[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 16, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #541 of 9,288
The M11 should be interesting, and predictable. It will be full of bugs like every DAP Fiio has released. And how does Fiio remove the bugs and improve the user experience? That's right, release a new model, and don't fix previous models! Interesting business model that one.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #542 of 9,288
The M11 should be interesting, and predictable. It will be full of bugs like every DAP Fiio has released. And how does Fiio remove the bugs and improve the user experience? That's right, release a new model, and don't fix previous models! Interesting business model that one.
Very predictable and not-so-interesting comment. If you have anything of value to add to this discussion, do share.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #543 of 9,288
Very predictable and not-so-interesting comment. If you have anything of value to add to this discussion, do share.

I do not have anymore to share in relation to Fiio's under-engineered DAP's. I'm over returning them and now moved on. Sorry!

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #544 of 9,288

sorry for the poor experience but we still working in the new firmware for X7 which already almost 4 years old since it launched market. and plz understand that some features/bugs is out of our ability and not our fault.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 16, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #545 of 9,288

I must say I agree 100% with this. I have had 3 FiiO DAPs and its been worse every time. Don't get me wrong, the M11 looks great on paper. But the M6 and M9 were totally unusable. I can understand focusing on new products should have priority, but we're talking about new-released players whose users are literally abandoned once the product is out. Check the official forums: Hardware problems. Software problems. Lack of support, and ocasional replies to point YOU HAVENT IT RIGHT when pointing out simple problems like the official app (the only player officially supported because those devices can't literally handle any other apps because of the processors having smartwatch performance...) can't read album artist or correctly order by disc/track. Not mentioning the products are advertished for funftions they can't fultill. "The perfect Hi-Fi and streaming DAP. We are ready for the future, but you'll struggle to play tracks from Spotify...".

Sorry for the rant but I got triggered. As we have until almost June to thing about it... Anyone with both the M11 and the Hiby R6 that can compare all the features, please?

Thanks @duaned for make me think twice. (I sold both the M6 and M9 last week, btw.)

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #546 of 9,288
Also, pretty scary that now that the M11 is released there's already 3 superior players hinted by non other than James (and published everywhere in his Facebook) that are coming out THIS YEAR. Yeah, guys, I bet they'll focus on update the M11 firmware, and solving all your problems... AWWWWWW.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #547 of 9,288
I must say I agree 100% with this. I have had 3 FiiO DAPs and its been worse every time. Don't get me wrong, the M11 looks great on paper. But the M6 and M9 were totally unusable. I can understand focusing on new products should have priority, but we're talking about new-released players whose users are literally abandoned once the product is out. Check the official forums: Hardware problems. Software problems. Lack of support, and ocasional replies to point YOU HAVENT IT RIGHT when pointing out simple problems like the official app (the only player officially supported because those devices can't literally handle any other apps because of the processors having smartwatch performance...) can't read album artist or correctly order by disc/track. Not mentioning the products are advertished for funftions they can't fultill. "The perfect Hi-Fi and streaming DAP. We are ready for the future, but you'll struggle to play tracks from Spotify...".

Sorry for the rant but I got triggered. As we have until almost June to thing about it... Anyone with both the M11 and the Hiby R6 that can compare all the features, please?

Thanks @duaned for make me think twice. (I sold both the M6 and M9 last week, btw.)
So let me understand this: you spent $300 (and less on the M6) hoping for the perfect dap with smartphone-like performance, yet are now looking at $450-$600 daps because you want better performance? Why not just do a bit of research, don’t buy the first product you see, and spend accordingly?

The M9 is many things, but unusable isn’t one of them. A little slow, sure, but I haven’t had a single issue with Tidal or Spotify from day one - and good luck finding a dap that does either of those with offline support for anything near the asking price. As a stand-alone (offline) player it is responsive and full featured with outstanding sound quality and a balanced dac/amp. Seriously, look around, there’s nothing else like it for $300.

