[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 13, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #2,896 of 9,288
Something I've been wondering is why there is such a focus on the sound of devices/headphones/iems? Can't we just adjust the EQ to change it up? I realize that some are more capable and the emphasis is still different from product to product, but if something is too harsh in its treble or too muddy in the bass can't you change the EQ accordingly?

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #2,897 of 9,288
Something I've been wondering is why there is such a focus on the sound of devices/headphones/iems? Can't we just adjust the EQ to change it up? I realize that some are more capable and the emphasis is still different from product to product, but if something is too harsh in its treble or too muddy in the bass can't you change the EQ accordingly?

Some call that heresy LOL

Juj

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,898 of 9,288
So with t2 if some bass available then i think it's quite good as tin2 i have and they isn't bass elevated at all so it should be quite flat with m11 and really neutral. So with bassier iems it should be plenty of lows then. I am looking for such as you expereince as i will receive m11 in a month so deciding if it is ok for who loves some good bass (not bass head level actually).
So thanks

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,900 of 9,288
Many have self impose rules never to use eq, like many Super Heros who dont want to use their powers, they wine they want to be a normal human. I on the other hand would be banging all the women if I had super powers. Well I dont have super powers but I have the power to increase the bass through EQ. Yeah yeah yeah one can eq by using different headphones, I do that too.

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #2,902 of 9,288
I prefer hardware tuning not software playing taht usually not so good equalizer so default tuning of the dap is quite important for me. Of course headphones says final words in sound but still.
That depends on the dap, its not absolute that all, every dap its bad to eq. But I dont listen to piano and flutes.

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #2,903 of 9,288
That depends on the dap, its not absolute that all, every dap its bad to eq. But I dont listen to piano and flutes.
not absolute but in mid tier daps i don't see many daps that have really good implemented software eq. M11 as i understand also don't have so good equalizer that i could sleep calmly knowing that bass equalization is properly done. :) But i am perhaps from those who could live without poor eq than to touch some even if it is there. Poor eq is evil :)

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,904 of 9,288
not absolute but in mid tier daps i don't see many daps that have really good implemented software eq. M11 as i understand also don't have so good equalizer that i could sleep calmly knowing that bass equalization is properly done. :) But i am perhaps from those who could live without poor eq than to touch some even if it is there. Poor eq is evil :)
So from your comment which high tier has good eq ?

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #2,906 of 9,288
The good ol' FiiO X3 had hardware Bass and Treble control. Not DSP EQ.

Not high end by any means, but messing with those settings felt so organic, so good.
Yeah, I have 2 of those, but that was oppositte of his comment.

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #2,907 of 9,288
So from your comment which high tier has good eq ?
comes to my mind Lotoo Paw Gold or even cheaper lotoo but this is not in my reaching possibility because of the price and with cheaper fiio i had possibility to be friends -equalizers wasn't actually doing properly what they had.
Cheap es100 dac even this had more control in his eq level. Had good experience with fiio dacs that had hardware bass boosting.

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,909 of 9,288
The good ol' FiiO X3 had hardware Bass and Treble control. Not DSP EQ.

Not high end by any means, but messing with those settings felt so organic, so good.
that's why hardware level is better than software. It of course not the rule but usually it is more organic and natural. Even my k3 has really good bass boost hardware eq. If m11 could have this i would be really happy but now will be available to use different software and this is much better then my restricted m9 which had only default poor eq. Not worth to even touch.

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #2,910 of 9,288
Long winters are the reason why...
A few pints of heavy, followed by a bottle of Bucky. And sleep through it.
:zzz:

Ironically its made in Devon the old tonic wine lol

Juj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back