[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
May 11, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #1,606 of 1,922
Yup, I like these, a LOT - definitely early days, but I think with the red filters, that these trump my old go to AK IEMs...

Thank you FiiO :D

Edit : That being said, sad times when trying to register them...

fiio.jpg

Should be noted that the scratch panel was intact, sealed box etc. - so not a return or anything...

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,608 of 1,922
My favorite combo right now is green filters, and bass tips - audio bliss for me!
I didn’t even try the tips (maybe sacrilegious to say that but I’m used to JVC Spiral Dot++) - using your combination, the treble (having been a DD person for a few years) is a little hot for me until I’m fully adjusted, but yes, bass tips are the way forward!

Thanks!

May 11, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #1,609 of 1,922
I didn’t even try the tips (maybe sacrilegious to say that but I’m used to JVC Spiral Dot++) - using your combination, the treble (having been a DD person for a few years) is a little hot for me until I’m fully adjusted, but yes, bass tips are the way forward!

Thanks!

It will take some time, absolutely - but I think the end result is a great pay-off.

I was coming from 1more Quads...you can imagine how freakin' bright I thought the FH7 was the first few days of listening. But, man - there's no looking back for me now!

May 11, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1,610 of 1,922
It will take some time, absolutely - but I think the end result is a great pay-off.

I was coming from 1more Quads...you can imagine how freakin' bright I thought the FH7 was the first few days of listening. But, man - there's no looking back for me now!
One of my reference tracks - Larkin Poe, Come on in my kitchen - is sounding sublime... wow wow wow... that slide guitar!!

thanks again for the tip (pun intended!)

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #1,612 of 1,922
Just switched back to the AKs, boomier, overblown bass, dull mids, little to no treble - basically lifeless...

Different strokes for different folks I’m sure, but for me my ears have a new seductress in the form of the FH7... this journey can only get sweeter with time.

May 12, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #1,613 of 1,922
I usually hear a lot of metal, so the green filter is painful for the ears.
My choice is the black filter and the blue SpinFit.
I usually use the equalizer to boost 1 dB at 3000 and 5000 Hz.

May 12, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #1,614 of 1,922
My one month old set of FH7's has developed a fault. The left-hand headshell has never clicked when inserting the cable like the right-hand headshell does. Now I am having sound dropouts. They are going straight back to Amazon.co.uk. Not impressed with FiiO's quality control, as the person who attached the cable prior to boxing it up, must have noticed this.

I will be purchasing a non FiiO IEM as a replacement to go with my M11 Pro. Suggestions welcome. Brooko seems quite keen on the Fearless S8 Freedom.

May 12, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #1,615 of 1,922
My one month old set of FH7's has developed a fault. The left-hand headshell has never clicked when inserting the cable like the right-hand headshell does. Now I am having sound dropouts. They are going straight back to Amazon.co.uk. Not impressed with FiiO's quality control, as the person who attached the cable prior to boxing it up, must have noticed this.

I will be purchasing a non FiiO IEM as a replacement to go with my M11 Pro. Suggestions welcome. Brooko seems quite keen on the Fearless S8 Freedom.

Please note that the S8F is very different from the FH7.
The S8F's bass has more impact but the FH7's bass is more extensive and deeper. The S8F has much high mids, which makes them very detailed,
but for many people it may be too much for long listening (I usually reduce its peak at 3500 Hz by 1 or 2 dBs when I've been listening to music for a long time).
The FH7's scene is bigger, more holographic and airy, thanks to the depth of its subwoofer and the extent of its treble.

For me, the perfect IEM will be the S8F with FH7's bass and scene :)

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #1,616 of 1,922
But FiiO IEM quality control is crap. I have had FA1 an FH1 what when wrong within an hour of receiving them. My so called top of the line FiiO FH7 has had the left hand cable fallen out of the headshell a few times and also many sound drop outs. You can see there is a gap between the wire and the headshell, that isn't present on the right side. After swapping the cable over, I have proved its the headshell and not the cable. I have even bought the "D" spec cable to no effect.

I will never buy a FiiO IEM again. Don't get me started on that piece of crap that they call an NC headphone. FiiO should recall them and refund. The sound with NC turned on is unlistenable.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #1,617 of 1,922
I find them great, no issues at all. Actually using them with the LC-BT2 with LDAC Bluetooth connection.
Sounds much better than the Sennheiser Momentum, especially with the impressive bass ...
Will try them as well with a balanced cable, as soon as it arrives.

By the way: One of my preferred test tracks:

Dido.png

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #1,618 of 1,922
Just curious, did you enjoy pairing FH 7 with BA300S? what is your source?
My source was Q5S(its dead now) and i both own Oriolus BA300S and Oriolus Reborn iems. What can i say, if you have reference source than BA300S makes sound a little warmer, but as its tube amplifier there is some noticeable hiss with FH7. Reborn on the other hand has the same tuning as BA300s but as it not tubes, its much clearer but there is no velvet touch to it. But again that if u have reference source, if your player at least a little warmer than Reborn is preferable as the price of Reborn and FH7+BA300s is the same. Really like those iems and almost not using BA300S anymore.
I hope it helped.

May 16, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #1,619 of 1,922
I’m seriously impressed with the beryllium driver, it is very composed compared to my previous point of reference - the whole sound spectrum of the FH7 is very very good...

Might be sacrilegious to say this, but the Utopia turned me off of beryllium due to its tuning which just doesn’t work for me... the FH7 have changed my mind of the capabilities...

Thank you FiiO :)

May 23, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #1,620 of 1,922
In other news, I am more than well aware of the principle that BAs don’t burn in, but I’m puzzled - when I first put these into my ears with the black filters, the treble was so sharp it serrated my eardrums, crazily large amounts of harsh sibilance... moving to today, I can use the green (treble) filters and no sibilance to be found, I know of brain burn in, but that first impression can’t have been that wrong, I’m quite sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back