[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 13, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #2,836 of 9,286
You're talking about an asian device. Almost nobody uses Google Play over there but other markets. It's Neutron or UAPP that should offer license alternatives for non-Google Play users. The later refuses to do it while it is possible to use Neutron buying it off-Google Play. I think you can email them about your problem and they'll be happy to help if you have a license.
You mean China.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #2,837 of 9,286
Thats sad. What should I do with a "Android System" without Google Play store support?? Nearly any (paid) app will need that to running correctly and with full functionality. All the great Audio Players (Neutron, UAPP, HD-Onkyo Player) need an valid Google account.
My Neutron says after 5 days that I need to activate it, but I cannot do that with the M11.

Fiio says "....it's your choice. With an modern Android OS you can use any player that you want".
How??

Sorry, but in my opinion this is unacceptable for a brand new released device in 2019

Seriously you didn't know it didn't have Google support before you bought it? Fiio made it pretty clear, and it's been gone over ad nauseam on the thread.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #2,838 of 9,286
51078406_2150627938314262_932034271146810501_n.jpg

Thanks Swiss Toni

Juj

Can't argue with Swiss Tony.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #2,839 of 9,286
I'm using Sony's Music app. I like it enough and I'm familiar enough with it due to my extensive list of Xperia devices. Plus the EQ is more straightforward, the FiiO one feels SO random.

It is not compatible with DSD file, but I don't have any aside from a few test files.

According to the FiiO rep here on the forum, any 3rd party app bypassed the Android audio resampling step, right? Just making sure.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #2,840 of 9,286
I wonder if the m11 pro will be the same exact design, but just with THX. aaa.,? I would think so.
Yes but with AK4497 dac chips. So it’ll probably be slightly more powerful and definitely more expensive. How much more expensive will determine my level of interest. THX amp tech is great, but it’s also been called cold and clinical. Await with interest to hear FiiO’s implementation. The new THX amp modules are shipping now so we should get an idea soon enough.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #2,841 of 9,286
Yes but with AK4497 dac chips. So it’ll probably be slightly more powerful and definitely more expensive. How much more expensive will determine my level of interest. THX amp tech is great, but it’s also been called cold and clinical. Await with interest to hear FiiO’s implementation. The new THX amp modules are shipping now so we should get an idea soon enough.

True, I don't like it too clinical. I was wondering if the physical design would be the same. But now that I think about it, yes it will probably be identical.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #2,842 of 9,286
gLer, why do you think that if mainly using Tidal that M11 is overkill? Particularly using Tidal Hi-Fi ?

I am using the M11 and Tidal Hi-Fi only, dont have many flac files. However my understanding is Tidal Hi-Fi offline is equivalent to FLAC files
I suppose if you’re using offline extensively then the M11 makes sense. I was thinking of mainly streaming, in which case a good phone will likely be more than enough. Offline quality is very good. Streaming quality is hit and miss, even in Hi-Fi mode.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #2,844 of 9,286
This certainly isn’t the first time that I buy stuff (especially headphones/HiFi-equipment) without being convinced the price tag fits the product. And yes, I know that there might be the argument, that if I want to buy something else similar to the M11, I have to pay a lot more. That doesn't make it better but still one reason why I’m keeping it.
Have you tried or had any experience with the M6. Im wondering if based on sound quality alone the M11 is really 3 times better than the M6 ?

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #2,846 of 9,286
Purely out of interest but why does a $3k+ dap need an external amp? Never quite understood that.
Doesnt need, Its more I want. Look at it this way I will buy a second N8 cause its that good. I like bass and Im using headphobes. A cellphone can push sone of the headphones but you aint going to get everything the headphone can give. The N8 can give 700 mw which is plenty but I like more when Im walking in a tiny city filled with 8 million people come to HK standing room only in buses, trains and ferrys. With the m11 an amp for me was a must.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #2,847 of 9,286
That's inaccurate. It's FiiO that didn't got the certification from Google, claiming devices with 7.x and 8.x are not getting it. Hiby had no problems getting it. And if your device is certified you can enjoy Google Play. I have an old Nexus 7 with... Android 4.4 I believe, running Google Play flawlessly.
That is accurate because Google recently (after the R6 Pro was released) cut off Google Play support for all Android versions other than 9 in new devices. Samsung does not support Android 9 for Exynos 7872. What is FiiO supposed to do?

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #2,849 of 9,286
Thats sad. What should I do with a "Android System" without Google Play store support?? Nearly any (paid) app will need that to running correctly and with full functionality. All the great Audio Players (Neutron, UAPP, HD-Onkyo Player) need an valid Google account.
My Neutron says after 5 days that I need to activate it, but I cannot do that with the M11.

Fiio says "....it's your choice. With an modern Android OS you can use any player that you want".
How??

Sorry, but in my opinion this is unacceptable for a brand new released device in 2019
You can buy most players (and other apps) outside the Google Play Store (direct from the developer). For example: http://neutronmp.com/activate.html

UAPP is one of the few that you can’t, and the developer refuses to change that despite repeated requests. App developers should give you an alternate way of buying their apps, otherwise every Android user becomes a slave to Google and Google Play. Isn’t that completely opposite to the concept of open source?

Maybe email Google and ask them why they won’t certify devices using older versions of Android?

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #2,850 of 9,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back