[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #1,771 of 1,922
I have 2000j now, so I would rather skip Dunu (I also don't like the looks of 30001 pro).
They would probably be way pricier in Europe.

The DN-2000J and DK 3001 Pro are tuned way differently. They're around 430€.

The FH7 are overall decent - just the really forward central midrange (especially when the inner vents are blocked, which is pretty much unavoidable, at least in my ears) is definitely a matter of taste. As for technical performance, the 3001 and FH7 are about equal, but the DUNU are tuned more accurately (close to the diffuse-field target) in the mids. Really good IEMs, but imo perhaps just a bit too "technical" in the lows for what I personally expect from a hybrid implementation with DD bass; the FH7 are a bit more "typically" dynamic driver-like there, although overall rather on the more technical side as well (if I go the hybrid IEM route, I want IEMs that are less "BA-like" in the lows and linger more, otherwise I take multi-BA models right away - then again, I don't want the lows to be muddy, slow garbage either (as it is the case on IEMs such as my Trinity Audio Engineering Delta V-II or Sennheiser IE 80)).
The Sony, on the other hand, while ultimately perhaps not as resolving and not really outstanding in any particular area, offer what I would describe as the "typical" hybrid IEM characteristic in the lows, with ample amounts of body, texture and slam. They definitely have their fanbase, and I really like mine as well for recreational listening (in fact they are among the very few hybrid IEMs that I personally really like).

Apr 23, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,772 of 1,922
Just released two other contenders in the price range ... Oracle and Excalibur from Thieaudio, but still no reviews of course.

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #1,773 of 1,922
I recently received my Hidizs MS4 from the Kickstarter campaign, so I will be comparing this first set of songs mostly between those two. I have a set of FiiO FH5 (for sale!), Sony XBA-N3, Audeze iSine 20, and Whizzer Kylin A-HE03. Yes, I have a preference for hybrid or planar magnetic sound.

I listen to a wide variety of music, but mostly rock, metal, classical, blues, and some electronic/darksynth.

Madness by Muse. It has a heavy bass line, but it must not overwhelm Bellamy's voice. The Hidisz MS4 and the FiiO FH7 both do the beat justice, with neither blasting past the vocals. The MS4 is definitely boomer. The defining point with definition is at 03:44 when Bellamy just soars vocally, with backing vocals. The FH7 is much more defined there, chillingly so. The MS4 is quite good but just slightly less defined; the bass is more emphasized which has its own appeal. The hybrids deliver better impact on the song over some BA-only I've sampled.

Fly for Your Life by GUNSHIP. The bass in the MS4 will knock your eardrums about. At 03:40, the drums pan from left to right as an airplane flies overhead. The bass from the FH7 is less pronounced compared to the head rattling the MS4 deliver.

Workin' Them Angels by Rush. Again, the MS4 will work you over with the bass delivery courtesy of Peart and Lee. It's not completely over the top, nor does it overwhelm Lifeson or vocals. The FiiO FH7 sounds restrained after listening to the MS4 - and it reminds me how less crisp the FH5, a fine set on their own, sound. The FH7 and MS4 deliver a different sound, and I personally can appreciate both.

Unsainted by Slipknot. Bass is much tighter and faster on the FH7 with less boom and more snap than on the MS4. Vocals - might actually be a little less forward on the FH7 but not recessed. Will have to keep listening and A/B testing.
I finally found a comparison to ask a question. I'm undecided between FH5 and MS4. Both have a fun W-shaped presentation. If we compare clarity, soundstage, depth, layering, which one do you think is superior? Which one has stronger bass? I listen to EDM and pop genres. As someone who has used both, I need your opinions.

The source I use is the LG V30.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #1,774 of 1,922
I finally found a comparison to ask a question. I'm undecided between FH5 and MS4. Both have a fun W-shaped presentation. If we compare clarity, soundstage, depth, layering, which one do you think is superior? Which one has stronger bass? I listen to EDM and pop genres. As someone who has used both, I need your opinions.

The source I use is the LG V30.
Hmmm. FH5, for me, had some odd tuning. The MS4 slams a lot more, and I find it has more clarity. Hit me up if you want to buy an FH7 or an MS4. :)

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #1,778 of 1,922
Fiio FH7 vs Sennheiser IE800? Anyone?
I can do a vs IE800S: FH7 is brighter across the board. Bass extension is similar on both but the FH7 has speed and definition vs the IE800s' texture and coherency. Midrange is great on both, although IE800s has more fullness and warmth while FH7 has faster transients and leaner note size.

In the treble, Fh7's is definitely more forward and pronounced - it may be fatiguing to those who prefer a warmer, laid back sound. IE800s is just that: warm and laid back but still capable of good detail retrieval (albeit not as much micro-detail as FH7). In terms of resolution, they're both very good. FH7 has a little more micro-detail retrieval as mentioned while the IE800s has a more inviting, musical approach.

Aug 3, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #1,779 of 1,922
I can try to compare FH7 to IE900 if that helps?

I would be using foam tips for both though so it may not be a valid comparison in your case.

I can do a vs IE800S: FH7 is brighter across the board. Bass extension is similar on both but the FH7 has speed and definition vs the IE800s' texture and coherency. Midrange is great on both, although IE800s has more fullness and warmth while FH7 has faster transients and leaner note size.

In the treble, Fh7's is definitely more forward and pronounced - it may be fatiguing to those who prefer a warmer, laid back sound. IE800s is just that: warm and laid back but still capable of good detail retrieval (albeit not as much micro-detail as FH7). In terms of resolution, they're both very good. FH7 has a little more micro-detail retrieval as mentioned while the IE800s has a more inviting, musical approach.

That's really help me!. Thank you. 😁

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #1,781 of 1,922
I'm on my second set of FH7, and on both sets, there was one side that didn't click when inserting the cable and it would come out. I've tried the cable from my FA7, and both sides click when inserted, so it is obviously a quality control issue with the "C" spec cable. The last time I bought the silver cable but found it made them too bright. As I've narrowed it down to the cable, is there a fix?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #1,782 of 1,922
I'm on my second set of FH7, and on both sets, there was one side that didn't click when inserting the cable and it would come out. I've tried the cable from my FA7, and the right side clicks when inserted . The last time I bought the silver cable but found it made them too bright. As I've narrowed it down to the cable, is there a fix?
similar issue here, love my new FH7 but the right IEM does not properly clicks. It works, but sometime you may get faulty contact. I am going to send it back for replacement. I tried to swap L and R and the R IEM clicks properly with the L cable termination. So in my case I guess it is the connector on the R IEM that is not working properly

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #1,783 of 1,922
similar issue here, love my new FH7 but the right IEM does not properly clicks. It works, but sometime you may get faulty contact. I am going to send it back for replacement. I tried to swap L and R and the R IEM clicks properly with the L cable termination. So in my case I guess it is the connector on the R IEM that is not working properly
Dear friend,

If the output works fine, having click or not does not matter a lot. But if this click affect your daily usage, you could contact the seller or support@fiio.com for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back