[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Jun 22, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #529 of 1,922
Andromeda is closest I’ve heard. Amazing layering and depth to soundstage
Andromeda is the closest in an IEM, but that's not saying much. The HD800 has far better and deeper bass (a dynamic driver always will) and you can't even compare soundtstage between the two. Just my opinion of course.

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #530 of 1,922
Please Let us know how it goes

Just tested it. Used the FH7, EX1000 and ER4SR. Unfortunately the XDP300R has better separation, darker background and way more detail. Sounds less congested and much more dynamic and musical. The M11 is a little too blunted compared the sound of the 300R which is really delicate and sweet. Not my thing. The SR15 is better too.

EDIT: The FiiO pure silver cable is nice though. Tested the 2.5mm with my XDP300R and the details and clarity is noticeably better (by a so-so amount). Might just be the balanced architecture of my DAP. Either way, the silver cable is much more pliable and softer than the stock one so it’s more comfortable. I ordered one.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #531 of 1,922
Finally received my FH7!

When i first tried them stock I was hugely disappointed, but after some filter, tip, and cable swap. These are a winner. By no means is it as good as my Solaris but for a 3rd cost it definitely punch like a higher tier iem. As of now using it with the green filter, M bass tips, Fiio LC-4.4D on a Fiio M11.

Not sure if its the silver cable or the balance output but it made a substantial difference.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #532 of 1,922
Hey guys do you recommend this to an HD800s owner as let's say an iem equivalent?
HD800 or HD800S?

I’d say it’s not too far away from an HD800 - quite linear bass, and a bump in the upper mids. HD800S has a little more bass emphasis / impact. And of course the FH7 can’t come close to Senn impression of sound stage.

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #533 of 1,922
HD800 or HD800S?

I’d say it’s not too far away from an HD800 - quite linear bass, and a bump in the upper mids. HD800S has a little more bass emphasis / impact. And of course the FH7 can’t come close to Senn impression of sound stage.
Andromeda is closest I’ve heard. Amazing layering and depth to soundstage

I feel like if the Andromeda is analogous to the HD800, the FH7 is similar to my Focal Elex, but with a much better low end. Maybe like if the Elex and my E-mu Rosewood biodynas had a baby....

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #534 of 1,922
HD800S , thank you all for the input.
Of course I don't expect an iem to be a direct HD800S equivalent.
I was more or less referring to tonality and detail rendering so it can be good with classical.
Funds are limited so I top at an FH7 price.
Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on it so I can test it myself.

Jun 23, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #537 of 1,922
Has anyone measured the weight of the fh7 as compared to the fa7; the body of the fh7 seems quite large and I am interested in the weight difference too.

They’re super comfortable though, especially with a pure silver cable as they’re more softer and pliable than copper or SPC.

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #538 of 1,922
They’re super comfortable though, especially with a pure silver cable as they’re more softer and pliable than copper or SPC.
I wear iem's 20 hours per day and alternate between fa1, fh5, and fa7 and at this type of usage the weight does become noticeable.

The reviews I have read show the fh7 to be quite good, but now as partially disabled I need an iem to wear for extended periods time.

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #540 of 1,922
I wear iem's 20 hours per day and alternate between fa1, fh5, and fa7 and at this type of usage the weight does become noticeable.

The reviews I have read show the fh7 to be quite good, but now as partially disabled I need an iem to wear for extended periods time.

I have no problem wearing them for 4 hours at a time, could probably go longer but haven't had the opportunity yet. I find them super comfortable, I guess they just fit my ears right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back