FiiO&JadeAudio Over-Ear Headphones Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #91 of 603
Hi FiiO, what's the deal with the headphone stand that I've read about several times now, that it was with some people? Best regards

20230331_152403.jpg

This is what they came with.

Apr 1, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #92 of 603
Hi FiiO, what's the deal with the headphone stand that I've read about several times now, that it was with some people? Best regards
Dear friend,

* For the first batch in our Aliexpress store, each FT3 order can get a support stand as a gift. First come, first served!

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 1, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #93 of 603
Dear friend,

* For the first batch, each FT3 order can get a support stand as a gift. First come, first served!

Best regards
Hello!
What batch of headphones is now on sale, the first?
I bought fio ft3 from aliexpress yesterday. Will I get such a stand?

Apr 1, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #94 of 603
Hello!
What batch of headphones is now on sale, the first?
I bought fio ft3 from aliexpress yesterday. Will I get such a stand?
Dear friend,

Yes.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 1, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #96 of 603
Are the grills removable / replaceable?

Apr 1, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #98 of 603
I just received mine first thing this morning so these are my initial impressions a couple of hours in.

First things first….. The headphones arrived triple boxed. The box and accompanying accessories are top notch. The initial impression when looking at everything is that this is a $500 headphone at least. The included case is very well designed and comes in its own felt bag. Nice touch! The case contains a built-in compartment for the cable and a Velcro attached holder for the cable accessories. All of it is well thought out.

The cable itself is wonderful. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it’s 3m. Hopefully, FiiO will be offering this cable separately in different lengths. If they do, I’ll definitely be buying some! The plug system is great! Basically two plug ins with a lock screw (3.5mm & 4.4mm) with a 6.35mm attachment for the 3.5 and a 4-pin XLR attachment for the 4.4. All bases covered!

On to the headphones….
They’re very well made. It’s almost like Focal & Meze had a baby! The headband is the self adjusting type and is very comfortable. My only concern would be the longevity of the rubber where it stretches. Hopefully, FiiO will offer replacement parts. The ear cups are surprisingly spring loaded. They adjust well in all 3 planes. I do wish that the ear cups were a bit bigger. They are a tight 3 knuckles but okay. All in all, they’re comfortable.

My initial sound impressions are that the FT3 is pretty good. I tried both sets of pads. The suede pads gave a warm presentation. They seemed to add a hump in the lower mid bass and attenuate the treble which resulted in a loss of air. Switching to the protein leather reduced the bass and returned treble airiness. I much preferred the faux leather. With them installed, the FT3 sounded like a junior Elex. (Made a quick comparison)

So now I’m going to let them run in for a bit. I’ll report back in a few. My initial opinion is just get them. Well worth the asking.

A quick P.S.:
These things need to be run balanced.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #99 of 603
I just received mine first thing this morning so these are my initial impressions a couple of hours in.

First things first….. The headphones arrived triple boxed. The box and accompanying accessories are top notch. The initial impression when looking at everything is that this is a $500 headphone at least. The included case is very well designed and comes in its own felt bag. Nice touch! The case contains a built-in compartment for the cable and a Velcro attached holder for the cable accessories. All of it is well thought out.

The cable itself is wonderful. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it’s 3m. Hopefully, FiiO will be offering this cable separately in different lengths. If they do, I’ll definitely be buying some! The plug system is great! Basically two plug ins with a lock screw (3.5mm & 4.4mm) with a 6.35mm attachment for the 3.5 and a 4-pin XLR attachment for the 4.4. All bases covered!

On to the headphones….
They’re very well made. It’s almost like Focal & Meze had a baby! The headband is the self adjusting type and is very comfortable. My only concern would be the longevity of the rubber where it stretches. Hopefully, FiiO will offer replacement parts. The ear cups are surprisingly spring loaded. They adjust well in all 3 planes. I do wish that the ear cups were a bit bigger. They are a tight 3 knuckles but okay. All in all, they’re comfortable.

My initial sound impressions are that the FT3 is pretty good. I tried both sets of pads. The suede pads gave a warm presentation. They seemed to add a hump in the lower mid bass and attenuate the treble which resulted in a loss of air. Switching to the protein leather reduced the bass and returned treble airiness. I much preferred the faux leather. With them installed, the FT3 sounded like a junior Elex. (Made a quick comparison)

So now I’m going to let them run in for a bit. I’ll report back in a few. My initial opinion is just get them. Well worth the asking.
Keep us posted, well written, fair play!

Apr 2, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #100 of 603
DSCF6640.jpg
DSCF6641.jpg
DSCF6644.jpg
DSCF6648.jpg
DSCF6647.jpg

So my pair arrived today! This was a bit of an odd buy for me as I am normally a review and contemplate the crap out of a headphone before pulling the trigger but these were a blind buy just based on Fiio's stelar performance on every product I have owned. Suffice to say this is a really solid product for the money. Packaging is really good for the money with the leather case and accessories. Where I feel this headphone falls short is the cable as the soft sleeve gets all bunched up and wants to tangle far easier than the cable on the elites.

