[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 27, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #4,936 of 9,288
I just received my leather Fiio case and it must be a newer version.

The hole is now in the bottom of the case so there is no issue with the M11 sliding out when you insert jacks/charger.

The M11 is also very very snug and doesn’t slide out easily at all!

Very happy as I was expecting the other version that folks have been complaining about :)

Nice, just ordered this last night.

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #4,938 of 9,288
Yes I know where the option is, I was asking what the procedure was I.e.
1. Reset then scan or
2. Scan then reset ?

Sorry lol Option 1 reset Data then rescan :)

Juj

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #4,943 of 9,288
Hello, thank you for your answers. I just tested it again. The M11 was cold and then I connected the headphones, over 3.5mm and listened to about 3 hours of online radio. Battery consumption was about 25%. This is almost identical to the M9. The M11 has warmed up. But didn't get hot. Overnight I have about 2-3% battery consumption in StandBy. There is no headphones connected and Bluetooth is off. Online music app is open in the background. That's what it looks like for me. I think the warming is definitely coming through the amplifiers. Since in Bluetooth mode, the M11 remains completely cold. As I said, the battery consumption in operation and StandBy, in my opinion could be better and does not match the promised values of FiiO. However, I rule out a technical defect. Because the M9 behaves almost identically. And that I caught two defective devices at the same time, that's rather unlikely. Thanks to everyone again. Greeting.

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #4,944 of 9,288
More pics to show that Neuteon doesn't have to look like an hairy ass.

How do change the background? and what color setting do you have?

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #4,945 of 9,288
Hello, thank you for your answers. I just tested it again. The M11 was cold and then I connected the headphones, over 3.5mm and listened to about 3 hours of online radio. Battery consumption was about 25%. This is almost identical to the M9. The M11 has warmed up. But didn't get hot. Overnight I have about 2-3% battery consumption in StandBy. There is no headphones connected and Bluetooth is off. Online music app is open in the background. That's what it looks like for me. I think the warming is definitely coming through the amplifiers. Since in Bluetooth mode, the M11 remains completely cold. As I said, the battery consumption in operation and StandBy, in my opinion could be better and does not match the promised values of FiiO. However, I rule out a technical defect. Because the M9 behaves almost identically. And that I caught two defective devices at the same time, that's rather unlikely. Thanks to everyone again. Greeting.

Um 25% in 3 hours is 12 hours per charge, and I'm sure under ideal circumstances 13 hours would achieved. And the drain in standby mode is pretty good also.

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #4,946 of 9,288
How do change the background? and what color setting do you have?

User interface settings, System background- under that check use system wallpaper for backgrounds.

20190727_110619.jpg

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #4,949 of 9,288
Hi I have just done the upgrade and my app drawer seems to have gone !
I realise I am expecting a bit much to expect answers to a whole series of questions but if you know the answer to any of these would anyone kindly tell me please :)

If I hit the link to the FiiO player left over from the previous version do I get the same player as in pure music mode ?

Has anyone run Nova launcher successfully or I am I best staying with stock ?

The Viper hifi widget that I thought I deleted when I uninstalled viper has reappeared. Is it going to cause any problems if I delete it again ?

The M11 must be selling well as this thread is getting so busy it is hard to keep up. Glad I read that advise from BRPunk though about learning one player at a time as I can now let my Neutron trial quietly expire without feeling guilty for not getting the most out of it. Great advice - thanks :)

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #4,950 of 9,288
Here is a question I have bee pondering with for the last couple days, and could use some inputs / thoughts on:
I am looking for a transport for my DAC/Amp (Woo Audio WA11). Been considering the FiiO M11 (I got older FiiO DAPs, and am a fan of FiiO) or an Android phone, that with 400GB microSD card or something like a used Samsung Note 9 with built-in 512GB...
Now, I understand the M11 can double as a stand-alone DAP, but if using ONLY as transport - does it have ANY advantage over say the Note 9 ?
Price: would be relatively close (granted, new M11 + big microSD card vs. used Note 9 with no need for microSD card).
Flexibility: Note 9 runs newer (latest) Android, got access to ALL Google Play services (and app store)
UI/UX: Note 9 got bigger and better display obviously, and is faster (although I understand M11 is not lagging at all)
Sound: Since I plan to use USB-C output (i.e. digital) with both, I am bypassing DAC and built-in amp, so I would think it is a tie here.

Am I missing anything? Any advantages to M11 over the Note 9 when used as transport only?
I do NOT need the 2nd microSD slot (since the Note 9 already got 512GB onboard plus 1 microSD slot).

Thanks for any thoughts / feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back