[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 14, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #4,081 of 9,288
I just tried tried listening to the M11 while it was charging and got blasted with the extremely loud 90’s modem noise!

My ears are still hurting- especially as I was using my CA Solaris which are extremely sensitive.

(BTW this was not an ‘accidentally set it to line out’ issue, it’s a bug and I can replicate it)

This is such a serious issue and it is certainly breaking safety regulations! Has there been any official work from Fiio on this?

I have never experienced anything like this before with any of the technology I own. Really disappointed!

Sad to hear this...

I agree this is a very dangerous bug!! I thought I was the only one for a while... it’s a matter of time until some poor soul with sensitive ears will hurt their hearing. This is an absolute no-no for a dap.

Jul 14, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #4,082 of 9,288
thank you for all the prompt and well advised replies regarding my android version and ipod replacement question! Legends!

fairly green on these DAPs so excuse my basic question but what do you use to organise the music on the pc for an android DAP instead of itunes. I hate itunes so much!

looks like once I get this m11 I also need to get the neutron music player and a new set of Bluetooth in ear headphones :wink:

No need for iTunes this time. If you have your music in folders, then just copy or paste them to the M11 (internal memory or SD card). You're good to go. And unless you need Neutron's other features, you'll be good to go with the Fiio Music app. :)

Jul 14, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #4,084 of 9,288
When music from FiiO Music app is playing and I kill other apps (including Spotify) by swiping right, the music stops playing without reasons. Any solutions?

This is a known bug and it will happen as well if you close Google Chrome while Fiio Music is active. On a personal message with Fiio via FB, I was told they'll be addressing this on the next firmware. Now it turns out other apps are triggering this behavior too, not just Google Chrome. Thanks for the info!

@JamesFiiO

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #4,085 of 9,288
How effective is replay Gain on the M11? If I keep it on all the time for for tracks will it keep me from constantly having to change my volume? I have so many different genres of music that Im always spinning the volume wheel. Is there any downside to keeping it on all the time?

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #4,086 of 9,288
How effective is replay Gain on the M11? If I keep it on all the time for for tracks will it keep me from constantly having to change my volume? I have so many different genres of music that Im always spinning the volume wheel. Is there any downside to keeping it on all the time?

Not so effective, in the sense that different music are just mastered differently, some just significantly louder than others. If you're going to use it, I suggest you keep it at the "Album" gain setting. Works more consistently based on experience. No harm in keeping it on.

Other suggestions:
1. Try a different music app if you find the Replay Gain in Fiio Music ineffective. Hiby works well in this regard.
2. Listen at lower volumes so nothing jumps at you. :)

Hope this helps.

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #4,087 of 9,288
Sad to hear this...

I agree this is a very dangerous bug!! I thought I was the only one for a while... it’s a matter of time until some poor soul with sensitive ears will hurt their hearing. This is an absolute no-no for a dap.

Not relevant to M11 but I recently experienced something similar while using my Acoustic Research M20 dap. It was not only excruciating but psychologically traumatizing, ie scared to use the darn thing for several days. Perhaps I am that “poor soul,” or at least among them. The trust we put into these devices is astounding, especially given the almost invasive intimacy of iems

Jul 15, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #4,088 of 9,288
This is a known bug and it will happen as well if you close Google Chrome while Fiio Music is active. On a personal message with Fiio via FB, I was told they'll be addressing this on the next firmware. Now it turns out other apps are triggering this behavior too, not just Google Chrome. Thanks for the info!

@JamesFiiO
Hi, we have already fixed it and may release the new firmware in this month.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 15, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #4,089 of 9,288
Hi, we have already fixed it and may release the new firmware in this month.

@WianFiiO I am glad you have fixed this issue however another 2 to 3 weeks till this rolled out to end users is very sad indeed :frowning2: This issue has made the M11 unuseable when it's charging.

Would it be posible to roll out a hotfix for just this issue?

Regards

Juj

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #4,090 of 9,288
@WianFiiO I am glad you have fixed this issue however another 2 to 3 weeks till this rolled out to end users is very sad indeed :frowning2: This issue has made the M11 unuseable when it's charging.

Would it be posible to roll out a hotfix for just this issue?

Regards

Juj

I think that was in response to the Music stopping when other apps are closed. Not about the really serious issue we've been talking about?!?

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #4,091 of 9,288
I think that was in response to the Music stopping when other apps are closed. Not about the really serious issue we've been talking about?!?

I hope not that would suck harder than henry the hoover.

Juj

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #4,093 of 9,288
Fiio, what about the mos deaf bug? The one that blasts your eardrums?

Pharoahe Monch is required I belive for it to full work :)

Juj

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #4,094 of 9,288
Oh and people, remember when your looking at those ultra high snr ratios of dacs, it would have to be THAT (eardrum shattering) loud to realize that number.

Just marketing fluff, the output circuit/amp and the low pass filter are what really matters. Any modern dac has specs well beyond human hearing.

That's why you can get a ESS to sound warm - hiby r6, r3 and a 'velvet sound' AK to sound cold and reference sounding - shanling m3s. What type of dac isn't that important, Sony doesn't even use one :wink:

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #4,095 of 9,288
Oh and people, remember when your looking at those ultra high snr ratios of dacs, it would have to be THAT (eardrum shattering) loud to realize that number.

Just marketing fluff, the output circuit/amp and the low pass filter are what really matters. Any modern dac has specs well beyond human hearing.

That's why you can get a ESS to sound warm - hiby r6, r3 and a 'velvet sound' AK to sound cold and reference sounding - shanling m3s. What type of dac isn't that important, Sony doesn't even use one :wink:

I agree with you but found the R6 to be ice cold needed a boat load of eq to really enjoy lol

Juj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back