[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 27, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #6,736 of 9,288
All my 19500 aac files on iTunes have artwork, these files with artwork have been copied to micro card and used I Cowon Plenue player and every single one had its artwork there in the player. Using the same card in the M11 all the songs are there but not all the artwork is showing. When I view the card on Mac with file explorer every music album folder has still got the artwork. It seems that the M11 just does not like some of the artwork and has "censored" it and will not show it when playing. Still mystified, it does the same with some flac albums as well and I know these all have artwork too. It must be the Fiio music program??

Odd. I copied everything from my iTunes folder structure to my two 400GB cards and all album art is shown without issue in both FiiO player and Poweramp on the M11. Not sure what the issue is if you have embedded all art work in each individual track.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #6,737 of 9,288
It's probably a FIIO app issue.

When I had my music card in my phone and open up the image app, it's showed up all the artwork on the card. Including back covers, CD images and others.
Open up pulsar and some of the covers were missing because they were not named as indicated previously as cover or front.

Hopefully a fix to download artwork appears soon.

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #6,738 of 9,288
It's probably a FIIO app issue.

When I had my music card in my phone and open up the image app, it's showed up all the artwork on the card. Including back covers, CD images and others.
Open up pulsar and some of the covers were missing because they were not named as indicated previously as cover or front.

Hopefully a fix to download artwork appears soon.
It would be nice if the FiiO app showed album covers in Folder browse mode too, and not just the generic icon. It shows the album art for the playing song, but not for the list of tracks in folder mode. FiiO Music needs an overhaul to 2019 standards and all will be well :)

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #6,739 of 9,288
Odd. I copied everything from my iTunes folder structure to my two 400GB cards and all album art is shown without issue in both FiiO player and Poweramp on the M11. Not sure what the issue is if you have embedded all art work in each individual track.
Probably have to wait for a Fiio fix? Thanks for your info...

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #6,741 of 9,288
Coming from iOS, this is my first Android device, therefore please forgive my Android newbie question.
When I connect the iPhone though bluetooth to the speakers, the volume control on the iPhone controls also device's volume control and vice versa. When I connect the M11 to the same BT speakers, I have two separate volume controls, meaning adjusting the volume on M11 doesn't affect speakers' own volume control. This makes the sound quite soft, or I have to turn the M11 to the max. I was looking for some bluetooth volume settings but couldn't find any. Help appreciated.

Perhaps I don't understand your issue as you describe it, but I have had zero problem with my M11 controlling the volume of my bluetooth speakers. It also controls the volume of my 40 year old receiver receiving the output of a Blu-dento HD bluetooth receiver over rca jack.

The speakers and stereo I turn up to some present volume, then the rest of the adjustments I make from my M11.

Good luck.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #6,742 of 9,288
Hi,

I'm so sorry if this has been covered before but I just can't seem to find a straight answer.

Does the M11 support MQA files?

Thanks!

Michael

According to the FiiO website, MQA support in 8x mode is available on FiiO Music application for the M11 Pro, and will be available to third-party applications in a future firmware update. For the M11, no support for MQA at this time.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #6,743 of 9,288
Sorry but does that mean that when you save the info to your micro card it isn’t recognised on the M11? Or just that you cannot do it directly to the M11?

Thanks

No. Music is still on card and associated artwork. And working fine

MediaMonkey android app does not load on m11 because it needs Google play services, which is not supported on the M11.

I do all my tagging and sync-ing with M11 on my PC using windows version of the app.

Sorry for any confusion.

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #6,744 of 9,288
Perhaps I don't understand your issue as you describe it, but I have had zero problem with my M11 controlling the volume of my bluetooth speakers. It also controls the volume of my 40 year old receiver receiving the output of a Blu-dento HD bluetooth receiver over rca jack.

The speakers and stereo I turn up to some present volume, then the rest of the adjustments I make from my M11.

Good luck.
Something is wrong with the volume transmission. If I connect any of the iOS devices to the bluetooth speaker and set the volume to let's say 50%, it sounds decently loud. Without changing the volume on the bluetooth speakers, connecting the M11 with the same volume setting of 50%, it sound at least 4-5 times softer.

Sep 27, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #6,745 of 9,288
Something is wrong with the volume transmission. If I connect any of the iOS devices to the bluetooth speaker and set the volume to let's say 50%, it sounds decently loud. Without changing the volume on the bluetooth speakers, connecting the M11 with the same volume setting of 50%, it sound at least 4-5 times softer.
Yes. I first experienced this with the M9, when the volume was so soft on my car’s BT system I could hardly hear it until I maxed it out on the M9. Was hoping the M11 would be different but it’s the same.

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #6,746 of 9,288
Hi,

I'm so sorry if this has been covered before but I just can't seem to find a straight answer.

Does the M11 support MQA files?

Thanks!

Michael

I also cant find straight answer. Because when i play tidal i can play on master ( MQA ) but cant find if got update or is just bug or when you klik on master it stil flac 16bit/44khz

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #6,747 of 9,288
I also cant find straight answer. Because when i play tidal i can play on master ( MQA ) but cant find if got update or is just bug or when you klik on master it stil flac 16bit/44khz
You should read up on how MQA works. Every Tidal app supports MQA, but only the first unfold. So what you’re hearing is a semi-lossy version of the 24/96 file, that won’t sound better than a lossless hi-res flac file, or even a non-MQA lossless file. Only if the device is MQA certified does it do the second unfold, to a lossless file with up to 24/384 resolution. The M11 can’t do this, and the M11 Pro can only do this for MQA files played back through the FiiO Music app, NOT through Tidal.

Not to stoke the fire but I still think MQA is a marketing gimmick, and you’re better off playing normal 16/44.1 or hi-res flac files because even with full hardware support you’re likely never going to hear the difference.

Sep 28, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #6,748 of 9,288
You should read up on how MQA works. Every Tidal app supports MQA, but only the first unfold. So what you’re hearing is a semi-lossy version of the 24/96 file, that won’t sound better than a lossless hi-res flac file, or even a non-MQA lossless file. Only if the device is MQA certified does it do the second unfold, to a lossless file with up to 24/384 resolution. The M11 can’t do this, and the M11 Pro can only do this for MQA files played back through the FiiO Music app, NOT through Tidal.

Not to stoke the fire but I still think MQA is a marketing gimmick, and you’re better off playing normal 16/44.1 or hi-res flac files because even with full hardware support you’re likely never going to hear the difference.
Agreed, the idea that MQA sounds better is really unfounded and there are sound and waveform experts that actually have looked at what MQA does and believe it can make the file sound worse. I get that people are desperate to find these little magic bullets that will somehow reveal a new level of detail, but this just leaves people open and suggestable to marketing gimmicks. Even a properly encoded 320mp3 file will sound transparent to the user so not sure what MQA is supposed to magically reveal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back