[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 5, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #7,801 of 9,288
Update it looks like I am up and running after taking a look at the manual on page 28 there is a legend for all the icons on the status bar and it was #9 storage mode connecting with computer this is what needed to be changed on my M11 to get it working many thanks for your help. HaPeKa now I need to find out how to convert my CD collection to Flac files with all the cover data and get them installed onto the M11

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #7,803 of 9,288
@FiiO I just downloaded firmware 1.0.9. First, Thank you for the Play Store.

ISSUE: The Aiprotection on my Asus router is reporting the M11 is attempting to connect to site: c3.sdkclickurl.com. I've already done two full factory resets on the M11, so the bad code must be part of the firmware? The device is fresh (empty) and the SD card has been formatted.

Good catch. That’s concerning, @FiiO. What data are you gathering and sending?

Apr 6, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #7,804 of 9,288
It's refer to
https://github.com/easy-swoole/easyswoole/

EasySwoole is a distributed, persistent memory PHP framework based on the Swoole extension. It was created specifically for APIs to get rid of the performance penalties associated with process calls and file loading. EasySwoole highly encapsulates the Swoole Server and still maintains the original features of the Swoole server, supports simultaneous monitoring of HTTP, custom TCP, and UDP protocols, allowing developers to write multi-process, asynchronous, and highly available applications with minimal learning cost and effort.

Apr 6, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #7,805 of 9,288
Update it looks like I am up and running after taking a look at the manual on page 28 there is a legend for all the icons on the status bar and it was #9 storage mode connecting with computer this is what needed to be changed on my M11 to get it working many thanks for your help. HaPeKa now I need to find out how to convert my CD collection to Flac files with all the cover data and get them installed onto the M11

https://www.google.com/search?q=bes...hrome.0.0l8.4503j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

First result gives you 9 options :)
For covers, there are apps for Windows and apps for Android which will go through your collection and download images of all identifiable album covers.
If the M11 is your first DAP, I suspect you're in for a treat! My advice would be rip to flac at the best settings you can muster, grab a larger SD card (256Gb would be a minimum) and pair the M11 with decent headphones/earphones. Plenty of advice and advisors available here on Head-Fi! Enjoy enjoy!!!

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #7,806 of 9,288
@FiiO I just downloaded firmware 1.0.9. First, Thank you for the Play Store.

ISSUE: The Aiprotection on my Asus router is reporting the M11 is attempting to connect to site: c3.sdkclickurl.com. I've already done two full factory resets on the M11, so the bad code must be part of the firmware? The device is fresh (empty) and the SD card has been formatted.
Any update on this issue? I'm concerned as well.

Apr 6, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #7,807 of 9,288
Hi all.
I've already posted here about the presence of an annoying hiss from the right channel of my M11 which appeared out of nowhere 5 months after my purchase from amazon uk.
I tried to contact Fiio about this (as this clearly must be covered by warranty) by email (twice) and haven't received any feedback yet (it's been a month!) which is VERY DISAPPOINTING for Fiio.
Anybody with similar issues?
And if any Fiio ppl watching this thread please I could use some help here.
Thanx

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #7,808 of 9,288
On the Amazon Music HD app, I'm running FiiO firmware 1.0.8, and trying the Amazon service for the first time, with APKpure installed Amazon music app version "16.9.1 OTA".

It's a pretty flaky beast. The only good news is that rebooting usually corrects the flake of the moment. Flakes include:

1. Pressing play only to have the looping circle and no playing, for longer than network or other things would indicate.
  2. Long, long, long "loading" time with the infinite (flat) progress bar, not to be confused with the looping circle.
  3. If I pause the amazon app and use my FiiO music player on local content, then restart the amazon play after pausing the fiio player, the amazon play will be corrupt with all manner of audio artifacts in the play (cured by reboot).
  4. Downloaded songs cause the infinite looping circle when I try to play them (again, cured by reboot).
Am I running the wrong amazon app version? Says it was updated Apr 5 2020.

