[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 14, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #4,053 of 9,288
I will try that. I didn't have to do that on my phone so didn't think of it.

Thanks for trying to help BTW. :)

No problem! All this discussion about Neutron got me and I ended up buying one myself. This authentication method (and purchase experience in general) is unnecessarily cumbersome... I'll be upset if the audio experience does not compensate for the trouble :)

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #4,054 of 9,288
Exactly. No idea. The guide that was posted yesterday is very common knowledge stuff and it seemed to work for everyone, but it is not working for me. As I said the neutron player wont allow me to actually put in the information I need to verify my email. Even if I delete their server address and put in the correct one, as soon as I hit enter it automatically adds in the wrong address before the correct address.

Only thing I can think of at this point is that the version I have downloaded is the wrong one. I just paid for and followed the link they gave me. Had to go to bed last night, but will play with it later.

BTW It downloaded the NEON ver for me.
NEON is supposed to be faster

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #4,055 of 9,288
I will try that. I didn't have to do that on my phone so didn't think of it.

Thanks for trying to help BTW. :)

I tried the pop method and it worked.

pop.gmail.com

Then I just put my email address in and then my password, I tried imap too but that didn't work. Oh I did have to change the setting in gmail to accept less safer apps .

Yes cumbersome, but it's a nice app.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #4,056 of 9,288
Is the sound any better or is it just the features like the E.Q. that people use Nutron for?

Sorry if this is aquestion thats been asked b4

Juj

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #4,057 of 9,288
No problem! All this discussion about Neutron got me and I ended up buying one myself. This authentication method (and purchase experience in general) is unnecessarily cumbersome... I'll be upset if the audio experience does not compensate for the trouble :)

I tried the pop method and it worked.

pop.gmail.com

Then I just put my email address in and then my password, I tried imap too but that didn't work.

Yes cumbersome, but it's a nice app.

Got it working on Ojisans suggestion. I had to imaps:// in front of the imap-derp.derpy.com. I figured I was missing something. Anyway arigatou Ojisan. Im hoping that your name is Japanese for Old Man. When I lived in Japan, there were lots of Ojisan and Babachan everywhere. :0

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #4,060 of 9,288
Got it working on Ojisans suggestion. I had to imaps:// in front of the imap-derp.derpy.com. I figured I was missing something. Anyway arigatou Ojisan. Im hoping that your name is Japanese for Old Man. When I lived in Japan, there were lots of Ojisan and Babachan everywhere. :0

Douitashimashite! Yes I’m just another ojisan here, hehehe

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #4,064 of 9,288

Glad you're good to go.

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #4,065 of 9,288
Wow its nice to have Neutron. As an Ojisan myself I just mainly listen to full albums based on mood, and I browse through folder mode to do it. It sounds great and the PEQ is one of the most extensive, or maybe the most extensive you can get. I dunno. Personally could care less if it looks outdated.

That said, I feel though that Fiio has some magic sauce in its app. Its sounds wider and airier to me. Hiby is less bassy and less thick and Neutron is more bassy then both. All of them sound great though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back