FiiO K3 • The Review Tour of FiiO K3 All-new Headphone Amplifier & USB-C DAC
Feb 10, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #121 of 170
I would mainly use it for my desktop setup with my AKG K702 65th. I don't care that much about audio on the go since I don't really *listen* to music then. Pretty happy with my Galaxy S9+ and my Tin T2 for that.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #122 of 170
There is no other official thread of K3? :)

Anyways, My review of FiiO K3 is live now!

Quite a lovely DAC/AMP from FiiO, transparent sound, and a friendly price point of 110 USD

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/03/tiny-boom-fiio-k3-dacamp-review.html

FiiO-K3-DAC-AMP-Desktop-Portable-USB3-TypeC-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-11.jpg

FiiO-K3-DAC-AMP-Desktop-Portable-USB3-TypeC-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-19.jpg

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #123 of 170
@FiiO
ASIO not working after the last Windows 10 update March 12, 2019—KB4489868 (OS Build 17134.648):
190314fiiok3asio2rj8j.jpg

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #125 of 170
Put it in USB1, and see if it works?
ASIO is again not active in USB1 mode. However since USB1 is driverless can it support ASIO at all? I have never tried USB1 before.

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #126 of 170
ASIO is again not active in USB1 mode. However since USB1 is driverless can it support ASIO at all? I have never tried USB1 before.

Don't sweat the ASIO, just put it in USB1 and use it :L3000:

I'm usually not using ASIO, only for microphone work, not for music, so I'm not sure (?)

I just leave it at Windows default, and it keeps sounding as good as other methods 99% of time. to be honest, sometimes I use my realtek on-board optical out to bypass the USB noise, when I have a choice between USB and Optical input on a device, and it ends up sounding just as good, if not better :)

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #127 of 170
Don't sweat the ASIO, just put it in USB1 and use it :L3000:

I'm usually not using ASIO, only for microphone work, not for music, so I'm not sure (?)

I just leave it at Windows default, and it keeps sounding as good as other methods 99% of time. to be honest, sometimes I use my realtek on-board optical out to bypass the USB noise, when I have a choice between USB and Optical input on a device, and it ends up sounding just as good, if not better :)
Fiio recent driver on Windows 10 messed up everything. K3 doesn't support optical input so and without ASIO or WASAPI is must . Even my onboard realtech chip can use dedicated ASIO driver.

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #128 of 170
Got one of these on the way. I needed a DAC/amp and I wanted a quiet one. Apparently a lot of DAC/amps hiss to an extent so I was happy to hear that this doesn’t. Won’t be using the balanced port, and only using a few BA based IEMs that aren’t custom level hiss monsters. I still pick up on excess noise very easily and should be able to provide some informative feedback on this matter and the sound quality of the K3 as well.

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #129 of 170
Got one of these on the way. I needed a DAC/amp and I wanted a quiet one. Apparently a lot of DAC/amps hiss to an extent so I was happy to hear that this doesn’t. Won’t be using the balanced port, and only using a few BA based IEMs that aren’t custom level hiss monsters. I still pick up on excess noise very easily and should be able to provide some informative feedback on this matter and the sound quality of the K3 as well.

AWesome, happy to hear you're having a good experience!

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #130 of 170
Best $100 I ever spent! Guys, this device is a no brainer for IEMs, probably won't have enough push for more demanding headphones though. Nice and noise free through singled ended. Instructions for use are simple and straightforward (for Mac users). Clean sound, well separated, non fatiguing, musical.. Wasn't expecting a USB cable this long but I guess it's handy. The device does get a bit warm, no big deal. Yup, no regrets for this purchase which I can't say happens all too often. Stack it with an RSA Mustang maybe?? Would like to see this compared to JDS Labs ODAC, I've only heard the O2 amp. Anyway, I'm definitely enjoying this little guy with my A151P (2nd Gen) and AF160. I might get around to reviewing that second one since there doesn't seem to be much info on it but I'm finding it to be a good buy for 2-300 (not MSRP). Balanced cable for it and the K3? Now there's an idea.

Mar 22, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #131 of 170
I take back the comment on the device getting warm, it was only doing so while I was fussing with song selection. When left alone, it'll cool off just fine. Also, again relating to power, I don't find the change in gain to be very drastic. This is great for tuning the volume optimally. The bass boost is nice for adding some extra warmth but I prefer the clear sound of it disengaged.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #132 of 170
The P-51 is smaller than this thing. Would look cute on top of it, lol
Forget the ODAC, ugh.

The K3 has piqued my interest for the hell of it, maybe I am too much of an AKM fan? I love AKM DACs.
But I was reading on Amazon earlier that it doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over the E10k? One [perhaps unlucky] fellow felt that it was a downgrade altogether.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #133 of 170
An Amazon review said that the line-out isn’t a true line-out (volume changes on the K3 effect the volume of whatever amp is plugged in) unlike the E10K. I don’t currently have an amp to test this. Might grab the E10K for a sound comparison.

Mar 28, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #134 of 170
An Amazon review said that the line-out isn’t a true line-out (volume changes on the K3 effect the volume of whatever amp is plugged in) unlike the E10K. I don’t currently have an amp to test this. Might grab the E10K for a sound comparison.
Dear friend,

The K3's Line out output is volume controlled. It is achieved by the DAC chip.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back