I'm guessing the lastest FiiO firmware won't fix it, I'm waiting to install that until I hear about that "sdkclickurl" behavior reported above.

Apr 6, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #7,809 of 9,288
On the Amazon Music HD app, I'm running FiiO firmware 1.0.8, and trying the Amazon service for the first time, with APKpure installed Amazon music app version "16.9.1 OTA"....
I'm guessing the lastest FiiO firmware won't fix it, I'm waiting to install that until I hear about that "sdkclickurl" behavior reported above.

It does seem to fix the issue, but I am really curious about what they're sending to that host. @FiiO - we need to be able to opt out of any data collection service.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #7,810 of 9,288
Any update on this issue? I'm concerned as well.

I did another hard reset (wiped cache partition) and monitored the Aiprotection on my Asus router. As soon as Google Play services is installed, I login using my gmail account and update the default apps I see a flood of hits to c3.sdkclickurl.com. :astonished:

I haven't had this issue before firmware 1.0.9. :face_palm::rage:

EDIT: downgrading back to 1.0.8.

2020-04-05_12-23-27.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #7,811 of 9,288
It's my first time in this thread in a while, so first of all I'd like to say thank you so much for the added play store functionality. My jaw dropped when I saw the patch notes.

So far the apps I've downloaded from the play store have worked well, but I have one small issue.

The app I have a problem with is called LivePhish. It's a music app for the band Phish that has an option for saving concerts for offline use. I have the same version (3.3.16) of this app on both my phone (Samsung S7) and my M11.

The problem is that on my phone, I can go into the settings, then applications, then LivePhish, and change the location the app downloads data to.

On the M11, in the same settings menu, there is no option to change storage location.

I assume this has to do with the OS version the M11 is running, as the app version is the same on both devices.

If anyone has any suggestions i'd really appreciate it, as my sd cards are much bigger than the M11's internal storage.

Thanks!

Apr 6, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #7,812 of 9,288
It's my first time in this thread in a while, so first of all I'd like to say thank you so much for the added play store functionality. My jaw dropped when I saw the patch notes.

So far the apps I've downloaded from the play store have worked well, but I have one small issue.

The app I have a problem with is called LivePhish. It's a music app for the band Phish that has an option for saving concerts for offline use. I have the same version (3.3.16) of this app on both my phone (Samsung S7) and my M11.

The problem is that on my phone, I can go into the settings, then applications, then LivePhish, and change the location the app downloads data to.

On the M11, in the same settings menu, there is no option to change storage location.

I assume this has to do with the OS version the M11 is running, as the app version is the same on both devices.

If anyone has any suggestions i'd really appreciate it, as my sd cards are much bigger than the M11's internal storage.

Thanks!

Is it possible this is just status quo for running Google Play? One of the things I've liked about the FiiO is lack of google play, and I intend to disable it (which I've ready is possible) with the 1.0.9 update. Does the sdkclickurl thing go away if you if you disable google play?

Apr 6, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #7,813 of 9,288
Is it possible this is just status quo for running Google Play? One of the things I've liked about the FiiO is lack of google play, and I intend to disable it (which I've ready is possible) with the 1.0.9 update. Does the sdkclickurl thing go away if you if you disable google play?

I apologize but I'm not sure what you mean. I have no idea what the "sdkclickurl" thing is

Apr 6, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #7,815 of 9,288
It's refer to
https://github.com/easy-swoole/easyswoole/

EasySwoole is a distributed, persistent memory PHP framework based on the Swoole extension. It was created specifically for APIs to get rid of the performance penalties associated with process calls and file loading. EasySwoole highly encapsulates the Swoole Server and still maintains the original features of the Swoole server, supports simultaneous monitoring of HTTP, custom TCP, and UDP protocols, allowing developers to write multi-process, asynchronous, and highly available applications with minimal learning cost and effort.
It refers to THIS thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back