1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last
  1. JLW654
    I am in the same boat with my headphones, as you describe the M11 has to be on max volume when on Bluetooth and the volume is controlled by the headphones. They do not move in unison as I have been used to previously and unless the M11 volume is on max the headphone volume is very low even on max headphone vol. hope this makes sense, it seems to be a quirk of the Fiio Bluetooth.

2. Airsculpture
    Odd. I copied everything from my iTunes folder structure to my two 400GB cards and all album art is shown without issue in both FiiO player and Poweramp on the M11. Not sure what the issue is if you have embedded all art work in each individual track.

3. Mybutthurts
    It's probably a FIIO app issue.

When I had my music card in my phone and open up the image app, it's showed up all the artwork on the card. Including back covers, CD images and others.
    Open up pulsar and some of the covers were missing because they were not named as indicated previously as cover or front.

Hopefully a fix to download artwork appears soon.

4. gLer
    It would be nice if the FiiO app showed album covers in Folder browse mode too, and not just the generic icon. It shows the album art for the playing song, but not for the list of tracks in folder mode. FiiO Music needs an overhaul to 2019 standards and all will be well :)

5. JLW654
    Probably have to wait for a Fiio fix? Thanks for your info...

6. MichaelOH
    Hi,

I'm so sorry if this has been covered before but I just can't seem to find a straight answer.

Does the M11 support MQA files?

Thanks!

Michael

7. jdtenny
    Perhaps I don't understand your issue as you describe it, but I have had zero problem with my M11 controlling the volume of my bluetooth speakers. It also controls the volume of my 40 year old receiver receiving the output of a Blu-dento HD bluetooth receiver over rca jack.

The speakers and stereo I turn up to some present volume, then the rest of the adjustments I make from my M11.

Good luck.

8. vibin247
    According to the FiiO website, MQA support in 8x mode is available on FiiO Music application for the M11 Pro, and will be available to third-party applications in a future firmware update. For the M11, no support for MQA at this time.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  9. Mybutthurts
    No. Music is still on card and associated artwork. And working fine

MediaMonkey android app does not load on m11 because it needs Google play services, which is not supported on the M11.

I do all my tagging and sync-ing with M11 on my PC using windows version of the app.

Sorry for any confusion.

10. DjBobby
    Something is wrong with the volume transmission. If I connect any of the iOS devices to the bluetooth speaker and set the volume to let's say 50%, it sounds decently loud. Without changing the volume on the bluetooth speakers, connecting the M11 with the same volume setting of 50%, it sound at least 4-5 times softer.

11. gLer
    Yes. I first experienced this with the M9, when the volume was so soft on my car’s BT system I could hardly hear it until I maxed it out on the M9. Was hoping the M11 would be different but it’s the same.

12. Robin82nl
    I also cant find straight answer. Because when i play tidal i can play on master ( MQA ) but cant find if got update or is just bug or when you klik on master it stil flac 16bit/44khz

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  13. gLer
    You should read up on how MQA works. Every Tidal app supports MQA, but only the first unfold. So what you’re hearing is a semi-lossy version of the 24/96 file, that won’t sound better than a lossless hi-res flac file, or even a non-MQA lossless file. Only if the device is MQA certified does it do the second unfold, to a lossless file with up to 24/384 resolution. The M11 can’t do this, and the M11 Pro can only do this for MQA files played back through the FiiO Music app, NOT through Tidal.

Not to stoke the fire but I still think MQA is a marketing gimmick, and you’re better off playing normal 16/44.1 or hi-res flac files because even with full hardware support you’re likely never going to hear the difference.

14. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Agreed, the idea that MQA sounds better is really unfounded and there are sound and waveform experts that actually have looked at what MQA does and believe it can make the file sound worse. I get that people are desperate to find these little magic bullets that will somehow reveal a new level of detail, but this just leaves people open and suggestable to marketing gimmicks. Even a properly encoded 320mp3 file will sound transparent to the user so not sure what MQA is supposed to magically reveal.

mandrake50 and JRichardson1228 like this.
  15. Airsculpture
    only if they aren’t embedded in the actual tracks. If embedded it doesn’t matter obviously

First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last