[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Jul 1, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #661 of 1,922
After basically going through all the filters and tips, here are my favourites :

- Treble filter + Comply TS400 (however, leads to itchy ears and a bit of pain for long listening sessions) - sharpest mids and bass/treble definition, great isolation
- Reference filter + balanced tips, Stock configuration - surprisingly, the most balanced sound, very comfortable for long listening sessions but poor isolation

If only I could get the sound and isolation of the treble filter + Comply but with the comfort of the balanced tips.

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #662 of 1,922
After basically going through all the filters and tips, here are my favourites :

- Treble filter + Comply TS400 (however, leads to itchy ears and a bit of pain for long listening sessions) - sharpest mids and bass/treble definition, great isolation
- Reference filter + balanced tips, Stock configuration - surprisingly, the most balanced sound, very comfortable for long listening sessions but poor isolation

If only I could get the sound and isolation of the treble filter + Comply but with the comfort of the balanced tips.

Have you tried some hybrid tips? I know they are rare but they have silicone on the outside and foam on the inside. I’m not sure if this would do the trick but if you can find a pair to try it may work.

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #663 of 1,922
Have you tried some hybrid tips? I know they are rare but they have silicone on the outside and foam on the inside. I’m not sure if this would do the trick but if you can find a pair to try it may work.

Good idea. I have some Symbio W.

Jul 2, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #667 of 1,922
Try Dekoni Bulletz - more comfortable than Comply, washable, better value and IMO better sound.

Which model are those and can you get them in UK? I personally love the medium balanced silicones the FH7 come fitted with - and the reference filters too, so I guess I am bang on the target audience. But I do like the increased isolation foam tips provide - do the Dekoni dampen the treble 'air' with the FH7s? The ones supplied in the box seem to do that.

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #668 of 1,922
Which model are those and can you get them in UK? I personally love the medium balanced silicones the FH7 come fitted with - and the reference filters too, so I guess I am bang on the target audience. But I do like the increased isolation foam tips provide - do the Dekoni dampen the treble 'air' with the FH7s? The ones supplied in the box seem to do that.
Yes they are available in the UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dekoni-Audio-Moldable-Isolation-Earphone-Black/dp/B01M0SGE1S. I prefer them to the Comply tips (and those supplied by Fiio) because they change the sound less while providing similar isolation and more comfort. That said I haven't heard them with the FH7 yet (because I don't have the FH7 yet), though based on reports of 'hot treble' with some tips that I enjoy with the FH5 (like Spiral Dots and Fiio's own silicone tips), I'm thinking a touch of treble taming will be a welcome benefit from any foam tips I use. That remains to be seen and heard, but if any foam tips do the trick, it'll be the Dekoni. You can also contact @DekoniAudio directly and they'll hook you up with local suppliers. Tal (the company owner) is a real gentleman and enthusiast.

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #669 of 1,922
Yes they are available in the UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dekoni-Audio-Moldable-Isolation-Earphone-Black/dp/B01M0SGE1S. I prefer them to the Comply tips (and those supplied by Fiio) because they change the sound less while providing similar isolation and more comfort. That said I haven't heard them with the FH7 yet (because I don't have the FH7 yet), though based on reports of 'hot treble' with some tips that I enjoy with the FH5 (like Spiral Dots and Fiio's own silicone tips), I'm thinking a touch of treble taming will be a welcome benefit from any foam tips I use. That remains to be seen and heard, but if any foam tips do the trick, it'll be the Dekoni. You can also contact @DekoniAudio directly and they'll hook you up with local suppliers. Tal (the company owner) is a real gentleman and enthusiast.

Nice one, cheers.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #670 of 1,922

isolation aside, How does it sound using Treble Filter w/ Silicone Tips, Thoughts / Opinion?

I don't use Foam Tips. :worried:

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #671 of 1,922
Tested the FH7 on the subway and the isolation is honestly not the best, even with Comply tips. Need to stick with ER4SR for the subway for decent isolation. FH7 is probably better for home or above ground listening. The rumbles of the subway train is too much. Must be the two vents. Will try again with other foam tips.

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #672 of 1,922
Tested the FH7 on the subway and the isolation is honestly not the best, even with Comply tips. Need to stick with ER4SR for the subway for decent isolation. FH7 is probably better for home or above ground listening. The rumbles of the subway train is too much. Must be the two vents. Will try again with other foam tips.
Strange, I found the FH7 to have above average noise isolation, using silicone tips and with a proper seal.

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #674 of 1,922

Do they fit the fh7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back