[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 6, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #7,817 of 9,288
I did another hard reset (wiped cache partition) and monitored the Aiprotection on my Asus router. As soon as Google Play services is installed, I login using my gmail account and update the default apps I see a flood of hits to c3.sdkclickurl.com. :astonished:

I haven't had this issue before firmware 1.0.9. :face_palm::rage:

EDIT: downgrading back to 1.0.8.

2020-04-05_12-23-27.jpg

OK.
  • I formatted my SD card and hard reset the M11 again.
  • Setup Wifi.
  • I manually downloaded the 1.0.9 firmware from Fiio, using the chrome browser on the M11
  • Reinstalled 1.0.9 firmware
  • I then installed APKPure from the Fiio store.
  • Updated Play Store to v19.04.14 from APKpure (This also initiated an update to Play Services v20.09.14)
  • Logged into the Play Store using my google account
  • updated apps
Aiprotection on my Asus router got only one hit so far. :spy::cop: I suspect its from APKpure, which i will remove.

2020-04-06_13-50-53.jpg

Apr 6, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #7,818 of 9,288
I did another hard reset (wiped cache partition) and monitored the Aiprotection on my Asus router. As soon as Google Play services is installed, I login using my gmail account and update the default apps I see a flood of hits to c3.sdkclickurl.com. :astonished:

I haven't had this issue before firmware 1.0.9. :face_palm::rage:

EDIT: downgrading back to 1.0.8.
Is it possible this is just status quo for running Google Play? One of the things I've liked about the FiiO is lack of google play, and I intend to disable it with the 1.0.9 update (which I've read is possible). Does the sdkclickurl thing go away if you if you simply disable google play while leaving 1.0.9 active?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #7,820 of 9,288

Not familiar with that router - can you block access to certain web sites? What happens if you do? I am going to try that on mine until I set up a PiHole.

Edit: I blocked [*].sdkclickurl.com and I am not seeing any hits. You sure it's your M11?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #7,821 of 9,288
Not familiar with that router - can you block access to certain web sites? What happens if you do? I am going to try that on mine until I set up a PiHole.

Edit: I blocked [*].sdkclickurl.com and I am not seeing any hits. You sure it's your M11?

Yes, I am sure it's the Fiio M11. My router displays the device name and MAC address (as shown in the pictures)

I don't need to block [*].sdkclickurl.com as the RT-AC86U AI protection already blocks it.

Manually blocking bad sites is not a solution, the device should not be making attempts at all.

Anyway, I am back on Firmware 1.0.8 until the malware is removed from 1.0.9.

Apr 6, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #7,822 of 9,288
Regarding that URL:
Here is a result for virus scanning/malware on that domain:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/...46378209d1e53e5a064d83c3f995a22e810/detection

Only two checkers flag it, for easySwoole. What's that? Here, have a look:
https://www.easyswoole.com/En/Preface/introduction.html

Seems harmless to me, being used by TenCent and a couple of other Chinese companies. There's a chance your router is flagging it simply because it's linked to Chinese usage. This is by no means conclusive proof that there is not something fishy going on, but I have been unable to find conclusive proof that there is, either.

Pretty sure you're worrying over nothing with this one, though there is no judgement in that statement.

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #7,823 of 9,288
Regarding that URL:
armless to me, being used by TenCent and a couple of other Chinese companies. There's a chance your router is flagging it simply because it's linked to Chinese usage. This is by no means conclusive proof that there is not something fishy going on, but I have been unable to find conclusive proof that there is, either.

Pretty sure you're worrying over nothing with this one, though there is no judgement in that statement.

Swoole is a framework for PHP and async streams.We should be concerned if we are sending data we have not explicitly approved to any location.

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #7,824 of 9,288
Anyway, I am back on Firmware 1.0.8 until the malware is removed from 1.0.9.
my solution is simpler, I have WiFi off as default, saves the battery and is not needed in my case.
If my handy updates UAPP, I switch on M11 WiFi for a moment and update. That's all. Could be that maybe my playlist is transferred to someone. So what? There's nothing else to gather on M11 as I don't surf, have no adresses on it, don't call and whatsoever. I just listen to music there. There's not more to see for others, than I share with Tidal and other music service providers.
If I were paranoid, I could deinstall Goggle services, extract the Handy version of UAPP and install it on M11 manually without any network until asked for a moment ...

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #7,826 of 9,288
Many were begging FiiO to add Google Play Services, now they are there, with all pro's and con's.
Besides, for most of us there's no offline life anymore, we use many services and pay with informations.
I can't imagine anything very private, that can be sent from M11 to someone,
Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz, Roon, Google, Apple and Microsoft might know our musical taste as good as FiiO's M11 ...

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #7,827 of 9,288
my solution is simpler, I have WiFi off as default, saves the battery and is not needed in my case.
If my handy updates UAPP, I switch on M11 WiFi for a moment and update. That's all. Could be that maybe my playlist is transferred to someone. So what? There's nothing else to gather on M11 as I don't surf, have no adresses on it, don't call and whatsoever. I just listen to music there. There's not more to see for others, than I share with Tidal and other music service providers.
If I were paranoid, I could deinstall Goggle services, extract the Handy version of UAPP and install it on M11 manually without any network until asked for a moment ...

I only use the Fiio M11 for Tidal BT streaming in car. But I need Wifi to update my playlists.

"switch on M11 WiFi for a moment and update" A moment is all it takes. Also, updating 34 Tidal playlists takes more than a moment.

I use a dummy google account that is only for my Android DAPs that need a google login. (nothing there)

"I could deinstall Goggle services" Yes, back on 1.0.8 with no Google Play again.

I was happy Fiio added Google Play so I didn't need to go to third parties for my Tidal updates. But not at the cost of MY network security. :spy:

This I.T. guy is going to stick to best practices. :scream: :smirk::alien:

P.S. That Shanling M6 is looking very good. (The M6 Pro is coming)

http://en.shanling.com/article-M6Pro.html

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #7,828 of 9,288
Is anyone aware of a workaround for moving an app and its data from internal storage to an sd card?

The app I want to move doesn't have options for changing storage location of offline files.

Edit: I've continued to google this. If I format my sd card will it let me use it as internal storage? Want to confirm this before I waste hours loading up my card again. Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #7,829 of 9,288
P.S. That Shanling M6 is looking very good. (The M6 Pro is coming)
http://en.shanling.com/article-M6Pro.html
A new DAP with a android 7.1, is that still a good choice? knowing of the Fiio problems getting certification for Google Play Service. I am worried that android 7/7.1 will not be supported for long and you lose most of the streaming functionality and are left with an off-line device only. Android 11 is coming soon, should a new DAP not have at least Android 9 / Pie?

Apr 9, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #7,830 of 9,288
You're buying a music device, if you want an Android device, buy a good handy ...
If in two or three years from now Tidal, Spotify or Qobuz will not support Android 7 devices anymore, there's the right time to look for an alternative ...
If you're waiting for an Android 9 / 10 DAP, you will not listen to music for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back