[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 3, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #1,006 of 9,288
Well, I'm not experienced at all on cable upgrading so I would go for an official 4.4 for FH1, but that's my personal mind. Anyone here that may help our friend here?
There’s zero difference between the 2.5mm and 4.4mm output of the M11, other than the size of the plug. If you already have a 2.5mm cable you gain nothing from buying a 4.4mm cable (unless you’re upgrading the cable itself, the benefit of which is questionable).

May 3, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #1,007 of 9,288
There’s zero difference between the 2.5mm and 4.4mm output of the M11, other than the size of the plug. If you already have a 2.5mm cable you gain nothing from buying a 4.4mm cable (unless you’re upgrading the cable itself, the benefit of which is questionable).
Thanks for the response. The question was not on (non-existant) balanced outputs difference (I personaly prefer the most resistant 4.4 but that's not the topic) The user was wondering if he may buy a basic 4.4 cable or buy a better (also 4.4 I think) one. (As what I understood, he lost his 2.5 cable some time ago, that's maybe where it was unclear)

May 3, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #1,008 of 9,288
I have read a bit on the Samsung sdxc’s and understand they are the most commonly counterfeit items. And there are models specific for amazon.com as well as regional models. Worth looking into before purchasing. The fake ones are known to fail which is probably expected when it’s fake. But curious if you knew about the fake ones and how to spot them.

I only buy from reputable sellers even if I pay higher price than online stores.

May 3, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #1,009 of 9,288
Thanks for the response. The question was not on (non-existant) balanced outputs difference (I personaly prefer the most resistant 4.4 but that's not the topic) The user was wondering if he may buy a basic 4.4 cable or buy a better (also 4.4 I think) one. (As what I understood, he lost his 2.5 cable some time ago, that's maybe where it was unclear)

I lost my FH1 last summer and only kept the 2.5 balanced cable. I currently own a pair of BGVP DMG but never tried the balanced cable, I was asking if that cable was good enough or should I buy a better cable (2.4 or 4.4)

May 3, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #1,010 of 9,288
I lost my FH1 last summer and only kept the 2.5 balanced cable. I currently own a pair of BGVP DMG but never tried the balanced cable, I was asking if that cable was good enough or should I buy a better cable (2.4 or 4.4)
If it’s the Fiio LC-2.5B cable, it’s more than fine (excellent in fact). If not, that’s a good one to get. It’s available in both 2.5 and 4.4 terminations.

May 3, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #1,012 of 9,288
Does anyone have a clue how to take a screenshot with the M11? I know it was possible with earlier FiiO daps but not sure if it’s possible with the M11?
Press the power button and the previous track button at the same time. Shows up in the Pictures folder on the internal storage

May 3, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #1,013 of 9,288
Screenshot_20190503-103819.png

A sample screenshot.

May 3, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,015 of 9,288
Press the power button and the previous track button at the same time. Shows up in the Pictures folder on the internal storage
Nope, definitely doesn’t work. Tried up track, down track, nothing. If I press the power button first I get the reboot or shutdown screen. If I hold the down toggle then press power, nothing happens. If I hold the up toggle and press power, screen goes off. What gives?

May 3, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,016 of 9,288
Call me OCD, but has anyone else noticed the incorrect use of the word ‘Audios’ instead of ‘Audio’ I’m Settings? Drives me nuts every time I see it. @JamesFiiO please can you ask the engineers to fix that in the next firmware run?
I hope this doesn't come across wrong but I think it's ironic that you're complaining about a spelling mistake. in* :dt880smile:

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #1,018 of 9,288
Nope, definitely doesn’t work. Tried up track, down track, nothing. If I press the power button first I get the reboot or shutdown screen. If I hold the down toggle then press power, nothing happens. If I hold the up toggle and press power, screen goes off. What gives?
Nevermind, eventually got it to work. Sometimes. Have to press at a certain pressure and then, once in a while, it works. Ditched the whole thing and just got Androidtool for my Mac, switched on USB Debugging in Developer Tools, and now I can capture perfect screenshots and screen videos using my Mac. Sorted!

May 4, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #1,020 of 9,288
Hey guys. The M11 being my first ever Android device, I must say I’m having great fun discovering its capabilities (excellent sound quality aside). From printing to opening documents to playing movies, it does it all, and very well indeed. With a few caveats. So a few questions for you Android gurus:

1. Any idea how to force rotate the screen? After a video, for example, screen stays in landscape mode and you have to switch back to the desktop to rotate it. Is there a button or setting or gesture that can rotate the screen back to portrait, or vice versa? I’d prefer not to have to get an app for that.

2. For some reason I can’t set up my wireless Canon printer using the system’s default settings. If I try print something, it detects my printer and indicates that it wants to download software for it, but clicking on the Canon logo it shows me does nothing. Only when I download Canon’s printing app can I print, but then only through the app - it’s not a systemwide printer.

These are just two side issues I have for now. Nothing to do with sound, I know, but this device is just so temptingly versatile...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back