[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 13, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2,853 of 9,288
Have you tried or had any experience with the M6. Im wondering if based on sound quality alone the M11 is really 3 times better than the M6 ?
That’s not how audio gear pricing works and you know that. Especially with daps, where SQ is just one part of the package (an important part but just one of many). At some point you also hit the wall of diminishing returns, where every doubling in price only gets you a few percentage points of ‘improvement’.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #2,854 of 9,288
That’s not how audio gear pricing works and you know that. Especially with daps, where SQ is just one part of the package (an important part but just one of many). At some point you also hit the wall of diminishing returns, where every doubling in price only gets you a few percentage points of ‘improvement’.
All technology works like this. The more expensive you get, the better the product is but the difference in price points becomes lessened. The newer technology is leaps and bounds more expensive than the standard at the time, then a new one comes out and what was the premium becomes the standard. No wonder people don't have money :darthsmile:

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #2,855 of 9,288
My brain couldn't cope in a city that size.

Grew up on the Island of sky population 5000 hahaha

Juj
Im from Miami Beach where I went swimming 5 days a week. Been in Hong Kong since 2007.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #2,856 of 9,288
Doesnt need, Its more I want. Look at it this way I will buy a second N8 cause its that good. I like bass and Im using headphobes. A cellphone can push sone of the headphones but you aint going to get everything the headphone can give. The N8 can give 700 mw which is plenty but I like more when Im walking in a tiny city filled with 8 million people come to HK standing room only in buses, trains and ferrys. With the m11 an amp for me was a must.
Lol! I don’t think I’d last more than a day in an environment like that. When I lived in Sydney I used to wait at work until late just to avoid having to stand in the train. Thankfully where I live now I either work from home or travel by car.

I know you love your TH-900s but wow, in conditions like that, IEM only, no? Not only much easier to drive but also much easier to carry. Get yourself an Empire Legend-X if you must have that head shaking bass.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #2,857 of 9,288
Have you tried or had any experience with the M6. Im wondering if based on sound quality alone the M11 is really 3 times better than the M6 ?

Yes m6 is weak sounding compared to the open and clear/powerful sound of the m11. The old adage of lifting a veil fits perfectly. Better lows, mids, especially highs and a bigger more holographic sound stage and dynamics.

M6 is great for on the go and bluetooth, but m11 is another couple of levels up. M6 sounds extremely flat and compressed when compared to m11.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #2,858 of 9,288
Im from Miami Beach where I went swimming 5 days a week. Been in Hong Kong since 2007.

Beautiful I bet and defo not the gloomy back waters of Scotland where we have 2 audio shops hahaha (that I trust)

Juj

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #2,861 of 9,288
Lol! I don’t think I’d last more than a day in an environment like that. When I lived in Sydney I used to wait at work until late just to avoid having to stand in the train. Thankfully where I live now I either work from home or travel by car.

I know you love your TH-900s but wow, in conditions like that, IEM only, no? Not only much easier to drive but also much easier to carry. Get yourself an Empire Legend-X if you must have that head shaking bass.
Well iems are much easier. I had 18 ciems and double that in iems. In time I got tired of fitting the iem into my ear, changing tips, refitting ciems and getting sweating driping between my iem and my ciem. Also no iem can match the th900. One came very close and that was the jvc 10000 . Bass well Aurisonics 2.5 with a 1,500 usd upgrade cable really had the bass, but the jvc has the soundstage, details, treble, smooth layered mids.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #2,862 of 9,288
You guys have crazy strong beer though. I downed a 750 of some strong Scottish ale, skullcracker? And went comatose. Was very malty and delicious.

Booze aye we are good at that for some reason lol

Juj

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #2,863 of 9,288

The first and main reason for choosing the M11 over M6 and M9 is the output power. That was very important to me, as I like using headphones rather than IEs.

Second, because of the better SoC (UI performance and no need for a whitelist)

And about sound quality, I usually don’t really hear the differences people talk about. Give me the Output power I need, and I’m usually happy.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #2,864 of 9,288
My brain couldn't cope in a city that size.

Grew up on the Island of sky population 5000 hahaha

Juj

Does David ike live there now? Or is that isle o

It's a huge difference betwixt those 2 though. The amp section on the m11 is WAY more powerful. I mean the m6 still sounds good but once you hear m11 or wm1a or dx220 you hear all the benefits of the increased clean power.

Is it worth 3 times as much on sq alone? Probably not. But, you can actually drive bigger headphones without an amp, have a big gorgeous screen to use, and have every type of input and use more than the white listed apps of m6.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #2,865 of 9,288
Dentist says I have to eat 'soft' foods for a week. Well I'm singularly keeping my sonic in business this week :wink: Delicious and Nutritious!

20190613_102115.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back