I am coming off the honeymoon period for the Meze elites so these have a hard road as I A/B them vs the elites. The first thing that stands out to me is the punch that these bring to the table in the low end. It is not really extension so much as punch and slam that I find lacking in the elites that the FT3 gets right. The highs are too harsh out of the box for me but I found dropping the same EQ I had for the elites was a great starting point to getting these dialed in. Sliding into my favorite test track Fink "trouble's What You're In (Live from Union Chapel, London - Oct 5 2011) the acoustic guitar is crisp and the string slaps hit with the right amount of bite. The lowend really stands out here as the dynamic driver digs deep for the bass and cajon easily outpacing the elites here. Switching over to Dire Straits "You and Your Friend" stereo placement is great and again the bass guitar stands out with clean drive. The lead guitar cuts out from the background but feels a bit harsh at times. Detail retrieval for the nuances like the fingers sliding down the strings is not as strong as the elites but is by no means bad. Electronic is also very good with Daft Punk (The Game of Love) everything feels well balanced again I would say the thing that stands out is the low end punch that I immediately find missing when I switch back to the elites. After you let the elites settle on your ears for a moment you can tell that they are extending farther and the separation is far better but I have to have them on for a moment to adjust to the punch difference.

Fit and feel. These are well built and feel good in the hand on the head. I find that the cups are a bit to small for my ears as they grip on the top and bottom of my ears. Not enough to sit on the ear but it is close. the head band is good and I found clamp to be right for my head size. This is an area that the elites win no questions ask when you put an elite on it simply disappears on your head while you know that the FT3 is there. Not uncomfortable by any stretch but it could be better.

Signal path Amazon music > Cayin idac 6 Mk2 > Cayin HA6A > 4.4 balanced FT3 or unbalanced Meze elites.

Apr 2, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #101 of 603
20230402_174046.jpg

I received the FT3 and listened to it over the weekend.

I own a pair of similarly priced headphones, the ATH-R70X, so I primarily compared them to those.

The bass to midrange sounded clearer and more powerful than the R70X due to the faster response time, but it seemed to be trying to stay neutral.

In the treble, they sounded crisp up to the highs, which is where the R70X didn't quite match up, but there was a slightly less polished, more nervous sound that I think some people will like or dislike.

I was reminded of the MEZE 109Pro while listening to these headphones.

The neutral lows, mids, and slightly nervous highs sounded similar, which made the FT3s feel like a mini-109Pro.

Like the 109Pro, which sounded great with some EQ tweaks, the FT3s seem to have the same room for improvement.

Apr 2, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #102 of 603
Mine arrived while I was working yesterday. I've just unpacked them while having breakfast. Had a quick listen on my Bottlehead Crack. I gotta say... initial impressions are good! These are keepers. I plan to write a full review after I've had a couple days with them. For $299, though... I think the whole package FiiO have put together represents a significant bargain.

Apr 2, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #103 of 603
20230402_174046.jpg

I received the FT3 and listened to it over the weekend.

I own a pair of similarly priced headphones, the ATH-R70X, so I primarily compared them to those.

The bass to midrange sounded clearer and more powerful than the R70X due to the faster response time, but it seemed to be trying to stay neutral.

In the treble, they sounded crisp up to the highs, which is where the R70X didn't quite match up, but there was a slightly less polished, more nervous sound that I think some people will like or dislike.

I was reminded of the MEZE 109Pro while listening to these headphones.

The neutral lows, mids, and slightly nervous highs sounded similar, which made the FT3s feel like a mini-109Pro.

Like the 109Pro, which sounded great with some EQ tweaks, the FT3s seem to have the same room for improvement.
Thank you for sharing. I was about to order the r70x but I ended up ordering Fiio's headphones.

How is the soundstage in FT3 compared to r70x?

Apr 2, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #104 of 603
Thank you for sharing. I was about to order the r70x but I ended up ordering Fiio's headphones.

How is the soundstage in FT3 compared to r70x?

Unfortunately, the soundstage is narrower than the R70x.

But there's so much sacrificed for it, I'd personally give the FT3 a higher score.

The FT3's sound quality should only be compared to headphones that are above the R70x.

Apr 2, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #105 of 603
Finally I got my FT3 as well!

My first impression, sound stage is okay. I felt it being narrower than my Pionner SE-Monitor5. But this isnt really a big issue, its spacious enough.

I found the overall sound to be a little more bass incline. What I meant is, this is not booming, thumping bass. But their presence is stronger as compared to mids and highs. I felt the bass somewhat isnt properly reproduced. It doesnt really bring out the timbre of the bass tones.

I found the mids to be slightly more recessed. It is not the clearest I have heard. Vocals are okay, but I cant help but feel a certain veil over it. Guitar and piano are audible but like the bass, it sort of misses timbre of the tones. I feel unable to bring out the full characteristics of the instruments.

The highs is the weakest among the 3. It lacks a certain sparkle to it and overtones seem to drown out pretty fast. Its definitely audible but not really to the level I expected. I definitely feel like the high hat notes ended too fast.

Details retrieval is okay, nothing fantastic. It does a good enough job for its price bracket but doesn't wow me.

I spent my last 2 days with my pioneer SE-monitor5 and I guess it does affect my impression of it a little. I drive them with my Hiby r6 (2020) aka the New Hiby R6, through the 4.4mm Balanced PO. I know my take seems to be against the general consensus, but its just my opinion and YMMV!

Hope you guys enjoy your purchase! 😀

Attachments

• 20230402_232758.jpg
    20230402_232758.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230402_233622.jpg
    20230402_233622.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back