[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
May 23, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #1,621 of 1,922
In other news, I am more than well aware of the principle that BAs don’t burn in, but I’m puzzled - when I first put these into my ears with the black filters, the treble was so sharp it serrated my eardrums, crazily large amounts of harsh sibilance... moving to today, I can use the green (treble) filters and no sibilance to be found, I know of brain burn in, but that first impression can’t have been that wrong, I’m quite sure.

Why are you using the treble filters in the first place if you thought they were treble-hot with the black?

May 23, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #1,622 of 1,922
Why are you using the treble filters in the first place if you thought they were treble-hot with the black?
Because after a short while, and following direction from this thread, the combination that works the best is bass tips and treble filters, I certainly couldn’t listen to them like that out of the box though

May 23, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #1,623 of 1,922
It seems that the treble filter makes the sound less sharp, although the treble gets a bit louder. It's been a while since I tested the filters, though – I stick with the treble filter.

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #1,631 of 1,922
hi there to all of you.
Just bought a new fiio m11 and i am very happy..
My iems are fiio f9 and shure se425 and now i am in the market for something better
i listen only tidal and my own personal music that i loaded to my micro sd all files flac
So now the question.....Jazz,blues,clasic music ,,,,,a lot of 80's also and some ...just a little metal ...metallica albums mostly...
Is the FH7 the right choise for me? I live in greece so to hear some good iems demo is not possible....Another choise maybe final audio B3? shure se535?
Thanks..

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #1,632 of 1,922
hi there to all of you.
My iems are fiio f9 and shure se425 and now i am in the market for something better
i listen only tidal and my own personal music that i loaded to my micro sd all files flac
So now the question.....Jazz,blues,clasic music ,,,,,a lot of 80's also and some ...just a little metal ...metallica albums mostly...
Is the FH7 the right choise for me? I live in greece so to hear some good iems demo is not possible....Another choise maybe final audio B3? shure se535?
Thanks..
To my ears these will be good for any genre of music it is well balanced and has a great soundstage excellent IEMS for the price ..

Jun 1, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #1,633 of 1,922
Agreed, I feel them to be pretty universal, I haven’t found any genres from what I listen to where I feel the need to look for another of my IEMs

Jun 1, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,634 of 1,922
hi there to all of you.
Thanks..

Another IEM to consider is the Dunu DK-2001.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-dk-2001.24085/reviews#item-review-23758

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back