[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Apr 6, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #1,576 of 1,922
I am undecided N3 and FH7, in conclusion if you had to keep only one, which would you choose? I listen to everything from hip hop to classical, but the emotion that can give me a violin and a guitar, nobody beats it, in your opinion which headphones are more complete? And who has a better soundstage? Thanks a lot you would help me a lot

Oh boy... can I say my iSine 20? :) The FH7 has the better-sounding stage, IMO, but for some people with some units (QC?), they can lean fatiguing.

You mention classical guitar - if you want to hear the rasp of a glissando, FH7. If you want a smoother experience, where you hear the glissando, but it's a little more relaxed, the XBA-N3. Does that help?

Lately, I have been leaning toward the XBA-N3. Again, all on my mood!

Apr 6, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #1,577 of 1,922
Oh boy... can I say my iSine 20? :) The FH7 has the better-sounding stage, IMO, but for some people with some units (QC?), they can lean fatiguing.

You mention classical guitar - if you want to hear the rasp of a glissando, FH7. If you want a smoother experience, where you hear the glissando, but it's a little more relaxed, the XBA-N3. Does that help?

Lately, I have been leaning toward the XBA-N3. Again, all on my mood!
Sorry but I made confusion, I was convinced that the FH7 cost 280 (instead they were the FA7) however they are out of my budget, I don't know have you ever tried the FA7 or the FH5 to make a comparison with the N3, Thanks. Sorry but I made confusion, I was convinced that the fh7s cost 280 (instead they were the FA7s) however they are out of my budget, I don't know have you ever tried the fa7s or the fh5s to make a comparison with the N3, Thanks, obviously I am open to other models, as long as they have an excellent soundstage

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #1,578 of 1,922
Sorry but I made confusion, I was convinced that the FH7 cost 280 (instead they were the FA7) however they are out of my budget, I don't know have you ever tried the FA7 or the FH5 to make a comparison with the N3, Thanks. Sorry but I made confusion, I was convinced that the fh7s cost 280 (instead they were the FA7s) however they are out of my budget, I don't know have you ever tried the fa7s or the fh5s to make a comparison with the N3, Thanks, obviously I am open to other models, as long as they have an excellent soundstage

I had the FH5, and sold them. Boomier bass. I didn't like the sound signature. I would definitely go for the XBA-N3.

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #1,579 of 1,922
Sorry but I made confusion, I was convinced that the FH7 cost 280 (instead they were the FA7) however they are out of my budget, I don't know have you ever tried the FA7 or the FH5 to make a comparison with the N3, Thanks
I had the FH5, and sold them. Boomier bass. I didn't like the sound signature. I would definitely go for the XBA-N3.
Last two questions, do you think with XBA-N3 having an external dac makes much difference compared to a smartphone? If yes, which one do you recommend under 150 euros? I tried the DragonFly black with the 1 more triple driver in ear and the difference was practically zero (only an increase in volume, which I don't need). If the difference is not very much I would prefer to avoid at the moment, but if there is a difference I am happy to save money to buy it, Thanks

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #1,580 of 1,922
Last two questions, do you think with XBA-N3 having an external dac makes much difference compared to a smartphone? If yes, which one do you recommend under 150 euros? I tried the DragonFly black with the 1 more triple driver in ear and the difference was practically zero (only an increase in volume, which I don't need). If the difference is not very much I would prefer to avoid at the moment, but if there is a difference I am happy to save money to buy it, Thanks
iPhone with its DAC, or LG?

Apr 7, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #1,581 of 1,922
Don't know about difference as none of my devices have a headphone jack any more but I use the FiiO BTR5 with my smartphone, mostly with LDAC Bluetooth but can also plug in via USB port. With the FH7 it is great.

Apr 10, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #1,585 of 1,922
Hi I have a great problem with the meze 99 classics but with the over ear ia general, the meze have a sound that I like very much but I am returning them because they do not, they isolate well the outflow of the music and the external noises, I wanted to return them and take them an iem, but first I wanted to ask you in the meantime if isolated derives from headphones or from the pads, once I tried the mdr950ap and however bulky they isolated a lot, if it is the pads that make the difference, can you recommend a few that greatly increase the insulation? If not, I go for the iem, but I would like to get there as a last choice at the iem, I have never had any over ear for this and I am very sorry

Apr 10, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #1,586 of 1,922
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 16, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #1,587 of 1,922
The FH7 are legitimate bass cannons. They didn't pair well with my IFI imicro black label, but they pair really well with OPPO HA2-SE. The Bass isn't like Th-X00 or Th-900, but it is very punchy, and goes deep. Very enjoyable headphone! I ordered to M11 pro, and will see how that pairing works. Right now now chain is iphone x > oppo ha2-se > fh7.

Apr 16, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #1,588 of 1,922
The FH7 are legitimate bass cannons. They didn't pair well with my IFI imicro black label, but they pair really well with OPPO HA2-SE. The Bass isn't like Th-X00 or Th-900, but it is very punchy, and goes deep. Very enjoyable headphone! I ordered to M11 pro, and will see how that pairing works. Right now now chain is iphone x > oppo ha2-se > fh7.

FH7 bass cannons? :thinking:

Apr 16, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #1,589 of 1,922
FH7 bass cannons? :thinking:

yes they have a lot of bass....it only comes when the recordings have it - its tight, and gets low...again nothing like Fostex TH series, but its pretty serious - FYI I am not a bass-head, but I own many bassy headphones.

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #1,590 of 1,922
My in-depth written review about FiiO's FH7 is live now!

Lots and I mean LOTS of comparisons included, with detailed descriptions of pairings and more fun to be had in the full article!

Also coming to Head-Fi really soon! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/the-shooting-star-returns-fiio-fh7-iems-review.html

FiiO-FA7-MMCX-IEMs-Silver-Cable-Modular-5-Drivers-BA-Dynamic-Flagship-Review-In-Depth-Earphones-IEMs-Audiophile-Heaven-17.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back