[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Mar 29, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #7,772 of 9,286
Thank you for introducing sort by album artist with 1.0.9. It's a great improvement.

BUT, the thumbnails in the Artist List Display are too small. I've increased the display size to Large in the general device settings, but that's not enough. I don't want to have to put on my glasses when I use this. The thumbnails in the Album List Display are big enough, just use the same size in the Artist List Display.

While I'm suggesting improvements, the scrolling in the Artist List Display is pretty slow. Poweramp overcomes this by having a scroll bar on the right hand side. Tap on it part way down and you go straight to that letter of the alphabet.

Thanks
I agree with this... the thumbnails are way too small... they could easily be larger, making this more visually appealing and easy to navigate.

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #7,775 of 9,286
Hi there, i'm a new owner of this M11 beast and i must say i'm rather very much happy with it so far.

I think i must be having it at the quite perfect time because it seems latest fw improvements are - at least to me - very important upgrades (eg Play Store & Album_Artist tag support). I've read that OTG support is on the list too for future update and that's also appreciable.

Regarding fw update, i want to mention to @FiiO that upgrading made me loosing my user EQ. Not a big deal but i wanted to mention it anyway.

Also is it just me or does activating the EQ instantly reduces the volume ? I definitely wish we could have a pre-amp slider available for the EQ.

And while i'm here, a few other remarks :

- It would be nice if the folders selected for scanning library could be kept in memory because always having to re-select the same folders before scanning is a bit annoying
- not sure if it's intended or not but swiping on cover art for changing track in main player (in full screen mode) doesn't seem to consider the current play mode (i mean if you're in shuffle mode, swiping will jump to next song in list instead of random song)
- external m3u playlists that you can access when broswing through folder mode are sorted by date and being able of sorting these alphabetically would be great
- when in 'current playing songs list view', having also the total running time in the top part (in addition of the number of songs) would be a nice info addition too
- having a queue mode would be really nice
- being able of editing / customize the android settings drawer could be very helpful too. i miss eg a quick access shortcut for the sleep timer setting when using other music app than the native Fiio one

Also, i'd like to know if anybody could successfully cast the screen to chromecast because it always fails on my end when trying through Google Home (i always get a 'Casting screen to ... has ended' right after starting the cast). Google Home also states that 'the device is not optimized for casting' but casting through Youtube perfectly works though. And the cast feature of 'Rocket Player' app also works so i kinda doubt the issue with Google home cast would be device or hardware related...

Ok, i think it's already quite a lot so i'll stop here for now. Thanks to all for your help.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #7,776 of 9,286
While I'm suggesting improvements, the scrolling in the Artist List Display is pretty slow. Poweramp overcomes this by having a scroll bar on the right hand side. Tap on it part way down and you go straight to that letter of the alphabet.

This scrolling features actually already exists but i found it a bit of a 'hit & miss' for performing the scroll properly. You need to press and hold any of the letter in the alphabetical vertical bar that briefly appears on right of the screen when srolling down, then, while still pressing, you can scroll up or down for reaching any other letter faster.

Mar 29, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #7,777 of 9,286
Hi there, i'm a new owner of this M11 beast and i must say i'm rather very much happy with it so far.

I think i must be having it at the quite perfect time because it seems latest fw improvements are - at least to me - very important upgrades (eg Play Store & Album_Artist tag support). I've read that OTG support is on the list too for future update and that's also appreciable.

Regarding fw update, i want to mention to @FiiO that upgrading made me loosing my user EQ. Not a big deal but i wanted to mention it anyway.

Also is it just me or does activating the EQ instantly reduces the volume ? I definitely wish we could have a pre-amp slider available for the EQ.

And while i'm here, a few other remarks :

- It would be nice if the folders selected for scanning library could be kept in memory because always having to re-select the same folders before scanning is a bit annoying
- not sure if it's intended or not but swiping on cover art for changing track in main player (in full screen mode) doesn't seem to consider the current play mode (i mean if you're in shuffle mode, swiping will jump to next song in list instead of random song)
- external m3u playlists that you can access when broswing through folder mode are sorted by date and being able of sorting these alphabetically would be great
- when in 'current playing songs list view', having also the total running time in the top part (in addition of the number of songs) would be a nice info addition too
- having a queue mode would be really nice
- being able of editing / customize the android settings drawer could be very helpful too. i miss eg a quick access shortcut for the sleep timer setting when using other music app than the native Fiio one

Also, i'd like to know if anybody could successfully cast the screen to chromecast because it always fails on my end when trying through Google Home (i always get a 'Casting screen to ... has ended' right after starting the cast). Google Home also states that 'the device is not optimized for casting' but casting through Youtube perfectly works though. And the cast feature of 'Rocket Player' app also works so i kinda doubt the issue with Google home cast would be device or hardware related...

Ok, i think it's already quite a lot so i'll stop here for now. Thanks to all for your help.
Wasn’t sure if it was my imagination but since this FW the volume is lower. I usually listen at about 50 and now it’s more like 62

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #7,778 of 9,286
Going to have to withdraw my compliments. The Artist List Display is now displaying Album Artist, but it's not sorting by it. Still sorting by Artist, mostly. Where the Artist varies, I'm not sure what it's sorting by. Possibly the Artist that would sort the earliest out of all the Artists in that Album.

So, it's grouping by Album Artist, which is what the release notes say. It's just not doing what any sensible device would do and sorting by AA.

This is 1.1.9 of the Fiio Music app.

Try again.

Mar 30, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #7,780 of 9,286
The Artist List Display is now displaying Album Artist, but it's not sorting by it.

That's weird because on my end, the Album Artist grouping and sorting works completely as expected.

I have many compilations albums and all individual artists from those (that i wasn't having anywhere else) were previously listed through the artist list view (which was a bit annoying as it was subsequently increasing the whole artists list with many 1-or-2-songs-only-artists). But with the fw update, plus switching to Album Artist list display, those individuals artists from compilations are not listed anymore, and the compilations are properly sorted among all others by their album_artist tag.

Did you try changing your sorting option (by number of tracks/filename/first letter) through the three dots menu in the upper right corner to see what happens ?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #7,783 of 9,286
Hello,

If everything goes well, the firmware after next one will add this feature.

Best regards

Sirs of Fiio, a days ago I sent you an email to support, asking for some oem screen protectors. I have not had an answer. It is not a complex support question, could you please if you are so kind to answer the email ?

Thanks,

Horacio G.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back