought one {NOT Fiio} based on the reviews and comments and had nothing but issues with it. It was embarrassing explaining to clients that the software is buggy..etc. so that company replaced it for me and within a week had same issues and then battery issues!! It was absurd that they would even release such a buggy player. Tech support was great but that wasnt going to fix it. I decided to go with Fiio and sure it wasnt 100 percent but was soooo much better than my previous dap from the other company. Try telling a client that can be spending upwards of $200 an hr. that your digital player has bugs and they are working on it..!! LOL

My point is every single player I have demoed has never been 100 percent. Doesnt matter what brand it is there will always be "something".... Go with what you like, whatever brand it is.. but to come in here and add nothing to the discussion is pointless.

LOL.

Super-duper productive reply.

OP. There's someone saying it sounds better to him / her than the R6. But so far there's talks about a neutral sound. Nevertheless, I think the M11 is the best you can get in the "budget DAP with good sound and features" so far. In fact I think its the best featured DAP.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #674 of 9,288
There is some comparison only between m11 and x5III that says it is basically the same sounding. Made by user like me and you. And yet no other more profesional review so only guys who has both can answer you about sr15 differences at this moment. And this is hard to find i guess.

If that's the case I'll be definitely buying the M11. I loved the musicality of the X5-iii. It was just a bit short on battery life and the noise floor was quite high. The M11 has easily double the battery of X5-iii in real life scenario. If it's going to feature an ever so slightly more ''quiet'' output, it's going to be a winner for sure.

Apr 19, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #675 of 9,288
LOL.

Super-duper productive reply.

OP. There's someone saying it sounds better to him / her than the R6. But so far there's talks about a neutral sound. Nevertheless, I think the M11 is the best you can get in the "budget DAP with good sound and features" so far. In fact I think its the best featured DAP.
Read my last few sentences... That has more merit than anything you have contributed to this thread. You were also the guy that had a hard time with reading comprehension that had to have things explained to him so it would figure you wouldnt understand my response. I was pretty understanding in trying to explain to you and you told me "thats your opinion man".... You sound like a teenager. Remember, reading fundamental!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back