[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 6, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #1,036 of 9,288
I live in the GTA and considered the M9 for quite awhile. Picked up a store demo M7 for less than an M6 and I don't need streaming. Having compared the M7 to the M6 I actually think the M7 sounds better. Going to the M9 I would lose half the battery life and again not use streaming. So probably good with the M7 for now, if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the M11? I am guessing to buy it local would be around $600 CDN which is way to much for me but still curious.

650ish

May 6, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #1,037 of 9,288
Thanks so much.Finally a balanced answer on M11 sound. I own the Fiio M3K and the M6 and sound signature of both is pretty similar(especially since arrival of M3K firmware with custom eq.) I felt Fiio could not have changed their signature sound very much for the M11.I may still buy it based on the variety of things the M11 can do and Im sure I will like its sound quality. The M6 has a better form factor for portability so I will probably hold onto it for the summer months.

The M9 was way smaller than I thought in fact.

May 6, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,038 of 9,288
For anyone interested, I will probably have my M11 up for sale later this week with some sd cards. I am in the US so might be a good opportunity for someone in the US to grab one.

May 6, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,039 of 9,288
Yes! I found a system-wise EQ for the M11.

By pure chance, put out some feelers and discovered RE EQ. And what a find! Works perfectly with Tidal, Plex, Netflix - heck it’s better than the FiiO EQ, not that I use FiiO Music. Still deciding whether or not to use it in place of Poweramp’s excellent EQ but for the sake of simplicity I probably will.

This is the icing on the cake and is exactly why the M9 was never going to be an option for me (after I discovered its shortcomings). If you’re going to use an Android dap it needs to be able to multitask. What’s the point of Tidal stopping every time you open another app or look something up in Chrome?

The M11 is ticking all my boxes so far...

PS. Does anyone else find the back of the M11 gets quite warm after a while. Not hot, but very warm. Hope that’s normal...:unamused:

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #1,041 of 9,288
Why are you selling your M11?

I ordered a DX220 and have a feeling that overall that will end up being used more than the M11. I will most likely miss the speed of the M11 interface and the gesture controls and would love to keep both but the budget won't allow it. So only one can stay.

May 6, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #1,042 of 9,288
I ordered a DX220 and have a feeling that overall that will end up being used more than the M11. I will most likely miss the speed of the M11 interface and the gesture controls and would love to keep both but the budget won't allow it. So only one can stay.

You might surprise yourself and decide to keep the M11!

May 6, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,043 of 9,288

By pure chance, put out some feelers and discovered RE EQ. And what a find! Works perfectly with Tidal, Plex, Netflix - heck it’s better than the FiiO EQ, not that I use FiiO Music. Still deciding whether or not to use it in place of Poweramp’s excellent EQ but for the sake of simplicity I probably will.

This is the icing on the cake and is exactly why the M9 was never going to be an option for me (after I discovered its shortcomings). If you’re going to use an Android dap it needs to be able to multitask. What’s the point of Tidal stopping every time you open another app or look something up in Chrome?

PS. Does anyone else find the back of the M11 gets quite warm after a while. Not hot, but very warm. Hope that’s normal...:unamused:
What is your opinion about m9. As you have used it do you think that it was tuned a little bit up for higher mid and lower treble? As with dm6 it soud a little bit harsh to me ( too much hot treble with balanced out ) so i am using it with moondrop kanas (much better no fatigue). Have you heard some differences with M11 and it's tuning going from m9. I wonder what type iems m11 likes more - fh5, f7 type (smoother warmer, darker) or such as dm6 - more harsher.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #1,044 of 9,288
You might surprise yourself and decide to keep the M11!

That is possible but I think with the amp modules and amp8 that I ordered as well it will end up being a better pairing with my it04 and my HE1000 that I will use with it as well. The M11 does great with both of those right now. Just curious to see the difference in the DX220. I had a DX150 and liked it but found the M11 to be just a little bit better and therefore kept it.

May 6, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #1,045 of 9,288
What is your opinion about m9. As you have used it do you think that it was tuned a little bit up for higher mid and lower treble? As with dm6 it soud a little bit harsh to me ( too much hot treble with balanced out ) so i am using it with moondrop kanas (much better no fatigue). Have you heard some differences with M11 and it's tuning going from m9. I wonder what type iems m11 likes more - f5, f7 type (smoother warmer, darker) or such as dm6 - more harsher.
I’m finding the M11 more revealing and less forgiving than the M9. The FH5 has forward mids, which can sound harsh with poor recordings (or some shouty mid-centric recordings anyway). The M11 doesn’t mask that like the M9 did, so I’m using EQ to tune down that FR in the FH5 and it seems to be working well. That said I may be in the market later this year to try match the M11 with a slightly smoother IEM. I’m fairly new to the IEM world so it’ll take some listening, but I’ll likely go upmarket (Campfire etc.) rather than downmarket (Kanas, DM etc.), not because those new Chinese IEMs aren’t good (I’m sure they’re great) but because I’d want to get the sound closer in ultimate quality to my desktop rig. The M11 has what it takes, but I suspect the FH5, good as they are, could eventually be replaced. We’ll see what the FH7 review like, otherwise I might opt for a different sound profile IEM.

May 6, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #1,046 of 9,288

Download link please?

May 6, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,048 of 9,288
I’m finding the M11 more revealing and less forgiving than the M9. The FH5 has forward mids, which can sound harsh with poor recordings (or some shouty mid-centric recordings anyway). The M11 doesn’t mask that like the M9 did, so I’m using EQ to tune down that FR in the FH5 and it seems to be working well. That said I may be in the market later this year to try match the M11 with a slightly smoother IEM. I’m fairly new to the IEM world so it’ll take some listening, but I’ll likely go upmarket (Campfire etc.) rather than downmarket (Kanas, DM etc.), not because those new Chinese IEMs aren’t good (I’m sure they’re great) but because I’d want to get the sound closer in ultimate quality to my desktop rig. The M11 has what it takes, but I suspect the FH5, good as they are, could eventually be replaced. We’ll see what the FH7 review like, otherwise I might opt for a different sound profile IEM.
Thanks for insight of m11 and fh5 tuning. I think fiio made some tuning for fh5 and m9 as a combo to sound best as each of them adding what is needed ( in my opinion). And with m11 i somehow think their new fh7 will be tuned for m11 better and should be good combo but ofcorse it should be heard first. So m11 is more revealing dap and seems similar to some higher end ibasso then. I am waiting for it to show in local dealers to have a listen and then can decide if its worth going from m9.

May 6, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #1,050 of 9,288
From the 'reviews' so far the M11 doesn't seem to be too much of a step up from the M series? Other than comments about it being responsive and streaming capabilities. If so then I'm not sure if it's worth an upgrade even

Users who are viewing this thread

Back