[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 21, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #7,021 of 9,288
Same result unfortunately. Am I right in thinking there is only one Amazon music app? Blue icon?
I wanted to try out Amazon Music HD but obviously it would be a total waste.
I downloaded from the m11. Application, Fiio market, Amazon....

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #7,027 of 9,288
We discussed the FiiO M11 Amazon Music problem (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/amazon-music-problems-on-the-fiio-m11.916710/).
The strange thing is, I have almost the identical problem with Qobuz. As long Qobuz is running it works fine. But if I change to Amazon Music and get it running with the Neutron/HiBy 88.2 kHz trick, Qobuz would not work any longer. And you have to invest as much time in getting Qobuz working again. So far it is the same Neutron/HiBy trick for Qobuz as for the Amazon Music player. As I do not have this problem on my Samsung A8 (2018), please @FiiO investigate and come up with an update to get it right. Thanks.

Dear friend,

Do you mean that the issue happen after running the Amazon Music app? If you run the Qobuz first after turning on the M11, the issue doesn't appear?

Best regards

Sorry, but it is not that easy.
After running Amazon Music, the Qobuz App is not willing to play even if you reboot the M11. You have to restart the Qobuz App several times and inbetween use different third party apps like Onkyo HF or Neutron. After Qobuz has started once the playback, you can shut Qobuz down and restart it and it will not play immediately but will take a while but then start.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #7,028 of 9,288
Sorry, but it is not that easy.
After running Amazon Music, the Qobuz App is not willing to play even if you reboot the M11. You have to restart the Qobuz App several times and inbetween use different third party apps like Onkyo HF or Neutron. After Qobuz has started once the playback, you can shut Qobuz down and restart it and it will not play immediately but will take a while but then start.
Honestly if you’re primarily streaming just use a good phone and a Red or Cobalt. Streaming should be easy and seamless. It is for me (using Tidal only) but if others are problematic maybe reconsider your options.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #7,029 of 9,288
I haven't tried any fixes for the Amazon app, I'm on latest Fiio firmware, latest Amazon music app from APKpure. I sign into Amazon music, I can select music that I have bought but the "buffer" wheel icon just spins and spins when you click play. People have figured a workaround involving playing a certain resolution file in another music app first to get Amazon app to play but obviously this is far from ideal.

Please check this thread and try the suggestion. Looking forward to you feedback.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/amazon-music-and-qobuz-problems-on-the-fiio-m11.916710/

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #7,030 of 9,288
Honestly if you’re primarily streaming just use a good phone and a Red or Cobalt. Streaming should be easy and seamless. It is for me (using Tidal only) but if others are problematic maybe reconsider your options.

Do not get it. I like to have all my Streamed music on the go when walking my dog or going on travels. And obviously one device is very practical for this. Tried e.g. iPhone with iFi DAC but it is just too unpractical. I love the sound of my Sony NW-ZX2 but it is just too old now for Qobuz streaming etc.

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #7,031 of 9,288
So the M11 still cannot play music o. Amazon music HD?

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #7,032 of 9,288

Do not get it. I like to have all my Streamed music on the go when walking my dog or going on travels. And obviously one device is very practical for this. Tried e.g. iPhone with iFi DAC but it is just too unpractical. I love the sound of my Sony NW-ZX2 but it is just too old now for Qobuz streaming etc.

I bought an LG V30 for this specific problem. Streaming is a compromise on the go, period. It always results in cables, fragile sockets, interference, battery issues. The LG quad dac line of phones has full support from UAPP and sounds brilliant. Sorry for the off topic, but these are great all in one solutions. ps... the LG V30 is old now and can be picked up for low prices, but there are a whole host of quad dac solutions from LG designed for the discerning listener :)

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #7,033 of 9,288
I bought an LG V30 for this specific problem. Streaming is a compromise on the go, period. It always results in cables, fragile sockets, interference, battery issues. The LG quad dac line of phones has full support from UAPP and sounds brilliant. Sorry for the off topic, but these are great all in one solutions. ps... the LG V30 is old now and can be picked up for low prices, but there are a whole host of quad dac solutions from LG designed for the discerning listener :)

We have a LG flat screen with so many problems that we had to swap him with a Samsung. We have a LG Blueray player with so many issues that he has become unusable. So my trust in LG products is obviously destroyed and for that very reason I would not buy any LG appliances again, although I have heard several times that the audio quality of the LG V30 is great. In edition, I am using my M11 via SPDIF with my several Meier Audio DACs in my Pilates studio and at home. While SPDIF works flawlessly with his DACs, the USB support is more fragile. So this was for me and an important reason to buy the FiiO M9 and now M11.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #7,035 of 9,288
No, it can. But you have to have patience and restart it several times and play shortly a 88.2 kHz track inbetween with a third party app like Neutron, HiBy or Onkyo HF to bring the Amazon Music app in the right mood.
Interesting. Don’t think I have any tracks in 88.2 kHz

I’ve tried 24/192 and it doesn’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back