[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 16, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #556 of 9,288
Interesting conversations here regarding the M11. For its price, the M11 is pretty hard to beat and kudos to Fiio if they continue to support this platform with future firmware updates down the line.

My wish list for the Fiio M11 is for the player to support roon in the future. Is this even possible?

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #557 of 9,288
On my side, Spotify runs really fine (even online) on M11. Wifi signal stay strong and, in 1 week of use, I didn't notice any lost or lag while playing tracks. I mainly use Fiio music though, but for me it does seem the player goes well with a streaming use. Just wanted to give my feedback about this, no attack against anybody.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #558 of 9,288
On my side, Spotify runs really fine (even online) on M11. Wifi signal stay strong and, in 1 week of use, I didn't notice any lost or lag while playing tracks. I mainly use Fiio music though, but for me it does seem the player goes well with a streaming use. Just wanted to give my feedback about this, no attack against anybody.

The FiiO M11 has a proper processor. The one in the M9 and M6 is used mainly for smartwatches.

How's the battery doing, both with the music app and Spotify? Could you try to install Neutron Music Player and see how it does?

Apr 16, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #559 of 9,288
The FiiO M11 has a proper processor. The one in the M9 and M6 is used mainly for smartwatches.

How's the battery doing, both with the music app and Spotify? Could you try to install Neutron Music Player and see how it does?
Battery runs well through 8-9 hours of work with still ~10 % to go, on Fiio music and 4.4 balanced output. I cannot say for spotify, didn't used it more than one hour continuously so no relevant data to give for a long run.
Neutron MP did installed well from official site (downloaded .apk straight from player). Library of ~9000 tracks (.FLAC and some .MP3) took 5 minutes to load and I'm good to go. All is going well here, no gaps, no lags. Juste to note that one of my 24bits album do not show up here, don't know why.

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #560 of 9,288
The same was with some other chinese shop in alie earlier. That had about 50 pcs. It just disappeared. Dont know if it is possible that someone is buying for reselling them as they are not available freely in the west. But perhaps some other reason.
I ordered from them last Thursday and got my shipment notification this morning.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #562 of 9,288
So I have noticed a lot of people have said something about the lack of Google Play store. For me the only reason I had wanted it was because it made it easier to install apps. I don't have any apps that require google play for authentication. So I have installed the aurora store and it functions very much like the google play store and makes it very easy to download and install apps. I have noticed that every once in a while it will fail on first install but then works fine. So might be a bug but so far no issues getting anything to work.

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #563 of 9,288
Another Android DAP! Looking forward to seeing the reviews.

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #564 of 9,288
btw, we just confirmed that M11 has not problem with SONY Z1R original 4.4 cable.

Hi James,

Nice to hear that it works with original Sony 4.4mm cable I presume my unit has a faulty connection, its just my bad luck it could happen with any company but I must say the sound of M11 is very good with 3.5mm and 2.5mm both works for me I also compared it with A&K SP1000 and it is a very competetive sound for the price it is a steal, by the way today I went to local hifi shop and tried 3 cables one from Abyss one from Sennheiser HD820 and one from Sony Z1R all 3 had same issue random disconnect and icon for balanced connection appear and disappear. So I suspect it is not a firmware issue it is just bad connection or bad socket. If there is a possibility send the unit to any of or EU distributor than China than that would be great help.

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #565 of 9,288
I know that I will be able to install the Android version of the Audible app, but I wonder whether the M11 will be able to handle their audio format. Any ideas? The Audible files end in .aa or .aax.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #567 of 9,288
I know that I will be able to install the Android version of the Audible app, but I wonder whether the M11 will be able to handle their audio format. Any ideas? The Audible files end in .aa or .aax.
The app will handle the audio format - it has nothing to do with the M11. As long as the M11 runs the app you’ll hear the audio through the app.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #569 of 9,288
I’m starting to wonder whether I should get 4.4 adapters for all my 2.5 plugs...

I thought the 2.5 and 4.4 are connected to the exact same amp section. So I don't think the 4.4 is getting any more power so I don't see how it would be really any different from the 2.5 jack. But I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back