$500, $600, sure, but don’t expect a BMW for the price of a Ford else you’ll always be disappointed.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #549 of 9,288
Also, pretty scary that now that the M11 is released there's already 3 superior players hinted by non other than James (and published everywhere in his Facebook) that are coming out THIS YEAR. Yeah, guys, I bet they'll focus on update the M11 firmware, and solving all your problems... AWWWWWW.

so how can I do? just keep the secret and them everyone complained that we are trying to make more money in this way ? I believe it is good to both to let everyone know our plan. and also the model will share the same firmware cause all will use the same Soc and maybe the same screen if our supplier can keep supply us the screen,

this is the only way we can make Samsung will have tiny interesting to support us in the future, and also it can make us satisfy more customers .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 16, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #550 of 9,288
so how can I do? just keep the secret and them everyone complained that we are trying to make more money in this way ? I believe it is good to both to let everyone know our plan. and also the model will share the same firmware cause all will use the same Soc and maybe the same screen if our supplier can keep supply us the screen,

this is the only way we can make Samsung will have tiny interesting to support us in the future, and also it can make us satisfy more customers .
@JamesFiiO don’t bother justifying yourself to those who won’t be happy regardless of what you do or don’t do. There are plenty of customers (myself included) that are very satisfied with your products, and have no issues with you revealing your future plans. If anything that’s a risk to current product sales, but if you tier the products correctly (i.e. most features = higher cost) then it’s perfectly acceptable, and as you say, gives users a wide range of products and price points to choose from. Kudos to you for showing up on this forum and being an active participant - more than I can say for many other vendors.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #551 of 9,288
I also will add that fiio really responsive to our askings and problems. I haven't seen so fast and full responses anywhere. So only for that fiio is respectfull company. Even if the innovations and new products for really competitive price doesn't let them to make the products trouble free. But even not ideal for example m9 is perhaps no alternative dap at the moment for the price. M11 possibly will be the same. At first. I was a little bit sceptical about m11 but now waiting for it to show in local dealers in europe to test with my iems and it will be perhaps my future upgrade as other fiio products comes possibly only in the second part of the year.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #552 of 9,288
I'm curios if there will be a turbo mode with some more output power in a future update like with the x5iii? Would be interesting for some full size headphones that are a bit harder to drive.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #553 of 9,288
I'm curios if there will be a turbo mode with some more output power in a future update like with the x5iii? Would be interesting for some full size headphones that are a bit harder to drive.
Me too, as that would make the M11 the perfect dap for me for the foreseeable future. As it stands it’s the perfect IEM and easy-to-drive headphone dap, but doesn’t quite have the juice for an HD800/Auteur I’m afraid.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #554 of 9,288
So let me understand this: you spent $300 (and less on the M6) hoping for the perfect dap with smartphone-like performance, yet are now looking at $450-$600 daps because you want better performance? Why not just do a bit of research, don’t buy the first product you see, and spend accordingly?

The M9 is many things, but unusable isn’t one of them. A little slow, sure, but I haven’t had a single issue with Tidal or Spotify from day one - and good luck finding a dap that does either of those with offline support for anything near the asking price. As a stand-alone (offline) player it is responsive and full featured with outstanding sound quality and a balanced dac/amp. Seriously, look around, there’s nothing else like it for $300.

$500, $600, sure, but don’t expect a BMW for the price of a Ford else you’ll always be disappointed.

First of all, it wasnt just the performance. The sound was okay for 300$ and 150$ DAPs, no doubt about it. I can probably enumerate every technical aspect and component (so it wasnt my fault), and yet, even after having read LOADS of reviews, is not until you get to play with the official app when you notice not only it could be a lot better but it fails at simple things such the mentioned Album Artist read and ordering by Disc / Track. Call me a hipster but those are basic things a company releasing only audio products should get right. And then there's the performance issues. You may post here a single review were its stated that the performance is a mess. And I'm not talking about a second of "lag" when scrolling though the GUI or apps. I'm talking about 5 *****.#ng minutes to search and play a track in any of the streaming apps supported. Ah and of course after that you'll get interruptions while playing the track because the WiFi also sucks.

If you are happy with your M9 having that problems, good for you you!. I dont know how much time have you spent with Tidal or Spotify but its just unusable. About the FiiO Music app, sure, no performance problems, but releasing a nice sounding product with just that software its just... then again, if you are happy with it, good for you :D Btw, there's better products for the price if you are JUST looking for an offline player. Those are not advertished as that but as "DAPs totally capable, ready for the future of streaming" (lol).

Its not my hobby to point out how those DAPs suck big time, I'm just a dissapointed customer... It's just what @duaned over there said. Don't be so hard on him, it seems you get triggered when someone points out a FiiO product suck, or could be better.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #555 of 9,288

I'm not talking about keeping secrets! I think its great you guys are releasing new products and I'm looking forward to them. I'm just complaining about what was pointed above. In my experience after WEEKS of getting a product the support is over. You get no answers. No new (needed) firmware is getting released... (I'm not walking about the X7). Maybe instead of releasing 5 players a year, release 4 and get a better software branch, and support?

I appreciate there's an inside man here at least giving real answers to real problems. The official forum is full of people complaining and most of the answers are "we'll talk with the engineer about it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back